The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway > King Harald and Queen Sonja

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-04-2013, 03:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

video of their arrival http://www.nrk.no/trondelag/kongepar...eim-1.11060533

Old 06-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Today, King Harald participates in the annual Færder Regatta from Oslo to Horten, June 7, 2013.
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3

Old 06-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
Today, King Harald participates in the annual Færder Regatta from Oslo to Horten, June 7, 2013.
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3
Their boat won - but with a little drama about a time error
Kongen til topps i Færderseilasen - VG Nett om Kongehuset
Google Translation

KONG HARALD - Kongen kunne juble etter korrigering
Google Translation
Old 06-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Today, June 10, 2013, King Harald granted the members of the Norwegian band "A-ha" Morten Harket, Magne Furuholmen and Pål Waaktaar Savoy audience, as they were appointed Officer of the Order of St Olav half a year ago.
Unfortunately no pictures of them with the King, but a short video when they arrived at the palace - Kreves mye for å få oss samlet - Aftenposten
Old 06-11-2013, 06:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yesterday, King Harald attended a seminar on the occasion of Anti-Doping Norway's 10th anniversary, June 10, 2013.
kongehuset.no - Symposium om antidoping
Google Translation

Kongen besøkte antidopingseminar | Antidoping Norge
Google Translation

Also yesterday, the Royal Ship 'Norge' has been seen in Evenesvika (it's quite in the North of Norway).
According to Andreas R. Bruun, who took pictures when the vessel arrived at around 18.15, several people went ashore, among them Queen Sonja.
Kongeskipet i Evenesvika -ht.no- nyheter fra Harstad og Hålogaland
Google Translation
Old 06-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

i see the king more debilitated.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Today, King Harald attended the opening of a new building housing the polar vessel Gjøa - the first vessel to transit the Northwest Passage,at the Fram Museum at Bygdøy, June 12, 2013.
kongehuset.no - Endelig i havn
Google Translation
Old 06-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Today, King Harald attended the opening of a new building housing the polar vessel Gjøa - the first vessel to transit the Northwest Passage,at the Fram Museum at Bygdøy, June 12, 2013.
kongehuset.no - Endelig i havn
Google Translation
here is a video NRK TV - Dagsrevyen - 12.06.2013 (go to 28:30)
Old 06-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Today, Queen Sonja gave a vernissage at Galleri Dronning Joséphine (the Queen Joséphine Gallery), Oscarshall, June 13, 2013.
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 - Picture 5 - Picture 6

kongehuset.no - Galleri Dronning Joséphine
Google Translation
Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Fram is such a wonderful museum. I remember to wonder what would be inside that pyramid and the WOW when I entered and saw the ship

BTW, who was Queen Josephine? A norwegian queen from the times of the union with Sweden, perhaps, since there was no Queen Josephine since 1905, was there?
Old 06-14-2013, 03:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
The Fram is such a wonderful museum. I remember to wonder what would be inside that pyramid and the WOW when I entered and saw the ship

BTW, who was Queen Josephine? A norwegian queen from the times of the union with Sweden, perhaps, since there was no Queen Josephine since 1905, was there?
Yes you're right.
Josephine of Leuchtenberg (1807-1876) was the wife of King Oscar I (1799–1859), who was the only son of King Carl Johan (formerly known as Jean Baptiste Bernadotte) and Desiree Clary. She became Queen Consort of Norway and Sweden in 1844 with the accession of her husband.
Oscarhall was built on the instructions of King Oscar I and named after him, but Queen Josephine was heavily involved in the project (so involved that some have argued that little castle could have been named after her).
King Oscar and Queen Josephine were both very interested in art, and they laid the foundation for the fine collection of old Norwegian art contained in the Royal Palace today.

You can read about her here Josephine of Leuchtenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Today, Queen Sonja gave a vernissage at Galleri Dronning Joséphine (the Queen Joséphine Gallery), Oscarshall, June 13, 2013.
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 - Picture 5 - Picture 6

kongehuset.no - Galleri Dronning Joséphine
Google Translation
video Dronningen åpnet eget galleri | namdalsavisa.no
Old 06-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Today, Queen Sonja attended the women's suffrage centenary in Flakstad, Lofoten, June 15,2013.
kongehuset.no - Feiret Gina Krog
Google Translation
It was a day full of several events, a outdoor photo exhibtion, a mountain trail, which she opened and also hiked along, a dinner and a centennial celebration concert.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

here is a video NRK TV - Lørdagsrevyen - 15.06.2013

another article about it http://www.nrk.no/nordland/dronning-...ten-1.11082681
Google Translation

and here is a pictures of Queen Sonja on June 14 in Bodø, where she was boarding the ship to go to Flakstad.
http://www.an.no/nyheter/article6710275.ece
Google Translation
Old 06-29-2013, 06:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Sonja is still on west coast tour with the Royal Yacht. Today, she was supposed to open the Hardangerbrua (Hardange Bridge, 30 m longer than the Golden Gate bridge), but it is not finished yet. As she was there anyway, she visited the bridge on Thursday, June 27, and said "I've had my own little ceremony. I have been allowed to set a personal greeting on the bridge, I had with me a 3 m long blue silk band that I have tied to a bow in the middle of the bridge. And so I say congratulations."

article with pictures of her on the bridge - Heilt fascinerande - Bergens Tidende
Google Translation

short video http://www.nrk.no/hordaland/dronning...rua-1.11104968
Google Translation
Old 06-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Today, Queen Sonja attended the opening of the footpath "Dronningstien" (Queen's trail) in Ullensvang, June 29, 2013.
Dronning Sonja opna turstien sin - Hordaland
Google Translation
During the last 20 years it has been one of the Queen's favorites, said the local Lions Club in Ullensvang.

more about the trail H.M. Dronning Sonjas panoramatur - Tur - UT.no
Google Translation
Old 06-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

some more pictures from today - Målet er nådd, jeg er så stolt og glad | hardanger-folkeblad.no

Yesterday, Queen Sonja honored teams and indiviuals who are campaigners for hiking in the Hardanger region (it was her personal desire to honor them), and she congratulated the Odda / Ullensvang Hiking Association to their 100th anniversary at Hotel Ullensvang, June 28, 2013.
Dronningen hedret lokale turlag | hardanger-folkeblad.no
Google Translation
Old 06-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

another video from today Dronningstien - Distriktet, Nyheter, Video - HTV - Haugesunds Avis
the little girl from the video (with the camera) got a nice photo together with the Queen Photo by amaliektvilde • Instagram

and a picture of Queen Sonja on the Royal Ship at some time during the last week Photo by missmettes1 • Instagram (it looks like a reception)

Old 06-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

and another video from yesterday NRK TV - Dagsrevyen - 29.06.2013
Old 07-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Serene Highness

Queen Sonja celebrates her birthday on Magero as usual:
Google Fordító
Google Fordító

Tags
king harald, queen sonja, sonja