The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.op.no/nyheter/larvik/her.../s/5-36-428571

Summary from me - with some quotes from the article:

The signatures and inscriptions in Herregårdsbakken are being refurbished. And now, the project manager Knut Hjalmar Gulliksen hopes that the King will add his signature in the mountain.

6 other Kings have done it: Christian V in 1685, Frederik IV in 1704, Christian VI in 1733, Frederik V in 1749, Haakon VII in 1946 and Olav V in 1971.

In 2014 (in connection with the 200th Anniversary of Norway's Constitution), Larvik municipality was in contact with the Palace with a desire to get King Harald to Larvik to put his signature in the mountain, but the attempt did not succeed.

Now Gulliksen and the project group through the county governor have approached the palace again.

"We have approached the palace and are waiting for answers.''

In 2014, the Palace did not give the impression that they were negative to the idea, but there must be a occasion..

Now Gulliksen hopes that the King can visit Larvik in December on the occasion of the opening of the new Farris Bridge, and at the same time also inscribe his inscription in the mountain.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

The Norwegian News Agency - Norsk Telegrambyrå in Norwegian (NTB) accidentally announced that the King was dead. - The king is in good shape, says the palace to NRK, TV2 and VG.

The Norwegian News Agency is the equwalant of The Press Association (PA) in the UK and Associated Press (AP) in the US.

The Norwegian News Agency is the equivalent of The Press Association (PA) in the UK and Associated Press (AP) in the US.

Two of many articles about it - translated quotes from me:
https://www.nrk.no/kultur/norsk-tele...dod-1.13706450
Quote:
"Norway is in grief. King Harald V is dead, xx years old. The king died xxxx (day/date) (home/hospital or the like) at xxx.

This is how the message from Norsk Telegrambyrå (NTB) begins. It was sent to all its customers in Norwegian media houses, including NRK.

The unfinished text was sent to NTB subscribers at. 12.06. At 12.09, the news agency sent out a new message that they retracted the nekrologue.
Quote:
News editor Ole Kristian Bjellaanes in NTB regrets the error when NRK contacts him.

''Unfortunately, this has happened by mistake. Of course, it was not meant to go out. This is probably due to a technical error, but I cant say anything about what it is due to, at the moment,'' says Bjellaanes, who says they are now working to find the error.

The news editor says he is sorry for the message being sent to NTB's customers.

"It’s a terribly sad situation, and we’re sorry for it. We quickly sent out a correction message, but we are sorry this happened and it is a type of mistake that obviously will not happen again, ''says Bjellaanes.
Quote:
Assistant communications manager Svein Gjeruldsen at the Palace confirms to NRK that the King is alive and in good shape.

"I have heard that NTB has sent out a message, and I can confirm that the King is in good shape," said Gjeruldsen in a brief comment.
Quote:
Crown Prince Haakon confirms that everything is well with Norway's head of state when NRK mets him at an event in Langesund in Telemark on Tuesday afternoon.

''He king is in good shape. I realized it was quickly corrected, "said the Crown Prince to NRK.
NTB meldte at kongen var død
Quote:
''Unfortunately, there was a technical error that sent a message that should not be published, says news editor Ole Kristian Bjellaanes to TV 2. (a bit strange that a technical error can send a message, but thats what the article says)

Does NTB know anything about the King's health that we don't? (TV2 asks)

"No," said the news editor.
Quote:
The King is alive

Svein Gjeruldsen, Assistant Communications Manager at the Palace, confirms that King Harald is alive. He was familiar with the NTB error when TV 2 contacted.

"There is nothing wrong with the King's health. He is in good shape,'' says Gjeruldsen.
Quote:
When CEO and editor Mads Yngve Storvik in NTB visited TV 2 News Channel, he was able to tell that everyone on the desk in NTB did what they could to minimize the damage.

"We can only help but regret, especially to King Harald," says Storvik.

The necrologue was made in advance so it will come out quickly when King Harald actually dies. When someone in NTB was updating it, it was mistakenly published.

NTB will now go through its systems so that this does not happen again.
Quote:
A scandal

TV 2's royal expert Kjell Arne Totland calls it a scandal - which is incredibly embarrasing for NTB.

"This is something that should not happen - and at least not at NTB, which serves all the media in Norway. And it went on for four minutes before the news was withdrawn.''he says, adding: To my knowledge, this is the first time this has happened to a member of the royal family in Norway. But we have seen examples of the same abroad - in the UK.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:12 AM
Courtier

I'd say that all the missing details (xxx) would be a very clear indication that it was sent out by accident.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Agree! And I think nobody doubted this was an error.

The same happened to Prince Philip in a Telegraph article earlier this year. But this is the Norwegian News Agency, and the error (who is all over the news here) is therefore more serious.

And bear in mind, the King is also a bit frail: He has trouble walking, breathes heavily when going in stairs and has seemed a bit tired in the past year.

So people is worried about him, and this error made some journalists wonder, does NTB know anything about the King's health that we don't? (which was what TV2 asked).

Is it more to it? No, I don't think so.

It was just as NTB said, the necrologue was made in advance so it will come out quickly when the King actually dies. When someone in NTB was updating it, it was mistakenly published.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen cancels her two engagements tomorrow due to back pain.

She will be replaced by the Crown Princess at the opening of "The Queen's yes" - an exhibition highlighting the role of the Queen in the Middle Ages, Erkebispegården, Trondheim.

The King (without the Queen) and the CP couple will later attend the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation in Nidaros Cathedral. NRK1 sends the service live from 19:30 to 20:55.

Sven G. Gjeruldsen, Assistant Communications Manager at the Royal Court says to Dagbladet that there is no reason for panic.
https://www.dagbladet.no/kjendis/kro...sonja/68836647