The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Al bina , the situation is ugly since the beginning. The baby was announced and Baron Boel personal friend of Albert then Prince de Liege accepted to marry Baroness Sybille and gave his name to the Child to come. Baroness Sybille divorced of course and went to England and nobody knew that Delphine Boel was in fact Prince Albert's daughter.
If King Baudouin did not passed away so early , Prince Albert should have perhaps divorced Paola ?
and if if..
For the Belgian Law a Father or a Mother may not disinherited their Child.
Delphine went to Court for love or for money this is the question now.
Personally I don't think Delphine will have what she wanted but what a story and again this eternal question is Prince Laurent the King's Son ? To me yes .
But although I may not judge my King , He should have recognized Delphine as his natural Child from the beginning the story was known (1999 Prince Philippe's engagement).

Old 06-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

Have she requested for DNA test?

Old 06-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Hopefully everything will be settled with grave consequences for the Crown Princely family. What do you mean ? "Hopefully" ? Haven't you forgotten one word ?
Thanks for catching my mistake!
I have rectified the mistake and added out to the word "with".
Old 06-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

DNA all around will end the nasty speculation. It is a pity things in the past come back to haunt. Albert should be a man to say, yes, possibly. He and Paola have made a good marriage, subsequently and so who are we to judge. And poor Laurent. It is an ugly story, but not new.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlan View Post
Have she requested for DNA test?
Yes, Ms. Boel requested DNA test and Crown Prince Phillipe and Princess Astrid got their court summons. As far as I have understood, Ms. Boel can not summon King Albert to get a DNA sample.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

That won't matter, if she matches her siblings. If they are her siblings. It is cruel on both sides. A terrible time for the king a long time ago. A young woman who cannot claim her heritage. It is very sad.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be funny if the test was done (although how can you compel a person to prove they are a sibling) and it turned out Albert II was not her biological father. She would have lots of questions for mother dear then.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder if a person can be compelled to provide a DNA sample in a civil matter.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good question. In the U.S. in a paternity suit, I believe, and I could be wrong, they can demand it.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
As far as I have understood, he disinherited Delphine because of her continue claims to be the King's daughter. A sort of "if you think that you aren't my daughter, I won't treat you as my daughter and thus I won't leave you anything". Quite an understandable reaction, IMHO.
I agree with this.

Still, what a complete mess and Delphine's timing is very wrong. How long has DNA test been available? more than 10 years, right? so she could have done it at any time but chose to do it when she was left out of her legal father's will
Old 06-21-2013, 04:50 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Two new articles with extra information from hln.be:

1) RTBF discovered that foundation Deljim, of Delphine and her partner, has been accumulating debts over the last years and is almost bankrupt. The foundation took care of the sales of Delphine's artwork.

2) Dephine explained herself further and says that she and her familyare victims of discrimination. Bank accounts are suddenly stopped,and there are interferences with her artwork. She says that she has tried to normalize the relations with the king for years. She sent him letters trough religious and private contacts. She says that DNA proof will notput an end to her being discriminated against or improve her relations with the king. But it will give her assurance about her identity.

"Stichting van Delphine BoŽl is virtueel failliet" - HLN.be

Delphine BoŽl verklaart zich nader: "Er was discriminatie tegen mij en mijn familie" - HLN.be
Old 06-21-2013, 04:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Al bina , the situation is ugly since the beginning. The baby was announced and Baron Boel personal friend of Albert then Prince de Liege accepted to marry Baroness Sybille and gave his name to the Child to come. Baroness Sybille divorced of course and went to England and nobody knew that Delphine Boel was in fact Prince Albert's daughter.
If King Baudouin did not passed away so early , Prince Albert should have perhaps divorced Paola ?
and if if..
For the Belgian Law a Father or a Mother may not disinherited their Child.
Delphine went to Court for love or for money this is the question now.
Personally I don't think Delphine will have what she wanted but what a story and again this eternal question is Prince Laurent the King's Son ? To me yes .
But although I may not judge my King , He should have recognized Delphine as his natural Child from the beginning the story was known (1999 Prince Philippe's engagement).
Well Maria Olivia, Baroness Sybille married Jacques's BoŽl in 1962 and Delphine was born in 1968 so they were married 6 years prior to Delphine's birth.
And also many say she went to court for love, but what kind of love is she exactly expecting from her alleged family?
She may continue her friendship/ brother - sister relationship with Laurent and Claire , but nothing can come from the other members for sure.
I don't think you can find love by summoning people to court against their wishes and force them to accept something they have been denying for years.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well Princess Xenia , I was wrong and thanks for correcting . So both were unfaithful !

Every Day extra news , now Delphine's bankrupt . The situation is a gift for the anti-monarchists in Belgium
Old 06-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Courtier

Delphine's mother reacts: article
Old 06-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Gentry

While I think she has ulterior motives (only making a HUGE stink about it now when her money didn't come through) -- The King would do well to just own it just to make this go away. Having her constantly in the news is much more damaging to the monarchy than Albert admitting to it.

The resemblance between her and her (supposed) grandmother, Queen Astrid, is far too uncanny IMO for it to be just a coincidence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	706687-delphine-boel.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	289370   Click image for larger version

Name:	57.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	289371  
Old 06-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Does she expect some sort of title out of this? Or some standing? Is Albert supposed to sweep in, bring her to the palace, kick out Paola, and then end up making her titled and in the succession?

I read that Albert was there for her for the first ten years of her life, mainly with her, so he was neglecting his crown prince son and royal part of his entire family, the official family of the nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Xenia View Post
True. Jacques BoŽl is a rich man , but he decided to disinherit Delphine and no one can say he did something terribly wrong. While disinheriting in a child completely can't be done in Belgium! Delphine doesn't count herself as her legal father's fortune heiress.
I think the guy had the right to disown her; Delphine has made it clear that she wants Albert as a father, not the man who actually raised her. Delphine is actually disowning her own legal father who raised her, while going after the King. I think the stepfather has had to put up with a kind of slap in the face.

Quote:
It must be horrible to have a biological father that won't recognize you but yet she has/had a legal father and she humiliates him all the time.
Quote:
As far as I have understood, he disinherited Delphine because of her continue claims to be the King's daughter. A sort of "if you think that you aren't my daughter, I won't treat you as my daughter and thus I won't leave you anything". Quite an understandable reaction, IMHO.
I agree; the legal father raised her, provided for her, gave her love and attention and has been nothing but supportive until recently.

Why drag Philippe into this? Why drag Astrid in? Jealousy?
Old 06-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
... [snipped]

Why drag Philippe into this? Why drag Astrid in? Jealousy?
I am intrigued by this as well. What about Prince Laurent? Ms. Boel has some kind of relationship with him, and he might agree to give a DNA sample.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm, daddy has disinherited her because she does not consider him to be her father (seems fair), and her business is bankrupt so now she decides to go to court. Motivation seems pretty clear to me. I hope her case gets tossed out of court.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Thanks for catching my mistake!
I have rectified the mistake and added out to the word "with".
Oh yes, I forgot to add "LOL" to my mess ! Missing one word happens all the time and it is very funny !!! I had no doubt as to your real meaning !!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

What king of relationship can you get when you oblige someone to acknowledge you ? So it must be related to money....now the word "pride" comes in my mind, if you have nothing in life there is always pride to maintain. She's forgetting it.

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii