70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha louise look especacular in the dinner, mette marit lost a lot of weight!!!
none photo with all the family and the kids?

The guests will arrive at Gardermoen tomorrow from around 13.00 norwegian time, so airport pictures should appear in the online papers along the day after that.

It is no doubt which royal guests are most expected in the Norwegian press, the norwegian breakfast shows are already showing adds that they are preparing for the Arrival of the Swedish Dream Princesses:lol:

The King and Queen of Spain will only attend Fridays event so Sofia is not packing her tiaras:ermm:

Last edited:
i wanted tell him happy 70th birthday to His Majesty King Harald of Norway

i cant wait see lots of royals for King's 70th birthday and parties,lunches,gala dinners.

im sure about Earl and Countess of Wessex will come or not and Princess Anne come or not im hope so

Everyone looks just fantastic! I can't get over MM's dress and accessories, just perfect! Hopefully this trend will continue over the next couple of days!

auntie said:
What can I say? All the Norwegian royal ladies are stunning tonight! Esp/ Princess MLouise who is a picture perfect Princess tonight! She is a younger version of her mother, but prettier if I might say so, with alot from her dad!

No, I don't agree, Queen Sonja is more beautiful than her daughter !:p
Well, we'll see when Märtha will be almost 70 ...

Larzen said:
The King and Queen of Spain will only attend Fridays event so Sofia is not packing her tiaras:ermm:

I wonder why the King and Queen of Spain will only attend Friday? Hmmm....

Can't wait to see national costumes!!

MM looked every inch the Norwegian Princess that she is. She has finally found a very flattering evening dress that shows her off to perfection. Her hair (finally) looks like she spent time on it. She kept it simple and elegant and it makes her look better than I have seen her in a very long, long time.
As for Martha Louise- I love her dress for once. She is normally so "over the top" with akward styles or loud colors.
Today the color was a bit on the loud side as compared to others, but still very lovely.
I still can't say much for her husband. He just looks "slimey" to me. Like he needs a very long hot bath with a lot of soap. And a razor. And a pair of scissors for a hair cut.:lol:

Is the Grand Gala (saterday) live on NRK or another?

Kristine Bernadotte

HH Princess Kristine Bernadotte née Rivelsrud is the widow of Prince Carl Gustaf Oscar Frederik Christian of Sweden, Duke of Östergötland (1911-2003).

Prince Carl was the youngest son of HRH Prince Carl of Sweden and Norway and of HRH Princess Ingeborg of Denmark.

In 1937 Prince Carl married Elsa Countess von Rosen, which was seen as an unconstitutional marriage (by marrying a Swedish citizen). He had to give up his princely titles and his rights of succession to Sweden.

His brother-in-law, King Leopold III of the Belgians helped him and elevated him as Prince Bernadotte into the Belgian Nobility, with the right for his descendants in the male lineage to bear the title Count(ess) Bernadotte.

Kristine is the Prince's third wife. Prince Carl was married to:
1st Elsa Countess von Rosen (married 1937 and divorced 1951)
2nd Ann Margareta Larsson (married 1954 and divorced 1961)
3rd Kristine Rivelsrud (married 1978 and surviving him since 2003)

Only his first marriage bore fruit: his daughter Madeline Countess Ullens de Schooten née Countess Bernadotte was born in his first marriage to Elsa Countess von Rosen.

Picture of HM Queen Sonja of Norway with HH Princess Kristine Bernadotte.

H.H. Princess Kristine Bernadotte is a stepmother to:
- Madeline Countess Ullens de Schooten née Countess Bernadotte

H.H. Princess Kristine Bernadotte is (was) an aunt (in-law) to:
- HM King Albert II of the Belgians
- HM the late King Baudouin of the Belgians
- HRH the late Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg née Princess of Belgium
- HM King Harald V of Norway
- HH Princess Ragnhild, fru Lorentzen
- HH Princess Astrid, fru Ferner
- HH the late Prince Georg of Denmark
- HH the late Prince Flemming of Denmark (Count of Rosenborg)

Last edited:
Thanks Henri M, I have never heard of her before - strange

I've never seen Mette-Marit look so 'perfect' :wub:

Its the most gorgeous fur I've seen in a long time and the evening dress...stunning! Subtle, dusty colours suit her perfectly.

Henri M. said:
HH Princess Kristine Bernadotte née Rivelsrud is the widow of Prince Carl Gustaf Oscar Frederik Christian of Sweden, Duke of Östergötland (1911-2003).

Prince Carl was the youngest son of HRH Prince Carl of Sweden and Norway and of HRH Princess Ingeborg of Denmark.

In 1937 Prince Carl married Elsa Countess von Rosen, which was seen as an unconstitutional marriage (by marrying a Swedish citizen). He had to give up his princely titles and his rights of succession to Sweden.

His brother-in-law, King Leopold III of the Belgians helped him and elevated him as Prince Bernadotte into the Belgian Nobility, with the right for his descendants in the male lineage to bear the title Count(ess) Bernadotte.

Kristine is the Prince's third wife. Prince Carl was married to:
1st Elsa Countess von Rosen (married 1937 and divorced 1951)
2nd Ann Margareta Larsson (married 1954 and divorced 1961)
3rd Kristine Rivelsrud (married 1978 and surviving him since 2003)

Only his first marriage bore fruit: his daughter Madeline Countess Ullens de Schooten née Countess Bernadotte was born in his first marriage to Elsa Countess von Rosen.

Picture of HM Queen Sonja of Norway with HH Princess Kristine Bernadotte.

H.H. Princess Kristine Bernadotte is a stepmother to:
- Madeline Countess Ullens de Schooten née Countess Bernadotte

H.H. Princess Kristine Bernadotte is (was) an aunt (in-law) to:
- HM King Albert II of the Belgians
- HM the late King Baudouin of the Belgians
- HRH the late Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg née Princess of Belgium
- HM King Harald V of Norway
- HH Princess Ragnhild, fru Lorentzen
- HH Princess Astrid, fru Ferner
- HH the late Prince Georg of Denmark (Count of Rosenborg)
- HH the late Prince Flemming of Denmark (Count of Rosenborg)
Prince Georg of Denmark did not become Count of Rosenborg as he had the consent of the King for his marriage.

RachelD said:
I wonder why the King and Queen of Spain will only attend Friday? Hmmm....
It seems we wont see them at all, according to this article they will land friday evening on the military part of the airport, they will not be in city hall, but go directly to the private and closed dinner at Skaugum where there most likely wont be any pictures from, and then fly back first thing saturday morning, so I dont think we can expect to see any pics of them this weekend:cool:

Cristina and Iãnki will attend all events on friday, saturday and sunday though if we should belive this article.

se og hør has some different pics from the dinner
Kongelig middag - Forsiden - www.seher.no

Norwegian royals help King Harald celebrate his 70th -
Article and Pictures from Hello.

HURRA, HURRA, HURRA! LARGA VIDA A SU MAJESTAD
Article and Pictures from Hola.

Larzen said:
It seems we wont see them at all, according to this article they will land friday evening on the military part of the airport, they will not be in city hall, but go directly to the private and closed dinner at Skaugum where there most likely wont be any pictures from, and then fly back first thing saturday morning, so I dont think we can expect to see any pics of them this weekend:cool:
That's really disappointing... :ermm: I was hoping for some Gala Pictures of the Spanish couple.

Last edited:
I'm very impressed with how regal Mette-Marit looked last night. What a stunning dress, she is a real beauty. She can do it, as long as she puts some effort into it! Go Mette! :flowers:

Stefan said:
Prince Georg of Denmark did not become Count of Rosenborg as he had the consent of the King for his marriage.

You are absolutely right.
My excuses. I was with my mind in the Rosenborg family.
I have corrected it in the original post.

Apparently I'm the only one who hates Mette-Marits dress. It has no colour and looks like my grandmothers nightgown :sad:

I love MM dress, is good to see her in softer colors and this dress is specially beautifull, clasic and with a great fabric.
M. Louise has such a beautiful face I don't like the recent look on her hubbie though, the Queen I didn't like how she looks, to "worked out" if you undestand me. ;)
Happy birthday to the King, I can't wait to see the Spanish Royal family appear.

Princess Mette Marit looks really regal here. But the Royal Couple is very elegant too! ;)

Vanesa.

Here is the press program, alot of pool-photography unfortunatly, but bigger than usual in Norway so there should be quite alot fo pictures available, from the gala on saturday we get the procession and the first dance
wink.gif

norwegian
http://www.kongehuset.no/c27428/binfil/download.php?tid=30789
english
http://www.kongehuset.no/c27428/binfil/download.php?tid=30790

the sleighride on sunday starts at noon (12.00) there will be no pictures from the dinner at Skaugum tonight.

Last edited:
how's the weather?
I hear there were a lot of blizzard and it's snowing heavily, so what happens to the airport and the royal arriving?:ermm:

I was worried since flights from Kastrup are having problems ( or so I heard);)
Thanks for the info Larzen!:flowers:

Can we see the tonight dinner in some Tv in Internet?

Paty said:
Can we see the tonight dinner in some Tv in Internet?
I don't think so..:ermm: It's said to be a private dinner. I think we won't get to see any pictures of it... but let's keep on crossing our fingers. ;)

Back
Top Bottom