Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the law she has one father Mr BOEL who officially recognized her. He thought he was her biological Father; Sybille , his wife lies about the date of her pregnancy.
In the Belgian Law each Citizen may have only one father and King Albert has not to recognize her.
The winners in this affaire are VIER and RTL .
The losers are these two Ladies who have to fight against the Belgian's best lawyers and are more and more unpopular because they need money.
They should move back again in the UK for ever.

Why the hell doesn't Albert just try to settle this in the best way possible? by straight-out refusing, he's opening the door to make this be an even bigger mess *facepalm*

And the documentary talking about "autistic" Philippe will still be broadcasted, so the damage is already done.

Considering people used so many terms for king Philippe,this is just another one. In the mean time his popularity, measured a few days ago, only went up.

Why Albert does not want to deal with it is a mystery, but I think that there are very few people in Belgium who doubt that he is the biological father.

For the law she has one father Mr BOEL who officially recognized her. He thought he was her biological Father; Sybille , his wife lies about the date of her pregnancy.

I thought Sybille and Jacques Boël were married in 1962. Delphine was born in 1968.

There's a little nuance in Albert's response of today. He didn't deny he's Delphine's father, he refuses to be considered as her father.
King Albert responds to paternity allegations
I was hoping they could reach an agreement in private after Albert's abdication, but apparently that's not going to be the case.

it would be really lolworthy if at the end for some strange twist of fate Albert is not her father

Why the hell doesn't Albert just try to settle this in the best way possible? by straight-out refusing, he's opening the door to make this be an even bigger mess *facepalm*

And the documentary talking about "autistic" Philippe will still be broadcasted, so the damage is already done.

Maybe he has tried to solve this privately, but Delphine is insisting on a public declaration and wants something like a title or vast amounts of money.

Maybe he has tried to solve this privately, but Delphine is insisting on a public declaration and wants something like a title or vast amounts of money.

Somehow I have the same thought. The way she insisting to be recognised, I think that she wants a public recognition. There are many reasons to believe this: the resemblance between Delphine and Some members of BRF is inevitable to be ignored, Albert DID have an extra-marital relationship with the Baroness, and her mother has told her the truth about her paternity. So she knows it, and many others know it, but yet ...

As an illegitimate child, myself, I've always wondered why people think that a baby daddy who is known to a child is somehow supposed to support the child, while if the daddy hides long enough, he gets out of his responsibility.

She should want a paternity test first off (if there isn't one). In my case, my mother knew who my dad was and he readily admitted to me that he was my dad, but was afraid until literally a week before he died to let his legitimate offspring know that he knew I existed. They of course already knew (from other relatives) but it was forbidden to mention me.

My children always thought it was awkward, sad and sneaky for "dad" to call up to talk to me (and to call himself grandpa to them on occasion) but for him to be afraid to publicly acknowledge us. Naturally, I never got even so much as a memento from him - but his family kindly sent pictures of him for me and the kids to have. They held the phone up to his ear for me to say goodbye when he was dying on the view that he was feeling guilty and wanted to hear my voice - he died an hour later. The drama - oh, the drama!

But still, I was locked out of anything more mundane, more helpful, more parent-like...I know I am still an embarrassment to some of his kin, in his home place (where the story is well known - it's a smallish place and they were a prominent family). It would have been helpful to me, once upon a time, to be acknowledged as someone he wasn't embarrassed about, but now, it doesn't matter.

So, I imagine, Delphine will eventually grow out of her need to relate to the family at all. In the meantime, unless you've walked a mile in her moccasins...

I've walked several miles in a lot of bad situations. I do know that when the time comes, even if she's his daughter and public proof, it's come at a high cost. I think it's cost her too much already; her wealthy stepfather who supported nad raised her has disowned her because of this, she has shown herself ot be mildly out of control and it's widely suspected that she and her mother want money and are coming off as nutjobs.

I blame the Baroness for messing around on her husband ,then messing up by not marrying Albert when she had the chance to make Delphine legit.If he is, then chances are it won't change anything other than a generally accepted idea will become a fact. Where will Delphine go if she ends up with that proof?

Albert will not take her into the bosom of his legitimate family and I wonder if Delphine will campaign for that as well, open social acceptance.

I thought Sybille and Jacques Boël were married in 1962. Delphine was born in 1968.

There's a little nuance in Albert's response of today. He didn't deny he's Delphine's father, he refuses to be considered as her father.
King Albert responds to paternity allegations
I was hoping they could reach an agreement in private after Albert's abdication, but apparently that's not going to be the case.

According to Albert's lawyer..."We see photographs but no proof that he is her father"......

Please, please, please tell me that Albert and his legal advisers are not this stupid! This is 2013, legal paternity via DNA samples can be very quickly established! It's true that the photos are not proof, but it doesn't help his case that she is a clone of his late mother. :bang:

Shame on him for allowing this mess to get so out of control!

AristoCat, the Baroness never had a prayer of marrying Albert and making her daughter "legit". Albert was never divorced from Paola. His brother King Baudouin would not permit a divorce because since Baudouin and Fabiola had no children, Albert and his line were next in the Succession.

Last edited:
So Sybille was already married as well when she started her affaire with Albert? oh boy, their relationship didn't tear one family but two apart, both were selfish people who only thought about themselves.

Delphine might get legal recognition and of course will get a share of his state once Albert dies but she will never be his daughter, because he doesn't want to acknowledge her as such, if she was only after being a part of his family, she wouldn't have gone to these extremes, maybe she would have started reaching out to her siblings (if she has a relationship with Laurent that would have been a good starting point for example) and then slowly work her way into the family, maybe Albert would have been more open to work on a relationship with her that way.

You can't force someone to love you and accept you as a part of his family, on paper she will be a daughter of his, but on his heart and his mind, she will be nothing but a nuisance, someone who's trying to destroy his brother's and son's legacy and someone who's attacking the monarchy.

Albert has been a complete douche in this issue but it has been out of his own choice (first forced by Baudouin no doubt but then he chose to get back with Paola), Sybille was another willing participant who didn't think about the consequences of her acts and is now trying to get into the limelight.

Also, has Delphine seen how her legitimate siblings turned out? Phiilippe and Astrid were virtually raised by Baudouin and Fabiola, Laurent was just cast aside most of the time and Albert was always a terrible father, if you can call him that because a man who behaves like he did is hardly someone you want to have by your side. Both the King and his sister don't look close to their parents at ALL. Does she really want to have her own children close to a man that has been that horrible to her and her siblings?

I really really really don't think Delphine wants to play happy families now, I think she wants money and she wants revenge, Albert brought it on himself by making tons of mistakes when he was younger but it doesn't make her actions look any better, although this might prove that she is his child, both go for what they want, without thinking of consequences and without thinking about anyone else who might stand in the way.

There are many ways on which this issue could be worked but Albert refuses to budge and Delphine refuses to work on a low profile answer to this (I think Philippe would have agreed to work on this with them to avoid further scandal but both are very stubborn).

I wonder how Delphine's kids feel about this? would they like to be dragged around the media thanks to their mother's wishes? how about Philippe and Astrid's children?

Massive massive mess that started when two people decided to break their marital vows to pursuit the thrill of an adventure, something that snowballed out of control and keeps causing grief to all involved and many collateral damage to those who are close to either party but have nothing to do with the choices made.

it would be really lolworthy if at the end for some strange twist of fate Albert is not her father

I think there is a chance he is not her father because she does not have the "nose" which Philippe and Astrid have inherited from their father. Everyone says Delphine looks like Queen Astrid, but I think she looks like her own mother.

I am no expert, but I am 99.9% certain that Albert is her father after I saw a photo of Delphine next to Albert's mother. It's astonishing.

He must know he is her father as well, else he would have submitted to DNA tests that would quickly prove otherwise!

I, too, think he is her father. The sad part is that she is a person who has been publicly rejected by her own father. That is very sad. I like Albert, I thought he had more good stuff behind him. He can always say, it was a long time ago and I was unhappy, a fool a bunch of things, but she is my child. Put it to rest.

I, too, think he is her father. The sad part is that she is a person who has been publicly rejected by her own father. That is very sad. I like Albert, I thought he had more good stuff behind him. He can always say, it was a long time ago and I was unhappy, a fool a bunch of things, but she is my child. Put it to rest.

I agree with this, it will cost him nothing at this point (since Delphine being his daughter is virtually public knowledge) and can help his son's reign, Philippe shouldn't start with this hanging over him.

Sadly, I think Albert is too proud and too selfish to do that (his abdication came more on him wanting to throw the towel and less on him trusting his son if I'm to be honest).

Portions of the programme with Sybille de Sélys Longchamps:

Onze Dochter Heet Delphine | VIER

Rather sad situation for all of the "children" involved. The three adults are finally reaping what they sowed so long ago. It is not pretty.

Perfect response. He would emerge from this entire sordid mess with integrity and dignity if he said something like that!

She needs to quit now while she's ahead. If she had Albert for the first ten years of her life, that is more than Philippe and Astrid had during that time.

I agree with Lucien. Albert did admit in so many words, but since Delphine was born while her mother was legally married, Jacques Boel is recognized as her legal father, not her stepfather. I mistakenly wrote that earlier and was corrected by a person on another MB. Delphine is not nor was she ever illegitimate.
I find it sad that this woman has spent so many years stewing in bitterness and rancor and carrying on this campaign which is now more futile than ever since she can't quit the insults on the Royals. She will never get any money from Albert even IF the day would come that he is her father. The damage is done and Delphine created it. I still find the allegations she and her mother have made about Philippe and his children especially Emmanuel despicable. It shows how utterly immature, self-serving and stupid these women are.

What did Delphine say about Philippe's children?

In the Belgian Law each Citizen may have only one father and King Albert has not to recognize her.
The winners in this affaire are VIER and RTL .
The losers are these two Ladies who have to fight against the Belgian's best lawyers and are more and more unpopular because they need money.
They should move back again in the UK for ever.

Indeed Maria-Olivia!!Let them go back to the UK and try,what they've tryed before,....to land a guy with a considerable bank-account....yeah...do pigs fly...well,she does to prove it.....

And as to the question if Albert is solely responsible in case of...Nah...don't think so...there must have been at least two to me thinks...one able and willing...and one wanting it all knowing full well what she was into and the consequences....That's all there is to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find your logic old fashioned. He fathered her (as another poster pointed out: that is not denied by the lawyer). That he doesn't consider himself her father says more about him than anything else. It is a pity that a sympathetic man who has done an excellent job as a monarch is so foolish in dealing with this.

If he is her father -which very few people doubt- she is entitled to whatever the other 3 children will get from Albert. The time that kings and princes could just father children here and there without taking any responsibility is thankfully gone. Though in the old days kings would often take financial responsbility for their illegitemate offspring, which is not the case here. I assume it may be inconvenient for him to have a illegitemate daughter, esp. considering hs wife and his recent religious views, but he should have thought about that when he started his relationship (of 10-20 years!!!).

I have seen parts of the interview and it seems that most vitriol is directed to Paola, some for Albert and she is actually not nasty about the three children. I assume that they see Paola as one of the largest factors in Alberts position at the moment.

Like maria olivia says: Delphine will have to fight the best lawyers of the country, not an enviable job and not likely to succeed either. But I can not feel much sympathy for a man who denounces his own child, so I wish her all the best. And hopefully Albert and Paola will come to their senses, which is not a likely scenario. Perhaps the new king can intervene to limit further damage and should force his father to work this out.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say I'm oldfashioned,it's just I have an allergy to golddiggers,they give me a rash....regardless.:flowers:

Last edited:
Yes Marengo Queen Paola did have a great role in King Albert's position and decision; therefore Sybille's vitriol against her.
This evening we have it in french on RTL .

:previous:
Since Queen Paola was (and still is) his wife she finally had every right to go for her marriage (happy or not)
On what moral grounds Sybille thinks she has the right to be the judge and condemn her for that?

I don't blame Paola for "going for her marriage"....whatever that means. But Paola spent years engaging in extra-marital affairs of her own. So while she and her husband were making the decision to pursue relationships outside their marriage a child was conceived as a result.

Then, because Albert and Paola had an epiphany and decided to return to their marriage and honor the vows they made(a good decision btw) Paola decides with Albert's consent- to pretend that the human being he is responsible for fathering doesn't exist...against all evidence to the contrary??

This is selfish, stupid, even irrational. It seems to confirm rumors that I have read about this couple's(especially Paola's) self-absorbed, immature attitude in their early years but something I had expected them to have grown past...especially given their much touted religious re-awakening.

A cruel denial of one's own flesh and blood doesn't jibe with authentic spirituality, imo. Delphine and her mother are behaving despicably, but I place 90% of the blame on Albert and Paola. They are thinking of themselves as usual, and once again their children are paying for their mistakes just as they did when they were young.

It doesn't surprise me at all that Astrid and Philippe and Laurent are not close with them.

Last edited:
Paola fought for her marriage just like Princess Di did, but Paola won out in the end. It was her marriage, not Delphine's mother. Albert legally and in some ways, spiritually is bound to Paola, who is his wife and has first claim. Now, they did have their affairs, but in the end decided to end up coming back together for their kids, themselves, and the nation. It was something that wasn't just about them, but about the monarchy.

Now, Delphine's mother had no business messing around with a married man and married men in positions like Albert rarely leave their wives. Now Paola had affairs, yes, but she returned to her marriage as well. Both are selfish, but the people they had affairs with are no holy innocent saints. Baroness could have ended up avoiding this by being faithful to her husband. Perhaps this is all about sour grapes; Baroness thought perhaps she might have become the wife, but it didn't happen.

Maybe Albert is being a huge pig, but Baroness had better get her daughter to wise up and end up going on in life. This is turning from acknowledgement to something else entirely. If Albert wants to be a selfish jerk, let him answer to God for it. Baroness and Delphine have no business making Paola out to be some snake who had the nerve to want her husband to herself (and Albert required the same). I wonder, if this were the Diana/Charles/Camilla saga, would people judge Diana for wanting her marriage to survive?

If Albert wants to be a selfish jerk, let him answer to God for it.

For the sake of expediency, Delphine Boël would clearly rather get a ruling from an earthly arbiter first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom