80th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V and Queen Sonja

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Continuation of post 60 where I translated the VG article's first 10 of King Harald's 80 years:

This is a subscription article and I will not quote it (as I did with the first 10), but the content is available on other Norwegian websites and I already know what happened, so I see no problem with posting it here.

1948 (11 years): One of the prince's hobbies are model airplane building.

1949 (12 years): Prince Harald participates in school ski races together with classmates from Smestad school.

1950 (13 years): Prince Harald celebrates his 13th birthday together with classmates from Smestad school.

1951 (14 years): Prince Harald along with Crown Prince Olav and King Haakon is present when Hjalmar Andersen is blinded by a flash during the European Speed Skating Championships at Bislett and falls at the 10,000 metres. It was decided to let Andersen run again, and he won.

1952 (15 years): He begins at Oslo Cathedral School in August.

1953 (16 years): Prince Harald is confirmed alone in the Palace Chapel at Akershus.

1954 (17 years): Amidst the vulnerable teen years he loses his mother, Crown Princess Märtha.

1955 (18 years) Prince Harald is russ in May (traditional celebration for Norwegian high school students in their final spring semester) Later that year he starts training in the Armed Forces.

1956 (19 years) Graduated from the Officer Candidate School at Trandum.

1957 (20 years): King Haakon dies on September 21. Olav becomes king, and Harald becomes crown prince. That same year, he starts at the Military Academy

Continuation of post 60 and 63 where I translated the first 20 of King Harald's 80 years:

1958 (21 years): The age of majority is celebrated on February 21. Crown Prince Harald serves for the first time as regent in King Olav's absence.

1959 (22 years): Meets Sonja Haraldsen from Vinderen at a party with mutual friends. It's love at first sight, but the relationship is kept secret for many years. When he graduates from the military academy, no one knows that the young woman he's photographed with will become the next Queen of Norway.
Picture: http://touch.vg.no/out/images/article/2017/02/20/23930215/1/box-1024x768/Historiskebilder.jpg

1960 (23 years): Starts studies in social sciences, history and economics at Balliol College at Oxford University

1961 (24 years): In the study period, Crown Prince Harald is competing in rowing on the Thames.

1962 (25 years): Ends Oxford studies.

1963 (26 years): Crown Prince Harald's new sailboat Fram III is launched.

1964 (27 years): The crown prince represents, for the first of three times, Norway at the Olympics. He carries the Norwegian flag at the opening ceremony in Tokyo

1965 (28 years): Is together with Olav on the 20th anniversary of the liberation of Norway at Bislett Stadium.

1966 (29 years): Crown Prince Harald is a member of the Advisory Board for the World Cup nordic skiing, in Oslo.

1967 (30 years): The 30th birthday is celebrated with a cake and soda party for 43 children from across the country in the National Gallery's Munch hall.

Last edited:
:previous: thank you Royal Norway for all the summaries. Lots of information, thanks.
I'm learning a lot on the King's life

:previous: You're very welcome!

Continuation of post 60, 63 and 64 where I translated the first 30 of King Harald's 80 years:

1968 (31 years): In March, it was announced that King Olav had given his consent to the marriage of Crown Prince Harald and Sonja Haraldsen. The wedding is held in Oslo Cathedral on 29 August.

1969 (32 years): The Crown Prince couple are on their first trip together in northern Norway. In Kautokeino they are both dressed up in pesk (sami winter coat of fur).

1970 (33 years): The Crown Prince couple lost their unborn child. Crown Princess Sonja had a bleeding which ended in abortion.

1971 (34 years): Crown Prince Harald and Crown Princess Sonja become parents for the first time. Princess Martha Louise is born at Rikshospitalet (hospital in Oslo) on 22 September.

1972 (35 years): During the Summer Olympics in Munich, Crown Prince Harald competes in sailing. He is also the flag bearer for the Norwegian team at the opening ceremony.

1973 (36 years): 1973 (36 years): Crown Prince Harald and Crown Princess Sonja become parents for the second time when Prince Haakon Magnus is born at Rikshospitalet (hospital in Oslo) on July 20.
Picture: http://touch.vg.no/out/images/article/2017/02/20/23930216/1/box-1024x768/HISTORISKEBILDER.jpg

1974 (37 years): The Crown Prince family welcomes King Carl Gustaf of Sweden to Skaugum when he is on an official visit to Norway.

1975 (38 years): Crown Prince Harald and Crown Princess Sonja is visiting Stavanger and Sandnes during Stavangers 850 anniversary.

1976 (39 years): Is present at the opening of Veritas (Norwegian foundation whose purpose is to work for safeguarding life, values and the environment) new facility in Høvik.

1977 (40 years): Celebrates his 40th birthday with a gala party at Fornebu.

Continuation of post 60, 63, 64 and 66 where I translated the first 40 of King Harald's 80 years:

1978 (41 years): Is present when Princess Martha Louise starts at Smestad school.

1979 (42 years): The Crown Prince couple attends the New Year celebrations in NRK television.

1980 (43 years): Is present when Prince Haakon starts at Smestad school.

1981 (44 years): Visits the exhibition Sjøen for alle sammen (Sea for all together) with little Prince Haakon, who gets a dinghy as a gift from the exhibitors.

1982 (45 years): Is chairman of the main committee of the World Ski Championships in Oslo. A championship that will forever be remembered best for the relay where Oddvar Brå broke his ski pole.

1983 (46 years): Father, King Olav, celebrates his 80th birthday. Father and son are together during the ski jumping competition at Holmenkollen.

1984 (47 years): Receives Princess Diana on an official visit to Norway.

1985 (48 years): Opens Mjøs bridge between Moelv and Biri with county governor Odvar Nordli.

1986 (49 years): Visits India along with Crown Princess Sonja.
Picture: http://touch.vg.no/out/images/artic...1024x768/82889d9f27c8008ae144f775cef4af43.jpg

1987 (50 years): Wins the World championship in sailing in Kiel with Fram X. The boat is a 50th birthday gift from the Norwegian industry.

Last edited:
Continuation of post 60, 63, 64, 66 and 67 where I translated the first 50 of King Harald's 80 years:

1988 (51 years): As Crown Prince Harald did in his youth, Prince Haakon is confirmed alone in the Palace Chapel.

1989 (52 years): Participates in færderseilasen with his new sailboat Fram XI

1990 (53 years): Harald becomes regent as a result of Olav's illness on May 31.

1991 (54): King Olav dies on January 17, and Crown Prince Harald becomes king. He continues his father and grandfather's valgspråk (royal motto) "Everything for Norway." He is consecrated along with Queen Sonja in Nidaros Cathedral on 23 June.

1992 (55): 1992 (55): It's not unusual that the King shows his support for people in crisis situations. But when he comes to see hurricane victims in Nordvestlandet in 1992, his old jacket gets almost as much publicity as the devastations after the hurricane. The jacket confirms his image as the people's king.
Picture: http://touch.vg.no/out/images/artic...1024x768/46e75b3c210366d6a577e877493f67a6.jpg

1993 (56 years): King Harald and Queen Sonja celebrates their silver wedding anniversary by inviting European royal guests to a cruise on the West Coast.

1994 (57 years): King Harald is present throughout the Lillehammer Olympics, and celebrates his 57th birthday there.

1995 (58 years): The floods is ravaging in eastern Norway and King Harald have close contact with the water when he visits Hamar, Tretten, Trysil, Flisa and Lillestrøm.

1996 (59 years): Hunting and fishing are close to the king's heart. Salmon fishing every summer in Lærdalselva. This summer is no exception.

1997 (60 years): The King turns 60 during the World Ski Championships in Trondheim, where he is celebrated with a cake. But the birthday is also celebrated in the summer with Sonja, who turns 60 in July. They celebrates with a cruise for royal guests along the coast of Nordland.

Last edited:
Continuation of post 60, 63, 64, 66, 67 and 68 where I translated the first 60 of King Harald's 80 years:

1998 (61 years): Together with the CEO of NSB, King Harald is on board the first express train to Gardermoen on October 7.

1999 (62 years): King Harald attends the opening of the National Theater station in Oslo.

2000 (63 years): The palace denies that the King is seriously ill.

2001 (64 years): He gets a new daughter in-law when Crown Prince Haakon marries Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby from Kristiansand on August 25. Is together with Queen Sonja received by Pope John Paul II on an official visit to the Vatican on October 25.
Pictures:
http://touch.vg.no/out/images/artic...1024x768/51a29b6cb4a65085ad954ebcaf841124.jpg
http://touch.vg.no/out/images/artic...1024x768/76287acee70ad40ecb5f46bd0787379a.jpg

2002 (65 years): He gets a new son in-law when Princess Märtha Louise marries Ari Behn.

2003 (66 years): King Harald becomes grandfather for the first time, when Märtha's daughter Maud Angelica Behn is born on April 29. She is baptized in the Palace Chapel and the king carries his granddaughter to the baptismal font. Later that year, he gets bladder cancer and is operated at Radiumhospitalet (Norwegian Radium Hospital) cancer-hospital in Oslo. Haakon is regent.

2004 (67 years): The King is back as regent. Now as a non-smoker. He becomes grandfather for the second time, when Princess Ingrid Alexandra is born on January 21. She is baptized in the Palace Chapel and the king carries his granddaughter to the baptismal font.

2005 (68 years): Serious ill again. Is operated for subvalvular aortic stenosis at Rikshospitalet (hospital in Oslo) on April 1. Operated again 10 days later, when it has accumulated liquid in the king's pericardium. Haakon is regent. The king is back as regent in June. He becomes grandfather again when Prince Sverre Magnus is born on December 3.

2006 (69 years): The Royal Family is on Svalbard in connection with Longyearbyen's 100th anniversary.

2007 (70 years): The Palace Square is full with thousands of people who wants to cheer the king and see the fireworks. The King and Queen also receives Holmenkollmedaljen (The Norwegian skiing's highest award).
Picture: http://touch.vg.no/out/images/artic...1024x768/85928cfc275a60a01677abbf261f14d1.jpg

Continuation of post 60, 63, 64, 66, 67, 68 and 69 where I translated the first 70 of King Harald's 80 years:

2008 (71 years): King Harald opens the new opera house in Oslo.

2009 (72 years): The Royal Family is present at the reopening of Oscarshall Palace.

2010 (73 years): King Harald is present when the subway to Holmenkollen is reopened.

2011 (74 years): Norway is crying after the attacks on the government buildings and Utøya on July 22. King Harald makes a speech that touches the whole nation during the national memorial ceremony in Oslo Spektrum.
Picture: http://touch.vg.no/out/images/artic...1024x768/6eedeb170c385da54b7c1a5cc5de06ad.jpg

2012 (75 years): King Harald loses his eldest sister, Princess Ragnhild. The funeral takes place in the Palace Chapel on September 28.

2013 (76 years): An old dream come true: King Harald is spending a few days with the Yanomami Indians in Brazil's rainforest. The visit comes about at the invitation of the Rainforest Foundation.
Picture: http://touch.vg.no/out/images/artic...1024x768/d9aac46c08edfc12551498fc830411b5.jpg

2014 (77 years): Large parts of the Grade II listed buildings in Lærdal burns down. The King and Queen is there to support those affected by the disaster.

2015 (78 years): The royal family attends the funeral of the King's brother-in-law Johan Martin Ferner in Holmenkollen Chapel on February 2.

2016 (79 years): The King celebrates 25 years on the throne. But what most people remember is the King's garden party speech in the Palace Park, about whom the Norwegians are. The speech goes viral and becomes world famous.

2017 (80 years): The King celebrated his birthday with Queen Sonja, his children, grandchildren and daughter-in-law in South Africa. The government will give a gala dinner for the royal couple on May 10.
Picture: http://touch.vg.no/out/images/artic...4x768/Kong_Harald_og_dronning_Sonja_80_ar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that people here did find my above posts (where I went trhogh the King's 80 years) interesting. And thanks to those who used the thanks button.

See prictures:
Bursdagssang for Kongeparet - kongehuset.no
The nation's mayors and councilors song happy birthday to their Majesties when the King and Queen last night was present at a banquet in Oslo City Hall.

Oslo Mayor Marianne Borgen had invited the mayors and councilors from across the country on the occasion of the conference Municipal Political Summit in Oslo.

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks :flowers:

I translated parts of a long article by Harald Stanghelle (the republican editor of Aftenposten who likes the king) from February 20th in post 38. And here is a long article from Hanne Skartveit (the principled republican political editor of VG who likes the king and supports the monarchy) from February 21th: Forpliktet for livet - VG+
Committed for life

King Harald unifies Norway. He is the glue we need in a troubled time.

No normal person would have established a constitutional monarchy, if we were to establish our system of government today. Kingdoms and hereditary titles belong to the past. But most Norwegians are extremely pleased with our monarchy. And why should we change something that works so well?

It is interesting to see that it is among the young that King Harald's popularity is increasing most. But it is perhaps not so surprising. Our society is changing rapidly. Technology is evolving in a violent pace. The balance of power in the world has shifted. The future is uncertain.

The monarchy is stable. It's not controversial. Even when King Harald addresses difficult questions, he does so without offending people. He can talk about girls who like girls and boys who like boys, he can talk about Norwegians with different religious beliefs and different backgrounds - and he does it in a way that unifies, not divides.

In the increasingly diverse society that Norway has become, the royal family is more important than ever. We live in a time of strong polarization, where we are often more concerned with what separates us than what we have in common. Then we need, to an even greater extent, strong national symbols that can unite us, that excites us, together. All together.

King Harald is a king it's easy to fall in love with. But no one thought that the then Crown Prince Harald would be able to fill his father's shoes when he died in 1991. King Olav was a much loved king. What the public knew little about at the time, was that he was quite authoritarian and self-willed, temperamental and tough with his daughter in law, the then-Crown Princess Sonja.

It took a few years before King Harald found his own role. But today we can safely conclude that he is closer to the people than his father was. Perhaps the most important moment was when he spoke at a memorial concert in Oslo Spektrum after the July 22 attack in 2011.

''As the country's king, I feel with every one of you'', he said. And we saw that it was true.

We know that the royals will us well. And we see that they work hard. While the royal couple's peers have retired long ago, and live a life without any other obligation than to care for themselves and their closest, the King and Queen is still working full time. They turns 80 years - without knowing anything about how it is to be retired. And it still looks as if they are having fun at work. That's impressive.

King Harald's life was destined from the beginning. He could not choose profession - and he could in principle not choose a life partner. But he broke with tradition. He fought for love, and he eventually got his Sonja. And he made sure that his own children were given a freer childhood and upbringing than he had - and that they was free to choose their life partners.

It has made the royal family more folksy. This is a difficult balancing act for a royal; to be folksy and regal at the same time. So far it has been quite successful, in spite of the many built-in paradoxes. The King and Queen must be said to belong to the country's absolute elite. But I think that very few people around the country who are talking about the elite inside Oslo, has King Harald in mind. King Harald is folksy, just an ordinary guy. And absolutely king.

Many are asking themselves how long will it lasts - how long the Norwegian monarchy will remain. Will generations continue to follow generations.

I think the best answer to that is that the monarchy will consist as long as the royals want it - and as long as the Norwegian people want them. There is a reciprocal contract, casual - and yet binding on both parties.

And both they and we will probably know it the days It's over. Then the abolition of the monarchy will take place without drama, in the recognition that people and royals have grown apart.

Today, it seems far away. The support to the Norwegian monarchy is massive. For more than a century, the royal family has demonstrated the ability and willingness to renew itself, to go into their time.

There is little to suggest that the world will be a quieter place with the first. We need the stability that the monarchy represents. King Harald has brought with him the best of his predecessors. And he has given the monarchy the best of himself.

The congratulations and greetings is flowing in today. It's well deserved.

A rather positive article from Hanne Skartveit, but she too has criticized Haakon and Mette-Marit, both on television and in other articles.

She was in Dagsrevyen (Norway's largest news program) on February 18 to speak about that amazing poll that showed 81% support to the monarchy.

She was confronted with the fact that we have a Crown Prince couple who have chosen a different and more political style than the king and was asked how she thought it may affect the support for the monarchy in the future? She responded by saying: I think it's natural that a crown prince is looking for his role and trying to find his place in a new time, and he has struggled a bit with that I think. When he enters the role of king, then I don't think he can flirt with politics and define it as far. Then he must go into the traditional, neutral, for all, role of king, I think.

To those of you who speak Scandinavian, see it here: https://tv.nrk.no/serie/dagsrevyen/NNFA02021817/18-02-2017

And as I have said in several other posts on other threads, several experts fear for the monarchy's existence under Haakon.

The celebrations in May:
There's nothing new on the celebrations in May yet, but se post 34/35 where I describe previous royal celebrations in Norway and the television coverage in detail.

Last edited:
I have a very busy day ahead of me with work/family, so I don't have the time to follow the news today. But I have heard (from a reliable source) that information about the celebrations on May 9/10 can come at any moment now.

Last edited:
No information today either. Some think it's going to come this week, while others think it's going to come next week.

I wrote this in post 45:
I wrote in post 34/35 (where I went through past royal celebrations) that I thought the entire 80th birthday celebrations might be a non event in comparison to the King/Queen's big joint 60th birthday celebrations in 1997 and the King's even bigger 70th birthday in 2007, but it looks like I was wrong.

The Royal Court's Communications Manager Marianne Hagen informed on live television on February 21 that it will be held a gala dinner at the royal palace on May 9 with foreign guests present. (most likely white tie with tiaras and everything)

On May 10, there will be a dinner given by the government at the Opera House. The royal experts also believe that the royal family and their foreign guests will make an appearance on the balcony earlier in the day.
But now I'm starting to get a bit negative again, especially when it comes to the television coverage, which was enormous during the Silver Wedding Anniversary in August 1993, the joint 60th Birthday celebrations in June 1997, even larger for King Harald's 70th Birthday celebrations in February 2007 and the Silver/Consecration Jubilees in January/June 2016.

Queen Sonja's 70th Birthday celebrations in July 2007 (not the monarch) and the joint 75th Birthday celebrations in May 2012 (not round birthdays) were celebrated on a lesser scale and the coverage was therefore smaller and less extensive. See post 34/35 for more details.

Last edited:
In may is the calendar of the Swedish Royal Family full, but on the 9th and 10th it is empty, with events on both the days before and after. I guess we will see a big turnout from the Swedish Royal Family.

Empty on the 9th and 10th in the Danish calendar as well.

Hopefully their 50th wedding anniversary in 2018 will be a great event as well.

:previous: If that happens, it will be the third year in a row with celebrations. And therefore i think (perhaps) they will take a Margrethe/Henrik and celebrate privately.

Last edited:
Me and a colleague are completely shocked and very irritaded/disappointed right now, but still not surprised. NRK has released its TV schedule for the first 14 days in May. And what did we see there? Nothing, they have not planned anything.

It may be because they have not received any information from the Royal Court yet, but I doubt that NRK had released its schedule before the information from the court if they had planned to broadcast the events.

Perhaps it is as I first feared and as I wrote in posts 35, or perhaps the 2 dinners are completely private and that nothing else is planned. This could mean that the so-called royal experts have been wrong again.

I'll try to get more information later today (the time is only 07:20 AM here in Norway).

I could personally think that it is quite strange to create a Jubilee logo for this, used at the website and so on, if there is no official celebration of the Birthdays.

1. I have talked to NRK on the phone, and what did they say? That they didn't know.

2. I have also talked to a friend who works there, and what did he say? That he didn't know anything for sure, but thought that something was planned.

3. What do I know so far? Not much, with the exeption of what I've heard from these geniuses who call themselves experts (and which I have now learned to take with a large pinch of salt).

4. What has the Royal Court said? I have seen the clip with communications manager Marianne Hagen (from February 21) again, where she said the following: The official celebration in Norway will be in May. Then it's the government who invites to a great dinner in the opera on May 10th. There will be a gala dinner at the palace for family and friends from home and abroad on May 9th, and we hope that we can take the Norwegian people to a part of that celebration as well.

It's poorly translated, but that's because I'm using exactly the same words as she did (so people can read it the way she said it).

What she meant: She hoped that the Norwegian people were allowed to take part (through television) in the gala dinner on May 9th as well.

5. What do I think? That the celebrations (and the television coverage) in no way will be as large as the Silver Wedding Anniversary in August 1993, the joint 60th Birthday celebrations in June 1997, the King's 70th Birthday celebrations in February 2007 and the Silver/Consecration Jubilees in January/June 2016.

Queen Sonja's 70th Birthday celebrations in July 2007 was a large celebration (especially when you take into consideration that she is just a consort), but she was not the monarch, and the television coverage was therefore much smaller and less extensive.

The joint 75th Birthday celebrations in May 2012 (not round, but half round birthdays) were celebrated on a lesser scale and the coverage was therefore much smaller and less extensive. See post 34/35 for more details.

Here are 5 likely scenarios:

1. The only thing planned by the royal court is the gala dinner at the palace and the dinner in the opera and they are not broadcasted by NRK1/2.

2. The only thing planned by the royal court is the gala dinner at the palace and the dinner in the opera and they are broadcasted by NRK1 in one-hours extended news programmes.

3. Large celebrations without television coverage:

May 9th: Gala dinner at the palace.

May 10th: There will be a service in Oslo Cathedral and an appearance on the balcony followed by the dinner in the opera.

4. Large celebrations with television coverage of the dinners, but not the other events:

May 9th: The gala dinner at the palace is broadcasted by NRK1 in an one-hour extended news programme.

May 10th: There will be a service in Oslo Cathedral and an appearance on the balcony followed by the dinner in the opera. Only the dinner is broadcasted by NRK1 in an one-hour extended news programme.

5. Large celebrations with television coverage:

May 9th: The gala dinner at the palace is broadcasted by NRK1 in an one-hour extended news programme.

May 10th: There will be a service in Oslo Cathedral and an appearance on the balcony followed by the dinner in the opera. Large broadcast throughout the day on NRK1.

I see scenario 5 as very unlikely. Yes, the king is more popular than ever, and the monarchy has record high support, but the crown prince couple has weakened the institution considerably in the media and in the political elite. And It's therefore unlikely that NRK will spend a lot of money on a large television broadcast after spending a lot of resources and funds on the Silver/Consecration Jubilees last year.

The television coverage for the Silver Jubilee on January 17, 2016 was large and NRK1/2 broadcasted throughout the day.

The television coverage for the Consecration Jubilee on June 23, 2016 was even larger and NRK1 broadcasted throughout the day. (It must have been one of the longest television broadcasts in Norway's history) See post 34/35.

Last edited:
It now looks like It's scenario 2 in my above post that is correct. NRK1's TV schedule now shows that nothing is planned between 19:45 to 20:55 on May 9th and between 19:45 to 20:55 and 21:35 to 22:50 on May 10th.

Not much compared to coverage of previous royal celebrations in Norway, but (if this is correct) both the dinners will at least be broadcasted.

Confirmation from Sweden, we don't know exactly what they will attend but they are attending the joint celebrations of King Harald and Queen Sonja's 80th birthdays.

The King, The Queen, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia are attending on 9-10 May according to the website.

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

We have it. The Norwegian Government has made a program, released today.

Tuesday 9 May

17.30 Entertainment at the Royal Palace Square, and at 18.30 will the Royal Family and their European guests appear on the balcony.

20.00 Gala dinner at the Royal Palace.

Wednesday 10 May
11.00 Luncheon at Kongeskipet Norge

19.00 Dinner at the Opera House. The dinner is the official gift to the Royal Couple on their birthdays from the Government. The Royals will go in cortege at Karl Johan Street from the Royal Palace to the Opera House.

https://www.regjeringen.no/no/aktuelt/feiring-av-kongeparets-80-arsdager/id2550678/

And as well by the Court:
http://www.kongehuset.no/artikkel.html?tid=153216&sek=112472

Last edited:
We have it. The Norwegian Government has made a program, released today.

Tuesday 9 May

17.30 Entertainment at the Royal Palace Square, and at 18.30 will the Royal Family and their European guests appear on the balcony.

20.00 Gala dinner at the Royal Palace.

Wednesday 10 May
11.00 Luncheon at Kongeskipet Norge

19.00 Dinner at the Opera House. The dinner is the official gift to the Royal Couple on their birthdays from the Government. The Royals will go in cortege at Karl Johan Street from the Royal Palace to the Opera House.

https://www.regjeringen.no/no/aktuelt/feiring-av-kongeparets-80-arsdager/id2550678/

And as well by the Court:
Feiring av kongeparets 80-årsdager - kongehuset.no

Has the guest list for the gala dinner been released yet ?

Not yet. We'll probably not get it until the same day, or maybe the day before.

Yes your are right, we have to wait until the royals houses update their calendars.. It seems King Felipe and Queen Letizia will not attend. The president of Costa Rica will make an official visit( no state visit) on may 8th-9th. i dont think they will attend the dinner on 9th or attend just the gala on 10th. most possible Sofia and JC will attend :sad:

How great!
attendance by the Sweden and Denmark royal families :flowers:
It will be some special days

Translated by me:
Rekordfeiring av kongeparet: 30-40 kongelige gjester kommer til Oslo - Aftenposten
Aftenposten has information that the number of royal guests from all over Europe is exceptionally high:

Between 30 and 40 majesties, dukes and exellents will be in Oslo. It will be the largest amount of royal guests since the wedding in 2001.

The palace in Oslo gives no information about the royal guest list. Nevertheless, everything suggests that that all of Europe's royal houses will be represented, with the possible exception of Liechstenstein.
Kjell Arne Totland also says that the presidents of Finland and Iceland are invited.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom