70th birthday celebrations of Queen Sonja

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read it yesterday and IMO quite a boring interveiw, nothing new at all.

Se og Hør has asked the danish court why Mary has cancelled as she was origianlly on the guestlist, and according to Lis M Frederiksen it turned out to be to many problems bringing the little Princess on the trip she decided to stay home afterall.
Mary blir hjemme med barn - Forsiden - www.seher.no

This all sounds very interesting!
A boat cruise instead of a big Palace-gala... that's something different.

It's so great that Maxima will attend together with Queen Beatrix!:)

I'm really curious how this will look like.. I mean: will the Royals wear hats and suits during the boat trip or will they wear causal clothes?
Will there be an evening dresses event?

Luxembourg:
the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg
Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume
Prince Felix

Wow! Prince Felix will attend? I can see Princess Alexandra accompanying her mom and Guillaume in an event like this... but Felix? Well, maybe to accompany Guillame since most of the guests are women?? :ermm: Anyways, I can't to see him :wub: and all the other guests.

Will Ingrid Alexandra, Sverre Magnus and Marius be in attendance?:flowers:

It's very sad that Mary will not go to Sonja's birthday - I thought that her maternity leave is over. But there will be many guests and I'm sure the party will be great.

I am soooo excited! The month of July is an exciting one: Diana's concert, christening of Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe, christening of Infanta Sofia and Queen Sonja's 70th birthday party. I can't wait to see all the pictures!

Is it known whether Queen Sofia will still attend tomorrow?
Apparently she has been ordered to rest by her doctor in order for a wound on her leg to be able to heal properly.

If she doesn't go, I wonder who will be sent with Elena and Jaime?

Apparently she has been ordered to rest by her doctor in order for a wound on her leg to be able to heal properly.

If she doesn't go, I wonder who will be sent with Elena and Jaime?

Well, if Queen Sofía will not attend the cruise, I assume Infanta Doña Elena and Don Jaime de Marichalar will go without the Queen. Not such a problem, I think.
:flowers:

Strange that Queen Beatrix takes Princess Máxima with her, while Crown Princess Mary or Princess Letzia will not attend. Princess Máxima is a mom as well, of three kids. Apparently the 'kids-problem' which Mary and Letizia have, is no problems for Máxima.

Plenty of staff to stand in for her, in their villa.

Strange that Queen Beatrix takes Princess Máxima with her, while Crown Princess Mary or Princess Letzia will not attend. Princess Máxima is a mom as well, of three kids. Apparently the 'kids-problem' which Mary and Letizia have, is no problems for Máxima.

Princess Maxima has already taken her official duties, while Pincess Letizia and May don't. So, in Princess Letizia case, it is difficult, beacause People in Spain could be upset due to She could go to parties but Official duties don't.

Yellow and Serious press will critizes her. That is the reason I know Princess Letizia won't attend this event.:rolleyes:

And It wouldn't be a problem for Pincess Letizia to go to this events, but there are differents circunstances in each case.

Yes that's true. What is also important to remember is that Maxima was the first of the three to give birth. Mary was (I think) 2 weeks later, and Letizia another 2 weeks later. So it hasn't been as long for them as for Maxima. Letizia will stay at home the full 3 months like with Leonor and will only break that for very important stuff like the funeral last week, not for a party in Norway.

I assume Mary and Letizia have their reasons to stay at home, while other royals decided to accept the invitation and are enjoying the birthday party and royal cruise in Norway– c'est ça!
This permanent comparing and complaining gets utterly annoying IMHO. This is Sonja´s well deserved birthday bash and not the royal super-mom contest!

Plenty of staff to stand in for her, in their villa.

I believe both Mary and Letizia are still breastfeeding. Most 2-month old can't do both ways (from the bottles and the breast). They might find it inconvenient to bring a baby to a ship. I doubt Maxima will bring Ariane. Since Maxima already went to Kenya, Ariane must be used to drink milk from the bottles.

She is supposed to have a full week of activities in Spain on the official agenda published last week. Even without the wound, she probably wouldn't go either.

She is supposed to have a full week of activities in Spain on the official agenda published last week. Even without the wound, she probably wouldn't go either.

Yeah, I've realised that. I just found it weird that it was still said in this thread that she would go and that's why I asked.

Thanks anyway. ;)

Do we know if any other royals will arrive/have arrived tonight?

In front of the Domkirkeplassen there's a giant portrait of Queen Sonja made of flowers. :flowers:
You can see a small picture of it here:
Side2
(3rd picture).
Great idea!

That flower portrait is amazing and a very nice gesture IMO. It's something more unusual!

Thanks for the pictures because many were new to me. I now know where Prince ML gets her looks from.

Yes, I never realised until I saw, particularly, the first picture of Sonja just how like Martha Louise is to her. It was nice to look back at these pictures.

It is a shame that no-one is able to attend the event from the British Royal Family. However most of the senior royals (Queen, Pr Philip, Pr Charles) will be in Scotland for Royal Week.

His Majesty doesn't look that impressed.

well besides me loving M-M's coat i think Haakon & MM looked like they had a bad train ride as well as M-L, they all seemed to arrive looking like a mess... just wonder how long the ride was??!

Besides that, pictures from today, the Queen elegent in red & the rest of the family looked good...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom