The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway > King Harald and Queen Sonja

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-16-2015, 08:11 PM
Royal Highness

King Harald V’s 25th Anniversary/Silver Jubilee: January 2016/June 2016

Article from October:
Gir arrangementer i gave til kongeparet - Aftenposten

Translated by me:
Quote:
Celebrations in Oslo during the day and a gala performance in the University Aula in the evening.

January 17 next year, it is 25 years since Harald and Sonja became Norway's King and Queen. On the occasion of the anniversary the government has planned an event in the Oslo city center during the day and a gala performance in the University Aula in the evening as a gift to the royal couple. Prime Minister Erna Solberg believes they will like it.

The large outdoor event in the Oslo city center is open to all. There will be both activities and entertainment for the whole family.

A point with the gift is that it symbolizes their life as King and Queen and the way they have united the people together with the royal family, says Prime Minister Solberg.

All the details are not yet clear, but due to lack of space there will be only invited guests at the gala performance, including representatives from both the government and parliament. The event is in collaboration with NRK, and will be aired on NRK the same evening.

I hope they are happy with the gift, and think that it is in line with their work as King and Queen, the Prime Minister said.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:25 AM
Heir Apparent

And as we saw in the official agenda will be there and Swedish kings. I beleive and Danish will be there.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
And as we saw in the official agenda will be there and Swedish kings. I beleive and Danish will be there.
Carl Gustaf and Silvia will be there, and I believe (as you do) that Margrethe and maybe Henrik will be there too.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:00 PM
Royal Highness

The Kings of Spain will also be there?
Old 12-17-2015, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

That won't be known until the Spanish Court updates events for January 2016,they normally update it every Friday.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Danish royal calendar is only updated approximately two-three weeks ahead, so Danish attendance hasn't been announced yet but I'm certain that QMII and Henrik – and perhaps even Frederik and Mary – will be there.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:38 PM
Royal Highness

Konge og dronning i 25 år (1:7) - Programomtaler

Translated by me:
Quote:
King and Queen for 25 years (1: 7)

NRK1 Wednesday December 30 at 19:45.

We celebrate the royal couple's regent anniversary with a new series that is composed of a varied and rich archival material. The King and Queen have lent the NRK private films and pictures that has never been shown publicly before. The series also includes new interviews with King Harald and Queen Sonja.

January 17, 2016, it is 25 years since King Olav died and Crown Prince Harald took the throne.

NRK tells the story through flashbacks from NRK's abundant archives combined with new interviews and private film and image material on loan from the Royal Palace. Among other things, Queen Sonja contributes with recordings from her childhood, childhood home and cottage in Tjøme. Her parents are also in the footage.

Through seven episodes, we get a picture of how the royal couple have worked. At the same time the series show how the society has changed during these 25 years.

In addition to new interviews with King Harald and Queen Sonja and and the rest of the royal family, the series also contains interviews with prime ministers. All prime ministers that Norway has had since 1991 contributes, as do both supporters and opponents of the monarchy. We hear what people think about our King and Queen.

The series is divided thematically and covers both good and less good days for the royal couple. Among the difficult issues is what happened when King Harald interfered in the constitutional amendment on the church and the criticism Queen Sonja received when she exhibited her own photos. Princess Märtha Louise's sponsored horse in the 1990s was also a difficult matter.

First episode

It was love at first sight when Crown Prince Harald and Ms. Sonja Haraldsen met each other in 1959. But they had to fight against the king and government for nine years before they got married.

The story we are told in the first program is essential to understand the choices the royal couple later have made.

In this episode we will see images that are not shown before, from the time they were a "secret" couple in the 1960s.

Responsible for the series is Kirsti Marie Skrede (NRK's royal correspondent/reporter).
King Harald and Queen Sonja being interviewed at what I think is Bygdø Kongsgård for the series.
http://gfx.nrk.no//Ds137-1uV0jFbgeSB...mP81lEUs0d8JYQ

King Harald is a kind, caring and funny man who has been and still is an amazing King who almost everyone here in Norway like and respects. I like Queen Sonja too, and she did not deserve the criticism she received throughout the 1990s.

I am also sure that Haakon and Mette-Marit (which I really like, but who has made some mistakes) will do a great job as King and Queen when the time comes.

I'm really looking forward to both the celebrations and documentaries.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I guess we also see Princess Mabel of Oranje-Nassau, as her late husband was a godson of King Harald.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Program of the celebrations:

kongehuset.no - Kongepar i 25 år: Program for pressen

Quote:
Royal couple for 25 years: Program for the press
Sunday 17 January 2016 should be marked that it is 25 years since Crown Prince Harald and Crown Princess Sonja became Norway's royal couple.
The day will be marked by, among other concerts on University Square, winter activities at Palace Square, and one gala performance in the University Aula.

Highlights on the anniversary celebrations will be Jubilee journey which will take place with Kongeskipet along the Norwegian coast from 17th - 28th of June, with a church service in the cathedral, on the day 25 years after the consecration.

Program for celebration 15 - 17 January
Winter Festival
King and Queen took contact with NIF to hear if they had wanted to help arrange a ski event for children at the Palace Square on the occasion of the anniversary on 17 January. Confederation thought this was a good idea and came back with a proposal for a large winter sports event for children at the Palace Square.

Government works closely with the sport about the event at the Palace Square, so this will be coordinated with the arrangements contained in the Government's gift to the royal couple, outdoor events at University Square and gala performance in the University Aula. For more detailed information about the activities at the Palace Square, see Regjeringen.no or Facebook / royal couple for 25 years (chained up right).

Events on Palace Square and University Square, is free and open to everyone, and will be specially adapted for children and adolescents. The inaugural performance in the University Hall is displayed directly on the big screen at University Square, and will also be shown on NRK the same evening.

15. January 2016
kl. 11:00 to 12:50 deputation at the Palace - Their Majesties King and Queen (photo pool)

Parliament v / President of the Storting
Government v / Prime Minister
Supreme Court
Sami Parliament
The county governors
The diplomatic corps
Armed Forces
The Norwegian Church
The Council for Religious and philosophical)
The municipal sector's organization
Oslo council
Kl. 13.00 to 15.00 Greeting Protocol in Main Port is open to all

16. January 2016
There will be a private dinner on Skaugum for family and foreign guests. HM Queen Margrethe and Majesties King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia participate.

17. January 2016
Kl. 11:00 to 11:45 Liturgy in the Palace Chapel - Royal House with family and foreign guests

Kl. 12.45 to 13.35 Royal Family comes out on Palace Square to see the Winterfest on Palace Square

Kl. 13.00 Fireworks

Kl. 14.00 to 15.15 Private lunch at the Royal Palace for family and foreign guests

Kl. 15.40 Royal Family goes from castle to Aula. Foto points along the route

16.00 to 17.30 Gala performance in University Hall. Photo Pool

Private dinner at Castle

For accreditation, see Regjeringen.no
Old 12-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

thank you. Looking forward to it.

So the 16 and 17 we should expect the foreign royals
"HM Queen Margrethe and Majesties King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia participate."
No Henrik?
Old 12-19-2015, 04:26 PM
Royal Highness

KING HARALD V 25th ANNIVERSARY | Selda Göktaş
Old 12-24-2015, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post

"HM Queen Margrethe and Majesties King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia participate."
No Henrik?
They put it on the agenda. On 16 only the Queen but 17 will be and the Prince Henrik.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:

No Henrik?
now we know why!
Old 01-01-2016, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
They put it on the agenda. On 16 only the Queen but 17 will be and the Prince Henrik.
Yes now they have included both the Queen and Henrik will be attending the 17th
The Queen by herself on the 16th
H.M. Dronningen deltager i fejring af Norges kongepar | Kongehuset - Forside
Old 01-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Have any other royals confirmed that they will be attending?
Old 01-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yes now they have included both the Queen and Henrik will be attending the 17th
The Queen by herself on the 16th
I think you and eya have misunderstood. It says that Margrethe attends the 16th, but it says nothing about the 17th or Henrik.

Translated by me

H. M. The Queen participates January 16, 2016 in celebration of TM King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway's 25th Jubilee.

The royal couple will on January 17, 2016 celebrate 25 years as Norway's King and Queen. The anniversary will be marked by a series of events on 15-17th January 2016.

On January 16 H. M. The Queen participates in a private dinner for family and foreign guests on Skaugum. Skaugum is T.R.H. Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway's residence located in Asker west of Oslo.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Moderator Emeritus

To mark the King's and Queen's silver jubilee NRK is publishing new interviews with the King and Queen. Part 1 was about the pre-wedding time. It features new video material of then Sonja Haraldsen and also new private photos of the young couple:

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/konge-og-dro...ng-1/episode-1

Article with photos: Kongeparets kamp for kjærligheten - Norge

Old 01-04-2016, 11:01 AM
Royal Highness

It is already known to the Kings of Spain will the celebrations of the 25th anniversary of the reign of King Harald V of Norway?
Old 01-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

As per the program quoted by Marika in her post above, it is only the Skandinavian mornarchs who take part. That would also be consistent with the way the Queen of Denmark celebrated her ruby jubilee. She too only invited the Skandinavian Royals.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

"On the occasion of that Their Majesties King Harald and Queen Sonja on 17 January 2016 has been Norway's royal couple for 25 years, it developed its own anniversary monogram. It is released free of charge for editorial use in the anniversary year 2016. When in use, the monogram as far as possible be placed centered, and so that no other items are higher than the crown."

The Royal House of Norway - Jubileumsmonogram

Tags
crown prince haakon, crown princess mette-marit, haakon, haakon magnus, harald, harald v, ingrid alexandra, jubilee, jubilee celebration, king harald, mette-marit, oslo, prince sverre, prince sverre magnus, princess ingrid alexandra, queen sonja, sonja, sverre magnus