State Visit To Brazil - October 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
http://www.vg.no

Storslagen mottakelse for kongeparet

Kong Harald og dronning Sonja fikk en storslagen mottakelse da de ble tatt imot av president Lula i Brasil tirsdag formiddag.

Kontrastene var store da soldater iført "gullhjelmer"med lange hestehaler, fjærdusker og fargerike uniformer fra keisertidens Brasil dannet æresgarde for kongeparet utenfor det ultramoderne presidentpalasset i hovedstaden Brasilia.

En ryttertropp holdt etter mottakelsen oppvisning på sine praktfulle hester. Her holdes gamle, pompøse tradisjoner i hevd i nye, moderne omgivelser.

President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva - populært bare kalt president Lula - og hans frue, Marisa Leticia, tok imot kongeparet foran presidentpalasset. Kongen inspiserte æresgarden, det ble saluttert og spilt nasjonalsanger.

Kongen var iført dress ved ankomsten mens dronningen kanskje hadde latt seg inspirere av det brasilianske flagget med sin lindegrønne silkedrakt med et islett av gult i hattepynten.

Ikke engelsk

Verken president Lula eller hans kone snakker engelsk, så samtalene med kongeparet må gå via tolk, noe ingen av parene så ut til å ha problemer med ved det første møtet.

Lula representerer Partido dos Trabalhadores (PT) som betyr arbeidernes parti. Han har sin bakgrunn fra fattige arbeiderkår og har jobbet seg opp i politikken gjennom fagforeningsarbeid. Tre ganger stilte han som presidentkandidat før han ble valgt på fjerde forsøk i fjor. 1. januar i år overtok han som Brasils president.

Kort avstand

Etter mottakelsen i presidentpalasset besøkte de to statsoverhodene Kongressen og Høyesterett.

De tre statsmakters plass er plassert med kort avstand fra hverandre, og utgjør byens politiske sentrum. Presidentpalasset - Palacio Planalto - med sine spesielle søyleganger og marmorramper, er et svært unikt byggverk - sterkt preget av arkitekturen fra etterkrigstidens Øst-Europa.

Utenfor vaier landets største flagg på 200 kvadratmeter.

Onsdag reiser kongeparet videre til São Paulo, der programmet spesielt fokuserer på norsk næringsliv i Brasil.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 305
www.aftenposten.no

Business follows royals to Brazil

King Harald and Queen Sonja are in Brazil for an official state visit this week, and tagging along are representatives from a host of Norwegian companies. They're hoping the royals will open doors to new business opportunities in the country.

Norwegian trade with Brazil already involves much more than dried cod fish and coffee. From high technology to offshore equipment and metals, Brazil is an important export market for Norway.

Last year Norway exported goods and services valued at nearly NOK 1.8 billion. Norway, meanwhile, imported such products as coffee, fruit and other products worth NOK 1.65 billion.

Brazil's president, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, appears keen to build up partnerships with foreign firms that can strengthen local competence. Brazil also encourages foreign investment.

Arild Blixrud of the Norwegian Export Council hopes meetings between Norwegian and Brazilian officials this week can develop cooperation especially with oil and gas technology, fish farming, trade of fish and agricultural products, maritime services, communications and environmental technology and tourism.

Among firms going along on the royal tour are Norsk Hydro, Statoil, Nera, Q-Free, Kongsberg Gruppen and Tandberg.

The king and queen will visit Brasilia, Sao Paolo and Rio de Janeiro during their four-day state visit. They arrived over the weekend and immediately visited the king's sister, Princess Ragnhild, who's married to Rio-based Norwegian businessman Erling Lorentzen. Their official program was to start Tuesday.

1) King Harald V and the Queen Sonja of Norway, receive flowers during their arrival at a hotel in Brasilia, Brazil, on Monday, Oct. 6, 2003. The King and the Queen of the Norway begin a five-day visit to Brazil.(AP Photo/Iano Andrade).

2) The King Harald V and the Queen Sonja of Norway (center), arrive in hotel of Brasilia, Brazil, on Monday, Oct. 6, 2003. The King and the Queen of the Norway begin a five-day visit to Brazil.(AP Photo/Iano Andrade).

3) Norwegian King Harald V reviews an honor guard during a welcoming ceremony outside of the Planalto Palace government house in Brasilia, October 7, 2003. King Harald is in Brazil for seven-day state visit. REUTERS/Jamil Bittar

4) Norwegian King Harald V reviews an honor guard during a welcoming ceremony outside of the Planalto Palace government house in Brasilia, October 7, 2003. King Harald is in Brazil for seven-day state visit. REUTERS/Jamil Bittar

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 235
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 360
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 306
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 309
Last edited by a moderator:
NRK
Kongelig samba

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 273
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 497
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 397
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 380
Color Press - King Harald and Queen Sonja on a 4 day statevisit in Brazil - here together with brazilian president Lula da Silva and wife Marisa.

Attachments

• brazil_1.jpg
    brazil_1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 332
  • brazil_2.jpg
    brazil_2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 306
  • brazil_3.jpg
    brazil_3.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 303
  • brazil_4.jpg
    brazil_4.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 284
  • brazil_5.jpg
    brazil_5.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 271
  • brazil_6.jpg
    brazil_6.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 313
  • brazil_7.jpg
    brazil_7.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 309
  • brazil_7a.jpg
    brazil_7a.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 341
  • brazil_7b.jpg
    brazil_7b.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 287
  • brazil_8.jpg
    brazil_8.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 283
1 to 3) Color Press - King Harald and Queen Sonja on a 4 day statevisit in Brazil - here together with brazilian president Lula da Silva and wife Marisa.
4) www.afterposten.no - Brazil's President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva and his wife Marisa Leticia welcomed Norway's king and queen as they began their six-day visit.

Attachments

• brazil_9.jpg
    brazil_9.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 291
  • harld_brazil.jpg
    harld_brazil.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 282
  • harald_brazil.jpg
    harald_brazil.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 291
  • NY_harald_sonja_504j.jpg
    NY_harald_sonja_504j.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 315
Queen Sonja had a nice outfit with that striking hat! What would have been the reaction of the King and Queen while seeing those girls??? :(

I like Queen Sonja's sense of style especially when a dress is added with a pair of shades!

The look on Queen Sonja face is priceless! :lol: I have to admit that I laughed my butt off when I first saw the pictures, Thank you Josefine for posting them :flower: . Alexandria, thank you too, for posting lovely pictures of the King and Queen.

paulette  Posted: Oct 12th, 2003 - 1:45 am

What would have been the reaction of the King and Queen while seeing those girls???
All in a day's work, I would imagine. Besides, this hasn't been their first visit to Brazil, which is famous for these outfits. How does it compare to eating revolting food of the host country like sheep's eyes or worse? :innocent:

The king doesn't look to bothered by the view.:D

Back
Top Bottom