King Harald V’s 25th Anniversary/Silver Jubilee: January 2016/June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you to everyone who provided us with links of today's events. It was nice to see all the family there celebrating King Harald's jubilee - Queen Sonja looks great! I haven't seen her for a while as I haven't been following Sonja and Harald's current events lately, so it's good to see her again. It was also lovely to see all the children in their national costumes, they all looked very sweet. Marius looks so tall, and also rather handsome! Maud Angelica also looks quite grown up, too.

Thank you to everyone who provided us with links of today's events. It was nice to see all the family there celebrating King Harald's jubilee - Queen Sonja looks great! I haven't seen her for a while as I haven't been following Sonja and Harald's current events lately, so it's good to see her again. It was also lovely to see all the children in their national costumes, they all looked very sweet. Marius looks so tall, and also rather handsome! Maud Angelica also looks quite grown up, too.
Nice to see that some here care about the King and Queen, because they are both amazing people. And I've been very surprised by that nobody seems to care about Norway's beloved King and his Jubilee.

Last edited:
Nice to see that some here care about the King and Queen, because they are both amazing people. And I've been very surprised by that nobody seems to care about Norway's beloved King and his Jubilee.

What do you mean by "nobody"? I think the crowds turning up were quite large for a small country like Norway, with live coverages of the norwegian TV all day long!
I loved the service at the cathedral, especially the reading of "King and Queen for 25 years", although I didn´t understand everything. It´s been very touching to see how moved the Royal Couple was by it!
HM The Queen really does look great! She´s so young being almost 80! I know many 65 years old women looking older than she does!

I really do love the royal family with the exception of, sorry, the Behn girls. Their behaviour and appearances are often more than... well,odd...
Emma Talulah mocking into the camera (performing a Victory-sign with her fingers and cheeky face during the service). And, of course, no corrections what so ever from mum and dad...:whistling:
And why do girls of 13 years old and younger (Leah Isadorah) have to wear heeled shoes?!

Last edited:
What do you mean by "nobody"? I think the crowds turning up were quite large for a small country like Norway, with live coverages of the norwegian TV all day long!
I loved the service at the cathedral, especially the reading of "King and Queen for 25 years", although I didn´t understand everything. It´s been very touching to see how moved the Royal Couple was by it!
HM The Queen really does look great! She´s so young being almost 80! I know many 65 years old women looking older than she does!

I really do love the royal family with the exception of, sorry, the Behn girls. Their behaviour and appearances are often more than... well,odd...
Emma Talulah mocking into the camera (performing a Victory-sign with her fingers and cheeky face during the service). And, of course, no corrections what so ever from mum and dad...:whistling:
And why do girls of 13 years old and younger (Leah Isadorah) have to wear heeled shoes?!
I meant that nobody here on the forums seems to care.

Here in Norway, it seems that ewerybody care about their beloved King and Queen, and 50 000 were out in the cold in january to cheer them.

I and my father was in Trondheim today and we were moved to thears.

:previous: Thanks again iceflower, I think it's nice that the NRF all have floral crowns on the balcony since it has been the midsummer celebrations in Northern Europe for the past few days. Ingrid Alexandra's white dress is so beautiful!

I think the "migration" of previous frequent posters to the forum as well as in this case, the Norwegian sub forums, are a factor to its slowness. Some people also prefer to read the threads here rather than participate in the discussions, so there could be some 'care' for the NRF through these members. I admit that I don't follow the NRF as regularly as I do the British RF or the Swedish RF, however I do often visit the Norwegian threads and participate in the discussions and updates here.

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing these updates, iceflower. :flowers:
Sonja can even make a yellow rain hat seem stylish, haha. I've often thought that she is elegant. I love this photo of Haakon and Mette-Marit, it feels rather warm. this photo is great too of the four of them.
Forgive me if this seems like an obvious question, but how long are the celebrations running for?

Last edited:
If not mistaken, Wednesday was the end of their tour.

Thanks for all the pictures. Some really nice pictures and a nice warm connection between the members. These tours are always enjoyable to follow.

If not mistaken, Wednesday was the end of their tour.

Thanks for all the pictures. Some really nice pictures and a nice warm connection between the members. These tours are always enjoyable to follow.

Yes, this was the end of both their tour and the celebrations. This has been a wonderful Jubilee for their Majesties, and as they both have said in speeches, they've really appreciated it. And now there are already talk here about their 80th birthdays next year.

I will translate more articles in the coming days.

Last edited:
Wow, thank you to all those who answered my question and added some more information regarding it. That was much appreciated. :) I didn't realise that the celebrations were lasting for this long.

This is what moved the King and Queen to tears in Nidaros cathedral on June 23 - this is not the entire article, because I've already posted and translated some of it in other articles:
https://www.nrk.no/trondelag/kongeparet-rort-til-tarer-1.13011514
The King and Queen moved to tears

13 year old Teodor and actress Wenche Strømdahl touched the royal family when they performed a very personal text.

There were a number of prominent guests present during the service. King Harald and Queen Sonja had to wipe tears several times during today's anniversary church service in the cathedral.

''It is a deeply serious legacy to be king of a country, where people are precious treasures. Then it is good that our king also inherited laughter'', said Theodore Merakerås Rasmussen.

Very relieved

He was proud and relieved after completing the text written by Eyvind and Sindre Skeie.

''I think it went very well. Both I and Wenche managed to read exactly as we had planned. We were delighted when the King and Queen shed a tear along the way'', says Rasmussen.

Now waits a more normal life for a 13 year old.

''Now we are going to take vacation, states both Rasmussen and Strømdahl.

Read more: The Royal House of Norway - Revisiting the consecration ceremony
“Trondheim is a special place for us,” said His Majesty The King upon arrival there on the silver jubilee tour. It was in Trondheim that the consecration ceremony for Their Majesties was held 25 years ago.

Can someone tell me where to find the marvellous text "Konge og Dronning i 25 ar" by Eivind and Sindre Skeie read by adult norwegian actress Wenche Strömdahl and young Teodor Merakeras Rasmussen at the jubilee service at the Nidaros Cathedral june 23rd, if possible in english as my norwegian is pretty bad?!

http://www.side2.no/aktuelt/13-aring-rrte-kongeparet-til-tarer/3423237843.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom