State Visit to Germany; 15-17 October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Sonja, wife of King Harald V of Norway, waves to spectators as she arrives for an award ceremony in Berlin October 16, 2007. Both attended the 'Willy Brandt Award 2007' ceremony for former Norwegian Foreign Minister Thorvald Stoltenberg and Egon Bahr, an adviser to Brandt during the Cold War, in the German capital. REUTERS/Tobias Schwarz (GERMANY) via yahoo news
Picture

Royal state visit to Germany - article

Was it a gift from Harald? I read it was but I am not sure..
Yes. It was a birthday gift by King Harald for Queen Sonja's 60th birthday.

Berlin's Lord Mayor Klaus Wowereit (2-R), his partner Joern Kubicki ®, King Harald V of Norway (2-L) and his wife Queen Sonja of Norway stand outside the so-called Red City Hall (Rotes Rathaus) ahead of the Willy Brandt Prize award ceremony, Berlin, Germany, 16 October 2007. The Norwegian King and Queen are on a three day state visit in Germany.

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
ANP

Picture Gallery of Day 1 from Aftenposten
State visit to Germany - Aftenposten.no

Edit:
Gala Pictures from Getty Images
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting :wub:
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting (very good close-up of the Tiara)

Getty Images

Last edited:
King Harald V of Norway (R) and his wife Queen Sonja of Norway attend the Willy Brandt Prize award ceremony at the Red City Hall (Rotes Rathaus) in Berlin, Germany, 16 October 2007

ANP Beeldbank

Queen Sonja and our Angela Merkel... i can´t belive it. What a rare picture.

Last edited:
King Harald V of Norway looks at a Norwegian salmon during his visit at the Deutsche See fish manufacturer 16 October 2007 in Berlin. King Harald V and Queen Sonja are on a three-day visit to Germany.
:D:D:D

Thanks for the pictures, kind of reminds me of when Haakon & MM were in E.Asia for an official visit & were looking at the salmon:)

IGerman Chancellor Angela Merkel welcomes Queen Sonja of Norway and King Harald V of Norway
isifa gallery

The Royal Couple arrived in Düsseldorf (capital of Northrhein Westphalia) today... too bad I just returned from University ;).

King Harald V of Norway and his wife Queen Sonja are pictured during their visit 17 October 2007 in Duesseldorf, western Germany

Royal Couple
WithJürgen Rüttgers
Harald and Sonja
ANP

Norwegian ice hockey pro Tore Vikingstad, playing in Dusseldorf present Queen Sonja of Norway with flowers in Düsseldorf .
ANP

Last edited:
Norway ex-minister Stoltenberg receives Willy Brand Prize

....Before the ceremony King Harald V and his wife, Queen Sonja, met German Chancellor Angela Merkel....
...The royal couple, who are on the second day of a three-day state visit, are accompanied by a political and military delegation...
Article

pose for media with King Harald V and Queen Sonja of Norway during their visit to Duesseldorf October 17, 2007 (reuters via yahoo news !)
Picture

Well, i am not too fond of that blue hat she had on the first day. It seems like she has gone full out star wars/ police academy this time. Sigh

Well, i am not too fond of that blue hat she had on the first day. It seems like she has gone full out star wars/ police academy this time. Sigh
Sonja's famous "Ufo"-style. ;)

Sonja in Essen:
Sonja visits an exhibition called "Not only salmon and sausage. 100 years of German-Norwegian relationship" at a design center in the Zeche Zollverein in Essen, western Germany, 17 October 2007. King Harald V and Queen Sonja are on a three-day visit to Germany. Poster at ® reads "Norway, homeland of wintersports".
ANP

King Harald V and Queen Sonja of Norway gesture as they speak during their news conference in Duesseldorf October 17, 2007 REUTERS/Achim Scheidemann/Pool (GERMANY) via yahoo news

The couple look like wax statue's
Picture

Queen Sonja of Norway visits an exhibition about German/Norwegian design at the World Heritage site coal-mine Zollverein in Essen October 17, 2007 reuters via yahoo
Picture 1
Picture 2

Here is a small picture gallery from isifa & i must say that the fourth (last) picture is quite cute but yet makes me smile.
Ive tried to look for a few article in english about the visit but didnt find any except the ones ive posted earlier. I hope we'd get what was said at the press conference.

Last edited:
Sonja attended the [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2] DZ Bank the last day. She wore a bright red suit:
Lånte Merkels privat-jet
(The article is about the fact that Sonja and Harald used Merkel's private jet to get to Düsseldorf)
[/SIZE][/FONT]

It was a little bit sad. German (lokal) newspapers wrote, that there was nobody waving to King Harald and Queen Sonja...
Just because of the fact, that they are not so popular in Germany...
It's a shame... Maybe the German journalists should just research a bit better. If they had a closer look they would have realized that it was nearly not possible for the people to get close to the Royal Couple.
I saw pictures on TV that showed the very high security standards.
Harald and Sonja had no chance to get close to the people.. you may notice this when you have a second look at all the pictures in this thread... ;)
The only contact to the people has been the meeting with the kids after they arrived in Berlin...
Have a look at the Brandeburg Gate pictures: the people had to stay 500 meters away ... like during the rest of the Visit...
So, how should the photographers get pictures of the people waving to the couple? ;)
Tzztzzz
Well, apart from this it's true... Harald and Sonja really don't belong to the best-known monarchs in Germany.

Last edited:
It's a shame... Maybe the German journalists should just research a bit better. If they had a closer look they would have realized that it was nearly not possible for the people to get close to the Royal Couple.
I saw pictures on TV that showed the very high security standards.
Harald and Sonja had no chance to get close to the people.. you may notice this when you have a second look at all the pictures in this thread... ;)
The only contact to the people has been the meeting with the kids after they arrived in Berlin...
Have a look at the Brandeburg Gate pictures: the people had to stay 500 meters away ... like during the rest of the Visit...
So, how should the photographers get pictures of the people waving to the couple? ;)
Tzztzzz
Well, apart from this it's true... Harald and Sonja really don't belong to the best-known monarchs in Germany.

Wait a minute...
It is so.....

The royals of Spain, UK, Netherlands are very popular.
Sweden too, because Queen Silvia is from Heidelberg.

Norway: Only Haakon and Mette-Marit are popular because of the wedding and the rumors about Mette-Marit.

Be happy with that, here nobody knows about Luxembourg or Belgium.

Wait a minute...

Norway: Only Haakon and Mette-Marit are popular because of the wedding and the rumors about Mette-Marit.
Yes of course, I know. ;)
Harald and Sonja are just too boring for the German press: no scandals , no interesting stories.
(Notice: since the Angel School-Story Märtha Louise is in TV every week :D).

But, it is also fact, that the people were "kept away" from the places H & S visited . ... as I explained before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom