The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-25-2003, 05:56 PM
Courtier

King Harald diagnosed with Cancer '03

King Harald V has been hospitalized due to hematuria (blood in the urine) according to the official press release by the palace. He has taken sick leave for the week and Crown Prince Haakon has been sworn in as regent.

Old 11-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Crown Prince Haakon has been sworn in as regent.
That happened when he turned 18 - not necessary to do it more times as Crown Prince :) Since then Haakon has often acted as regent.

Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Princess Märtha Louise was with the King at the hospital 19.30 - 21.00 this evening.

Front page of VG has a photo
Besøkte kong Harald
http://www.vg.no/

This article has some more :
Familien besøkte sykmeldt kong Harald
av LIV BENTE TIEDEMANN, HÅVAR BREMER, ELLEN LIMSTRAND
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=203078

Old 11-25-2003, 06:55 PM
Commoner

Hopefully he will be all right. Checked and it is a symptom of a lot of things. Some serious(Kidney stones, bladder infection) and some alot more worrisome.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:00 PM
Royal Highness

Has King Harald had any other health concerns? Is he generally considered to be in good health (apart from this)?
Old 11-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

What not too pleasant news. I hope the King has a speedy recovery soon and that it is not a big deal.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:44 PM
Heir Apparent

im hope so His Majesty will get well soon!

when my step-dad got that before because he cant go into the bathroom he had largest tube for urine but my mom little worried about him! but my step-dad had failure health for several years before he died.

my step-dad went to dr office for check-up but he would still used that tube but the lab research his urine but he looks normal!

my step-dad had dialysis like as kidney failure but he used to out of posion to clean-up in his lungs but my step-dad had heart failure about years ago but he not have heart surgery but he had little!

Sara Boyce
Old 11-26-2003, 12:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Starr  Posted: Nov 25th, 2003 - 5:55 pm

some alot more worrisome.
Oh dear .... in which way, if you don't mind me asking ?
Old 11-26-2003, 12:45 AM
Royal Highness

http://195.134.48.132/content.asp?folder_i...luster_id=23900

25. November 2003

King Harald in hospital for medical check-up

King Harald was admitted to the National Hospital Tuesday aafternoon in Oslo for a medical examination. He will be on sick leave for the rest of the week.

The King is said to be suffering from an infection of the urinary system.

Crown Prince Haakon will act as regent in the King's absence.

He will also lead Friday's meeting of the Cabinet at the Royal Palace.

Queen Sonja and the other members of the Royal Family visited the King Tuesday evening.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:12 AM
Aristocracy

King Harald was released from Rikshospitalet after one day.

His diagnose will not be ready before next week
- then the doctors will have the results from his tests.

Last night it was decided that Queen Sonja should go alone to Stavanger thursday as King Harald is on sick leave.
Today the programme at the official site was corrected accordingly.
At noon however - a new decision was made - to cancel her trip ...

The official press release 26.11.2003 :

H.M. Kongen utskrevet

Hans Majestet Kongen ble utskrevet fra Rikshospitalet i dag klokken 12.45.

Sykehuset opplyser at endelig konklusjon på de gjennomførte undersøkelsene først vil foreligge i begynnelsen av neste uke.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:39 PM
Serene Highness

Hello Magazine

26 NOVEMBER 2003
King Harald V of Norway has been released from Oslo's National Hospital, where he was admitted on Tuesday.

Few details of his condition have been revealed to the public, but the 66-year-old monarch is said to be suffering from haematuria, which, in layman's terms, is blood in the urine. The condition can be a symptom of many disorders, from a simple infection to cancer.

Because King Harald will be shelving official duties this week – taking the first sick leave of his 12-year reign – the heir to the throne, Crown Prince Haakon, act as regent.

Thirty-year-old Haakon, along with his wife Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Martha Louise and Queen Sonja, visited the king in hospital late Tuesday evening, a few hours after the monarch was admitted.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Polfoto 26-11-2003 Oslo: King Harald emerged from the National Hospital in Oslo at 12:45 pm after being released on Wednesday. Although he entered his car and drove away without saying anything, he did smile and wave to the gathered photographers and journalists. Dr. Anstein Bergan follows him out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NY_harald_500.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	28657   Click image for larger version

Name:	NY_harald_500a.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	28658   Click image for larger version

Name:	500.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	28659  
Old 11-28-2003, 12:28 AM
Heir Apparent

im so glad he got out of hospital! im so happy for him! than my step-dad!

Sara Boyce
Old 11-30-2003, 07:37 PM
Aristocracy

Sunday evening King Harald was at Rikshospitalet for new examinations (!!&#33 - he was admitted - expected to be released monday - info on test results and further programme monday afternoon.

Official press release 30.11.2003 (midnight)

H.M. Kongen til nye undersøkelser

Hans Majestet Kongen var i kveld til nye undersøkelser på Rikshospitalet, som resulterte i at Kongen blir liggende over natten. Sykehuset regner med at han blir skrevet ut i morgen tidlig.

Svaret på prøvene som ble tatt i forrige uke vil foreligge mandag ettermiddag.

Det vil bli nærmere informert om resultatet av prøvene og Kongens videre program i morgen ettermiddag.

---------------------

Kongen tilbake på sykehuset

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=203721
Old 11-30-2003, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by anna@Nov 30th, 2003 - 6:37 pm
Sunday evening King Harald was at Rikshospitalet for new examinations (!!&#33 - he was admitted - expected to be released monday - info on test results and further programme monday afternoon.
Does this mean that these examinations were expected? When King Harald left the hospital the first time was he expected to return for the hospital for more tests? Or did doctors see something in his original tests that they wanted to test again or look at again?

And does this mean that the results of his tests will be made public? I don't know how I would feel about that if I were him and that were the case! :( It seems a bit personal to be revealing the results of your medical tests to the public, even if you are "working" for them.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Aristocracy

Any need for more tests was not what the palace informed about on King Harald's release wednesday !

Then they said they would inform on his diagnose week 49 - nothing more.

His sick leave was until monday morning.

Perhaps it will be extended ?

Then Crown Prince Haakon's regency will be prolonged as well.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:19 AM
Aristocracy

King Harald was released from Rikshospitalet 07.45 monday :

Official press release 1.12.2003

H.M. Kongen utskrevet

Hans Majestet Kongen er i morges, klokken 07.45 skrevet ut fra Rikshospitalet. Kongen tilbrakte natten på sykehuset etter å ha gjennomgått nye undersøkelser søndag kveld.

Informasjon om resultatet av prøvene fra forrige uke og Kongens program vil bli gitt i ettermiddag

---------------

This article says probably something unexpected and acute happened sunday :

Sannsynligvis uventet og akutt - av FRANK ERTESVÅG, ELLEN LIMSTRAND - VG 01.12.03 kl. 05:33

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=203724

---------------

In connection with King Harald's illness the norwegian royal court will hold a press conference at 13.00 today.

Official press release 1.12.2003 :

Pressekonferanse

Det Kongelige Hoff inviterer til pressekonferanse om Hans Majestet Kongens helse, i dag mandag 1. desember 2003, kl. 13.00.

Pressekonferansen finner sted på møterom 131, Det Kongelige Slott. Fremmøte i nordre inngang innen kl. 12.50

-------------------
hmmm, just forgot to add the link
Old 12-01-2003, 04:47 AM
Majesty

anna keep us updated and thank you for the information....
Old 12-01-2003, 09:20 AM
Courtier

dreadful news. :( I wish him all the best and that he is fine soon.
But I´m sure he will be supported by his family and Maud and the new baby will give him power to get healthy
Old 12-01-2003, 09:20 AM
Courtier

//www.hellomagazine.com/

King Harald diagnosed with cancer

1 DECEMBER 2003
King Harald of Norway has been diagnosed with cancer of the bladder, doctors revealed on Monday.

The 66-year-old monarch will undergo surgery to remove his bladder on December 8, and will need up to three weeks to recuperate. King Harald, who shelved official duties last week leaving his son Crown Prince Haakon as regent, will continue sick leave for two to three months.

However, doctors said the cancer had been detected early and the king should be able to lead a normal life after treatment.

The announcement, made by the king's physicians during a Monday afternoon press conference, came nearly one week after King Harald checked into hospital suffering from haematuria, which, in layman's terms, is blood in the urine. Though he was released last Wednesday after undergoing a series of tests, he returned on Sunday for an overnight stay.

The Norwegian monarch, who will undergo surgery to remove his bladder on December 8, is expected to shelve royal duties for the next two to three months
Photo: © AFP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	harald_1b.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	29240  
Old 12-01-2003, 09:25 AM
Courtier

Well,Cp Haakon will overtake the official functions.That´s not good for Mette-Marit because Haakon has a lot of work now and won´t be with her very often...
Bad situation

Tags
cancer, harald v, hospital, illness