70th birthday celebrations of Queen Sonja

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved the video! Especially they parts with family. The boys playing football, in the vegetable garden, story telling. It was wonderful to see:wub:

Happy Birthday and I hope everyone enjoys the celebrations with lots of pictures

Honestly, I dislike Máxima appearance. First, those green pants then this enourmes blue coat... :eek:

I can't wait to see Mathilde's dress. It seems really elegant.

Queen Sonja... she's Great! I can't believe she is 70 years old, she looks so much younger! I wish this celebration all the best!! :flowers:

I can't wait to see Mathilde's dress. It seems really elegant.

it is the same dress when she wass attending the statebanquet last year. (statevisit from luxembourg to belgium)

finally, a group picture! ANP Beeldbank

i think they all look adorable. it's lovely to see these official pictures of gatherings of royals.

Pity the group pic is not bigger as to see them properly

I hope to see to Guillaume next Queen Sonja 70º birthday fest... in Hola magazine I watch the list and Guillaume, Felix and the GRand Duke and Duchess are in the list....

Have anyone seen any pics of Guillaume from the birthday-cruise? I've been looking, but I only seem to find pics of the other guests :sad:

And what a shame the weather has being so ugly, the ladys would of look great w/o those trench coats and furs but apparently it was a little bit cold.

Mathilde looks wonderful what a beautiful face she have and what a lady she is, Mette did well with her stuck shoe incident by the way.

The jewelry is amazing in general and Maxima looks beautiful, the makeup is impeccable and she looks really good today, the best after she gave birth so far.

Mette 1
Mette 2
A devoted husband
Phillipe was there too

Last edited:
Happy Birthday to Queen Sonja and to many more! Norwegianne your pictures are first rate, thank you. <Remove off-topic discussion about Princess Máxima / Mandy>

Last edited by a moderator:
From what we can see of the gala, everyone seems to look great! Sonja looked very happy throughout the day. Mette-Marit's suit was really nice during the day, and it looks like she handled her shoe troubles well! :lol:

Have anyone seen any pics of Guillaume from the birthday-cruise? I've been looking, but I only seem to find pics of the other guests :sad:

You can find here a pic of Guillaume, he is in the photo with Queen Anne Marie
PPE Agency

Today Program 05/07/2007.

The Royal Family and their guests arrive at The Spangereid Canal. HM Queen Sonja officially opens the canal.

The Royal familiy and their guests visit Lindesnes lighthouse – the southernmost point of the Norwegian mainland

The Royal Family and their guests arrive at Ny Hellesund late in the afternoon.

Kongehuset.no

Thank you everyone for the photos. The group photo is particularly lovely - it is always so much fun to see a large royal gathering.

Last edited:
some great pictures and video's !! thanks for posting them , must say I really like mette marit she is so emtional ! I really like her relationship with the queen , you can see that she really does love her.

Thanks everybody for keeping us updated.

First of all, congratulations to the birthday girl and my compliments too, I think that any woman would hope to turn 70 and still look as good as the Norwegian Queen!

Now something else: thumbs up for the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, she seems to have lost a lot of weight and she looks much more as the woman that I remember of the 80-ties.

And another thumbs up for all the ladies for walking up those stairs, over slippery paths and through the rain in these long dresses and on those high heels!

I simply love Queen Sonja's new dress!
Queen Sonja's gala dress

The upper part makes it look very elegant and makes the Queen look very slender. The skirt with the little white dots is more playful and girly.
It's a really lovely combination, IMO.

Funny the way that most of these royals seem to bring their camera. Queen B. probably is afraid that hers will fall into the water, it seems to be a waterproof one ;)

It's great to see the Royals gathering and really enjoy themselves. It appears Queen Sonja is really happy and i wish many more years of happinesses come to her.

I think it is her favourite camera because she had already used it at the Photoshoots with her family.

Funny the way that most of these royals seem to bring their camera. Queen B. probably is afraid that hers will fall into the water, it seems to be a waterproof one ;)

That and the rain.HM isn't into complicated state of the art camera's either,she always uses the easy "wegwerp" camera's.:rolleyes:

Just noticed that a few new pics have been added to the latest PPE set
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom