70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Victoria and Daniel

Wonder whether he accompanies Victoria unofficially so everybody knows he´s there but doesn´t appear during the official festivities...
I mean, as far as I can remember he even was invited to King Carl-Gustav´s 60th birthday.

I don't think that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will attend. She rarely attends other outings other than the ones when she is on a State Visit.

At the moment prince Carl Philip is home and according to their website Kungahuset he also will go to norway.

The time table for the celebrations

10.00 The King recieves deputations in honour of his birthday - Royal Palace
12.05 The Royal Family attends service in The Trinity Church - Oslo
15.30 The Royal Family attends event in the Palace Park
20.00 The Royal Family attends the dinner given by the goverment in honour King Haralds 70th -Birthday at Akershus

18.00 The Royal Family and guests attends reception and cultural performance in Oslo City Hall

11.30 The Royal Family and guests visit Norwegian Musum of Cultural History

20.00 Gala dinner in honour of the King - The Royal Palace

The events on the 25th for those who are still in Norway seems to be considered private but since it is outside Im sure we will have pictures. I hower doubt we will get pictures from the dinner at Skaugum on the 23.

ARD will show a special programm about King Harald at Wednesday, 21th at 21:45 :

"Harald von Norwegen
Der Wikinger-König wird 70
Film von Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert"

(Harald of Norway, The Viking King turns 70)

theres quite a few British Royals attending the Kings 70th, you don't usually see Princess Anne at events like this.

Thanks for posting the guestlist Larzen. Who is "H.K.H. Prinsgemalen" from the Danish RF?

Prince-Consort Hendrik I think. The Dutch Prince-Gemaal means Prince-Consort in English, and as Dutch and Danish are not to different I deducted it to this :)

Her_Majesty said:
ARD will show a special programm about King Harald at Wednesday, 21th at 21:45 :

"Harald von Norwegen
Der Wikinger-König wird 70
Film von Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert"

(Harald of Norway, The Viking King turns 70)

ZDF will have live coverage tomorrow of the festivities in Oslo from 11.00AM onwards till 14.00PM.
:flowers:

lucien said:
ZDF will have live coverage tomorrow of the festivities in Oslo from 11.00AM onwards till 14.00PM.

Thanks for these information.
An article from Hola with an unofficial guestlist.

I would like to ask a question, will Marius be attending any of the "official" birthday celebrations? IMO Marius is not considered to be the equal of the "official" royal children. Although the Royal Family allows him to participate in their family celebrations such as weddings, christenings, royal birthdays of his "official" royal half-siblings, photo ops such as vacations (when he has not been sent off to be with his father), family weddings such as Mette Marit's brother's wedding (where he was most conspicuously absent in spite of the fact that he is "officially" a Hoiby) and of course the annual Christmas pictures where he is most often cut out of the pictures in which the focus (by parents and press alike) is mainly on the "royal" children. IMO the way that the "Official" Royal Family and their press corp treat Marius is elitist, offensive and discriminatory. He is officially dismissed by them as being a nonentity even when it comes to his own mother's "official" biography. The only mention of Marius is that he is tacked onto a paragraph of miscellaneous trivia about Mette Marit while her other "official" royal children are listed at the very beginning of her biography with full names and birthdates included. And in Haakon's biography he isn't considered worthy of any mention at all. So much for treating their children as equals (officially at least)!!! Will this Royal occasion be just another event in which Marius gets shoved into the shadows of the "official" royal family. And if he does get to attend, will every time his name is mentioned will it be followed by that horrible and insulting reminder ...Mette Marit's son from a former relationship. . . just so the world is once again reminded that he is in no way an "official" member of the Royal Family and therefore unworthy of the respect and attention that his "official" royal half-siblings will receive as their just due for being born to the "right" parents who cared enough about these children to be sure that they were married before they conceived.
I will bet that the most obscure "royal" in attendance at these festivities will get more attention and respect from the "Official Royal Family" than Marius will. The King's sister was not far off the mark when she said that as soon as Haakon and Mette Marit has their own "royal" children that Marius would be come " a nobody and a nothing"... And with each passing year and with each royal addition to the Crown Prince's family, Marius gets shoved more and more into the backround. The Royal Family does not treat him as an "officially" equal child. And that is the message that is sent out to the press and the world at large. While I hope that King Harald has a wonderful birthday celebration and lives to reign many more years, I would like to remind him and all of the Royal Family that if it were not for commoners just like Marius, their elite royal group would not be celebrating this birthday. The King owes his life and his royal position not to the fact that he was (like his royal children and grandchildren) born to the right parents, but to the many, many brave Norwegian commoners who by their bravery and courage saved Norway during the dark years of WWII. I am sorry if I have offended the many diehard "loyalists" who feel that every member of the Royal family is perfect and incapable of doing any wrong. But I will remind you that this is also a forum and not just a fan club. IMO it is the duty and responsibility of those who make any claim to being royalty to treat each and every person (royal and commoner alike) with equal respect and consideration whether in an official or unofficial capacity. IMO the Royal Family does not officially give this respect and consideration to Marius but rather treat him as an official nonentity. This occasion would be a great time to change their "official" way of dealing with Marius and accord him the respect and equal status which he is entitled both officially and unofficially.:neutral:

lsme said:
I would like to ask a question, will Marius be attending any of the "official" birthday celebrations?
On the new homepage of the Royal Family Marius got his own profile just like the other members of the Royal Family:
kongehuset.no - Kongefamilien
Marius has been totally accepted by the Royal Family (right from the beginning).

I think it's possible that we'll see Marius on one of the events together with his siblings and half-cousins.

See the new Family Portraits here in the Family Thread.

Last edited:
lucien said:
ZDF will have live coverage tomorrow of the festivities in Oslo from 11.00AM onwards till 13.00PM.
:flowers:

And from 15.00PM till 16.15 as well,sorry,forgot to mention that earlyer.
:wub:

This sounds like it's going to be one smashing soiree! When was the last time this many royals got together for an event that WASN'T a wedding/funeral?

lsme said:
I would like to ask a question, will Marius be attending any of the "official" birthday celebrations? IMO Marius is not considered to be the equal of the "official" royal children. Although the Royal Family allows him to participate in their family celebrations such as weddings, christenings, royal birthdays of his "official" royal half-siblings, photo ops such as vacations (when he has not been sent off to be with his father), family weddings such as Mette Marit's brother's wedding (where he was most conspicuously absent in spite of the fact that he is "officially" a Hoiby) and of course the annual Christmas pictures where he is most often cut out of the pictures in which the focus (by parents and press alike) is mainly on the "royal" children. IMO the way that the "Official" Royal Family and their press corp treat Marius is elitist, offensive and discriminatory. He is officially dismissed by them as being a nonentity even when it comes to his own mother's "official" biography. The only mention of Marius is that he is tacked onto a paragraph of miscellaneous trivia about Mette Marit while her other "official" royal children are listed at the very beginning of her biography with full names and birthdates included. And in Haakon's biography he isn't considered worthy of any mention at all. So much for treating their children as equals (officially at least)!!! Will this Royal occasion be just another event in which Marius gets shoved into the shadows of the "official" royal family. And if he does get to attend, will every time his name is mentioned will it be followed by that horrible and insulting reminder ...Mette Marit's son from a former relationship. . . just so the world is once again reminded that he is in no way an "official" member of the Royal Family and therefore unworthy of the respect and attention that his "official" royal half-siblings will receive as their just due for being born to the "right" parents who cared enough about these children to be sure that they were married before they conceived.
I will bet that the most obscure "royal" in attendance at these festivities will get more attention and respect from the "Official Royal Family" than Marius will. The King's sister was not far off the mark when she said that as soon as Haakon and Mette Marit has their own "royal" children that Marius would be come " a nobody and a nothing"... And with each passing year and with each royal addition to the Crown Prince's family, Marius gets shoved more and more into the backround. The Royal Family does not treat him as an "officially" equal child. And that is the message that is sent out to the press and the world at large. While I hope that King Harald has a wonderful birthday celebration and lives to reign many more years, I would like to remind him and all of the Royal Family that if it were not for commoners just like Marius, their elite royal group would not be celebrating this birthday. The King owes his life and his royal position not to the fact that he was (like his royal children and grandchildren) born to the right parents, but to the many, many brave Norwegian commoners who by their bravery and courage saved Norway during the dark years of WWII. I am sorry if I have offended the many diehard "loyalists" who feel that every member of the Royal family is perfect and incapable of doing any wrong. But I will remind you that this is also a forum and not just a fan club. IMO it is the duty and responsibility of those who make any claim to being royalty to treat each and every person (royal and commoner alike) with equal respect and consideration whether in an official or unofficial capacity. IMO the Royal Family does not officially give this respect and consideration to Marius but rather treat him as an official nonentity. This occasion would be a great time to change their "official" way of dealing with Marius and accord him the respect and equal status which he is entitled both officially and unofficially.:neutral:

Marius was/is accepted by the RF right from the beginning in a very loving caring way and always attends official gatherings,
except State Visits ofcourse.
Furthermore you mention Haakon's biography,well he didn't write that himself now did he?There are official biographies and those
written to make an extra buck without getting near to any thruth.
No need to remind me/us that this is a forum and not some (celebrity) fanclub,so I'm sure you won't mind me saying your post is
rambling from beginning to end,after all,exchanging views is what a forum is for,but just make sure you have your facts right before you make any unfunded allegations.

Last edited:
Sister Morphine said:
This sounds like it's going to be one smashing soiree! When was the last time this many royals got together for an event that WASN'T a wedding/funeral?

The jubilee in Thailand last year is one I can think of,King Carl XVI Gustav's birthday the other,also last year.Looking forward to dear Trix 70th birthday next year,wonder if there will be a gathering of sorts again....but first things first,Harald 70th birthday now,Sonja's 70th on the fourth of july will be another gathering to look forward too....:flowers: :wub:

lsme said:
I would like to ask a question, will Marius be attending any of the "official" birthday celebrations? IMO Marius is not considered to be the equal of the "official" royal children. Although the Royal Family allows him to participate in their family celebrations such as weddings, christenings, royal birthdays of his "official" royal half-siblings, photo ops such as vacations (when he has not been sent off to be with his father), family weddings such as Mette Marit's brother's wedding (where he was most conspicuously absent in spite of the fact that he is "officially" a Hoiby) and of course the annual Christmas pictures where he is most often cut out of the pictures in which the focus (by parents and press alike) is mainly on the "royal" children. IMO the way that the "Official" Royal Family and their press corp treat Marius is elitist, offensive and discriminatory. He is officially dismissed by them as being a nonentity even when it comes to his own mother's "official" biography.

Never heard or read something so false! The Royal family has treated him always with great love, affection and respect (I don´t think all royal families would handle the situation in such a splendid way!)
Marius is included in all sorts of, more or less, official events many people even consider as unappropriate (I don´t!) for someone, who will never represent not Norway nor the Royal Family on an official basis.

Elitist, offensive and discriminatory? The opposite is the fact!

Last edited by a moderator:
lucien said:
And from 15.00PM till 16.15 as well,sorry,forgot to mention that earlyer.
:wub:
That's good. So when I hurry up after school I can watch the 15:00 broadcast... :lol:

wartenberg7 said:
Never heard or read something so false! The Royal family has treated him always with great love, affection and respect (I don´t think all royal families would handle the situation in such a splendid way!)
Marius is included in all sorts of, more or less, official events many people even consider as unappropriate (I don´t!) for someone, who will never represent not Norway nor the Royal Family on an official basis.
Exactly! Marius often joins his mother and step father to Family events (like the Coronation Celebrations last year).
It was clear right from the beginning that Marius has been accepted by the Royal Couple. He has always been integrated into Royal "Events". He was posing and playing with Queen Sonja already on the first Christmaspictures (in 2001 I think) and he's always pictures with the Royal Family on all Christmasshoot(just as an example)...They wouldn't so so if they didn't accept Marius as a member of their Family.

Last edited:
Good news for Her Majesty and Wartenberg7. I need never disturb you again with a post that you find offensive. I have just seen the new Royal Website and it is everything that I wanted to see done. I no longer have an ax to grind and all of you can rest easy that you will not be subjected to my "offensive" posts. I even emailed the Crown couple to let them know how much I appreciate the new format. And I agree that all of the King and Queen's grandchildren should be recognized in an equal manner. If things had been different, Martha would be the Crown Princess and not her younger brother.

Prefer Friday the 23th

I´d prefer German TV to broadcast on Friday the 23th instead of Wednesday. But I know this Lady Karen Webb will have difficulties to know the names of the guests (and is not too interested in it either) so she might be relieved to have to do her job only on Wednesday. Wonder whether she learned what´s the difference between Mette-Marit and Märtha-Louise....
Well, I wish all the lucky guys who can recieve TV2 on Friday that they can enjoy themselves.

i dont know but Marius is no royal titles but im sure he can let him go with his mother the Crown Princess M-M and step-dad also if HM Majesties can allowed Marius can attend King's 70th birthday? we have wait and see what Majesties says can bring m-m's only son

It's a pretty impressive list I must say! I'm disappointed Prince Guillaume of Luxumbourg isn't going but maybe he'd feel out of place as there's no one else really his age.

Anita said:
I'm so excited about tomorrow, I'm sure it will be great celebrations . Can't wait for tomorrow to come ...:w00t2:

German ZDF has these pics and video for you all to enjoy before the broadcast in less over an hour...:flowers:

ZDF.de - ZDF Royal

NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

It has started, only Marius in church, the rest of the grandchildren will probably show up in the park for the statue unveiling later today, but it is very cold in Oslo right now, -10 Celcius, so we will see

Larzen said:
NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

It has started, only Marius in church, the rest of the grandchildren will probably show up in the park for the statue unveiling later today, but it is very cold in Oslo right now, -10 Celcius, so we will see

And young children at the royal kids age don't find church too amusing in the long run :lol: Thanks for the link though, now I can watch it at work!

Last edited:
I like mette marit but why isn't she wearing a hat. The head band does not count to me. The queen and Martha are, I think she would have looked better and perhaps more formal for church .

Back
Top Bottom