The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway > King Harald and Queen Sonja

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Why 2 empty seats on the first row nest to the Queen of Denmark and the Monarchs of Sweden .
I think the first bench, the most prominent one, was for the monarchs, a par with King Harald and his family. That is all. Would there have been more monarchs, we would have seen a fuller bench, I guess.

Old 01-17-2016, 01:26 PM
Royal Highness

Slik hylles kongeparet av det norske folk - TV2.no
Quote:
The King and Queen is hailed by the Norwegian people.

It's good to be able to say that we have the finest royal family!

There are big greeting protocols are at the castle, and additionally it flows with congratulations to the papers and the monarchy online greeting protocol.

Many people have a desire to congratulate King Harald (78) and Queen Sonja (78).

Some of the messages:

''I am moved to tears of pride when I see our King and Queen.''

''We in Norway could not have a finer King and Queen than you! We are proud of you and appreciate the work you do at home and abroad! For some ambassadors you are. In addition, you are warm, inclusive and you see us, and it means so much to us here in Norway. Thank you for an impressive job so far and good luck! It's good to be able to say that we have the finest royal family!''
This is just some of the thousands of messages and everyone (young/old/royalists/republicans) says the King is the best head of state in the world, and I agree with them, he is amazing. And he is by far the most popular head of state in the world in his own country - His approval ratings is at 90 to 93%. Everyone loves him, even republicans.

He has fought for the weak in society and here are some examples:

He fights for children/adults who is being bullied at school/work.
He fights for children/adults who experience abuse/violence.
He fights for drug addicts and many others.
He's speaking about them in his New Year's Speeches, in interviews and receives them at the palace.

The celebrations today:
As I said in my former post, we norwegians are not known for showing up at this kind of gatherings when it's so cold, but this day have been remarkable. It was amazing to see so many people when the King and Queen and other members of the royal family walked from the palace to the university hall for one and a half hours ago.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
umm no?

If you go to the royal website you'll see that there are far more photos of MM than of any of the other royals. They didn't sell the photos to news orgs to release. They released them on their own website.
Sorry, I thought you meant that the press chose to print more of MM than of the others. But you are saying that the NRF chose to include more photos of MM than of anyone else? Regardless of their reasoning, the photos are lovely!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-17-2016, 04:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post

And he is by far the most popular head of state in the world in his own country - His approval ratings is at 90 to 93%. Everyone loves him, even republicans.
Erm, not quite. During big national royal celebrations like this, the monarch's personal popularity is always sky-high. During her Diamond Jubilee, QEII got a job approval rating of 90% also:

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchp...cord-high.aspx
Old 01-17-2016, 04:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Gallery from Robin Utrecht
King Harald celebrates 25th reigning jubilee - Images _ Robin Utrecht _ Photoshelter
Old 01-17-2016, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

https://41.media.tumblr.com/b8245da1...zbreo4_500.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/f2264cc7a...zbreo3_500.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/90f278faa...zbreo1_500.jpg

Official photos from tonight gala.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I see Silvia recycled her odd table cloth at the waist dress from the Nobels. I like the pics of the three monarchs, and the one with the spouses. Wish bigger one of the group, hard to see detail.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

CP Haakon and Ingrid Alexandra read a poem during the gala in the University hall.
It's a beautiful video, everybody is quite moved (especially Märtha Louise).
VGTV

Wonderful photos from the celebrations VG Foto
Old 01-17-2016, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

Would have been nice to see more of royal Europe in attendance. That photo of the 3 sovereigns looks a little forlorn :(

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-17-2016, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to King Harald upon his enthronement anniversary.

Thank you to those who shared the photos of the celebrations today. It was nice to see the other Scandinavian monarchs too - I think Margrethe was the best dressed out of all of them, though.

I found it interesting how Marius is wearing what appears to be a royal order here, considering that, although he has been welcomed into the NRF, he isn't royal. What are the requirements that someone has to have to receive this particular order/medal?

I think this is a beautiful photo of Ingrid Alexandra!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-17-2016, 07:28 PM
Gentry

It's not an order. It's the commemorative medal of Harald's Silver Jubilee.
Since everyone but the King is wearing it I would say the only requirement needed is to be attending the celebrations.
Usually they give them out for coronations, jubilees, birthdays, maybe even some weddings and christenings. According to Wikipedia, Queen Margrethe even has one for "the 50-year anniversary of Her Majesty Queen Ingrid's arrival in Denmark"!
Old 01-17-2016, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the correction and additional information. That makes sense now.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-17-2016, 08:34 PM
Serene Highness

Lovely photos from these days. Harald and Sonja is really close to their people. Love it !

It would have been lovely if the british, spanish and benelux royals had been present too but the scandinavians are usually celebrating with each other during anniversaries so i am not surprised.

What did surprise me was that the finnish and icelandic presidential couples were absent. They are usually invited to Sweden and Denmark when there is something.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:42 PM
Royal Highness

Videos from the Celebrations today from NRK (the public broadcaster):

The service in the Royal Chapel
https://tv.nrk.no/serie/kongepar-i-2...316/17-01-2016

The celebrations - part 1
https://tv.nrk.no/serie/kongepar-i-2...416/17-01-2016

The celebrations - part 2
See from 1:24
https://tv.nrk.no/serie/kongepar-i-2...616/17-01-2016

The gala in the University hall
https://tv.nrk.no/serie/kongepar-i-2...016/17-01-2016

Tv 2 had the best coverage, but you can't see it online without a subscription.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Erm, not quite. During big national royal celebrations like this, the monarch's personal popularity is always sky-high. During her Diamond Jubilee, QEII got a job approval rating of 90% also:

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchp...cord-high.aspx
You're right, this was in june 2012, and I've posted that link several times in the British forum. She also got an approval rating of 90% in november 2012.

King Harald's approval rating is at 90 to 93%, and have been for many years. Both in 2012 and 2013 and the last poll was done early last year, so this has nothing to do with Jubilee. He also got (according to a norwegian journalist) an approval rating of 95% in the summer last year, but I haven't seen this poll.

We must also remember that the British media is much tougher/critical/biased than what the Norwegian press is, and I don't think we can compare Queen Elizabeth II (who I consider to be my monarch too, since my mother is british and live in the UK with her husband and my two half-brothers) with King Harald, because they are very different.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf held a speech at the dinner on Sunday. He said among other things "King Olav was my godfather and a cherished role model for me. I highly value my godson, Crown Prince Haakon, who in turn is godfather to our first grandchild Estelle. And I know that Crown Princess Victoria loves warmly her godfather, King Harald".
Kungaparet firade Kung Harald V –*25 år på tronen - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

King Carl Gustaf's speech at the dinner on Sunday:
H.M. Konungens tal vid middag för Kung Harald 25-års jubileum, söndagen*den 17 januari 2016. - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 01-18-2016, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

A 90% approval must not be taken au sérieux. The only ones who reach such milestones are Kim Il-Jung and that sort of despots. That there is a wide-felt feeling of satisfaction with the King seem obvious, but an extrapolation of a small group over the entire population and all layers of society is tricky and the grotesque and unsubstantiated extrapolated number should be handled with care, as anyone with maths and statistic calculations will understand.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Splendid jubilee celebration

The Royal House of Norway - Splendid jubilee celebration
Old 01-18-2016, 03:51 PM
Nobility

The Chinese news agency has large versions of two of the group photos from Sunday's gala:

????????? ?????????25?????? -????-???
????????? ?????????25?????? -????-???
Old 01-18-2016, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

photos from the DRF website
Fejring af Norges Kongepar | Kongehuset - Forside

Love the one of the three monarchs.

the snow event was nice to see.and nice tie in to the next youth Olympics
Nice to see MM back in action skiing
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...3051869421.jpg

small gif of Sverre Magnus yawning, perhalps a bit too early for his liking
https://49.media.tumblr.com/63809ba3...3d33o4_250.gif
Old 01-19-2016, 04:55 PM
Serene Highness

CP METTE-MARIT 2016 | Selda Göktaş

And a great gallery (158 photos!) from pure people:

http://www.purepeople.com/article/fa...095/1#m2046714

Tags
crown prince haakon, crown princess mette-marit, haakon, haakon magnus, harald, harald v, ingrid alexandra, jubilee, jubilee celebration, king harald, mette-marit, oslo, prince sverre, prince sverre magnus, princess ingrid alexandra, queen sonja, sonja, sverre magnus