The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway > King Harald and Queen Sonja

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #561  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,049
I just saw a good pic of Christina of Spain and I really like her dress she looks great. I love that deep blue color and the simplicity of the dress.
It's kind of weird to not see the K. and Q. of Spain tonight.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #562  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Difference in glitz and glam and gloria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien
Simply stunning!!!
The size and the quality of diamonds do define their glitter.
The diademes by Princess Laurentien and Princess Mabel did glitz quite a lot but these are set 'en tremblant' (a special technique in which the diamonds can move in their setting) which cause the sparkle.

You can see this with the top diamonds on Crown Princess Mary's diademe: they glittered more than the others because they are bigger and are more open to reflect and refract the light.

Most other ladies had small brilliants and quite fixed in a frame which causes less glitzing and glamming and gloria.

(Click twice to blow the picture!!!)


http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongehu...et:quality=100
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #563  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:16 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
I just saw a good pic of Christina of Spain and I really like her dress she looks great. I love that deep blue color and the simplicity of the dress.
It's kind of weird to not see the K. and Q. of Spain tonight.
Cristina is looking stunning on a NEW dress (thank you God!) :
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...070224-ari.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #564  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
The funny thing is that Mary looked fine yesterday night. She looked dignified and elegant, and simple, and that makes her disappointing ? I think you're asking very much from her(the poor woman is pregnant!), and it's your own faults that you are disappointed, after all you are the ones who put your hopes so high.
I agree.I'm bewildered by all the posts of her being "a disappointment", you would've thought that she showed up in a potato sack.

I thought she looked great, one the best dressed ladies of the night. The dress was beautiful ,it fit perfectly and had a few nice details around the belly area and her shoulders. My only qualms was that the dress would've looked better in an jewel tone color.Her hair and makeup were simple and perfect. I also loved her new fur coat. She looked very lovely and elegant imo.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2007/07022323.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=feb2310nl7.jpg]
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
Reply With Quote
  #565  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:22 PM
marilla's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lodz, Poland
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
I agree.I'm bewildered by all the posts of her being "a disappointment", you would've thought that she showed up in a potato sack.

I thought she looked great, one the best dressed ladies of the night. The dress was beautiful ,it fit perfectly and had a few nice details around the belly area and her shoulders. My only qualms was that the dress would've looked better in an jewel tone color.Her hair and makeup were simple and perfect. I also loved her new fur coat. She looked very lovely and elegant imo.
I think that her dress wasn't "photogenic", one really good full-lenght close-up of her dress was on danish royal watchers
Reply With Quote
  #566  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Avalon's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
One weird photo. The women are looking in the same direction as Haakon yet the other men are looking in a different direction. Spooky.
By the look of the Crown Princes faces, there is an extremely beautiful lady standing an the corner!
__________________
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Reply With Quote
  #567  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:27 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,859
Mathilde looks quite awful IMO. She appears to be wearing a trawler net. Princess Anne - take your coat off if you're staying dear. And Queen Anne-Marie, we love you but BUY A NEW FROCK!
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
Reply With Quote
  #568  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
By the look of the Crown Princes faces, there is an extremely beautiful lady standing an the corner!
Or a mirror with the reflection of their wives and that stunning beauty in purple!
Reply With Quote
  #569  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: newyork, United States
Posts: 479
I think Mathilde's dress is different it certainly isn't what she usually wears . It is good she is trying something new I wish a few of the others would.
Reply With Quote
  #570  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Mathilde looks quite awful IMO. She appears to be wearing a trawler net. Princess Anne - take your coat off if you're staying dear. And Queen Anne-Marie, we love you but BUY A NEW FROCK!

BeatrixFan, I thought you, of all people, would love the gown worn by Mathilde. I love it and I believe the use of fabric, the overexaggerated train, and color looked fantastic. I like the fact that she didn't play it safe.

I agree with you about Queen Anne Marie, nonetheless, she looks great.
Reply With Quote
  #571  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:32 PM
capricorninin's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
I think Mathilde's dress is different it certainly isn't what she usually wears . It is good she is trying something new I wish a few of the others would.
Agreed but it is a bit hollywoodish kind of thing IMO. More suited for the oscars on Monday than here.
__________________
A love as blind as the night, as deep as the ocean and as eternal as the universe !
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:33 PM
marilla's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lodz, Poland
Posts: 164
I think this article is about CP Mette-Marit and another princesses dresses


- Stilsikker kronprinsesse på slottsball
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Caswallan's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 85
I love Victoria's dress but I wish she would have worn the matching earrings, pin, and tiara. That would have been stunning.
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:35 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,859
Quote:
BeatrixFan, I thought you, of all people, would love the gown worn by Mathilde. I love it and I believe the use of fabric, the overexaggerated train, and color looked fantastic. I like the fact that she didn't play it safe.
Goodness me no. The heaxgons look too shiny and plasticky - are we sure Princess Elisabeth did make this dress for Mummy at nursery school? She should have gone along the lines of Grand Duchess Marie-Theresa who looks stunning. (+ Josephine-Charlotte forgive me)

Quote:
I agree with you about Queen Anne Marie, nonetheless, she looks great.
She does. Looks amazing. But in 20 years, every banquet, wedding, anniversary and birthday will have this woman standing there with a beautiful face and figure, clad in the same old blue outfit and parure. Alright, she's a bit hard up being an exile but do us a favour.
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
She does. Looks amazing. But in 20 years, every banquet, wedding, anniversary and birthday will have this woman standing there with a beautiful face and figure, clad in the same old blue outfit and parure. Alright, she's a bit hard up being an exile but do us a favour



Write her a letter expressing your concerns, and in the letter, why don't you give her some suggestions. I'm being silly, BeatrixFan. Despite the over use of the gown, at least she can still fit in it, right?
Reply With Quote
  #576  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:40 PM
fee's Avatar
fee fee is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 159
Mathildes dress reminds me of the exploded tomato, that Maxima wore in Sweden
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:41 PM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 943
Mary - I stick with my opinion of the gown - it's beautiful, but I have to admit that I am disappointed. I was expecting a new gown. Anyways, I think Mary looked very regal and beautiful tonight. I JUST WISH SHE HAD WORN A NEW DRESS

Victoria - Funny idea about matching the dress and the jewels, but the fabric of the dress isn't really working for me, and she somehow looked drab tonight, I think it's the makeup that does it. Beautiful necklace though.

Mathilde - Ugly, ugly dress, but doesn't she just have the loveliest face? Her makeup is perfect, best of all ladies, hair is beautiful, so she gets away with it. It looks like she gained some weight, which really looks good on her.

Maxima - She looks very beatiful. Every inch stunning. She's wearing very beautiful colors, that complements her skin- and hairtone. I love her hair, and I am so jealous of that tiara and those earings. Laurentien, Mabel and Maxima are so lucky, too have such a generous mother-in-law!

Mette-Marit - I love the dress' fabric, but I am not too keen on Mette-Marit's hair and/or makeup. She looks nice tonight.
__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:42 PM
corazon's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: -In some dark place-, Argentina
Posts: 2,080
I absolutly love the official photos!!! everybody look so happy!
maxima is radiant!!!!
the martha louise's girls are so so adorables!
__________________
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:42 PM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
The size and the quality of diamonds do define their glitter.
The diademes by Princess Laurentien and Princess Mabel did glitz quite a lot but these are set 'en tremblant' (a special technique in which the diamonds can move in their setting) which cause the sparkle.

You can see this with the top diamonds on Crown Princess Mary's diademe: they glittered more than the others because they are bigger and are more open to reflect and refract the light.

Most other ladies had small brilliants and quite fixed in a frame which causes less glitzing and glamming and gloria.

(Click twice to blow the picture!!!)


http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongehu...et:quality=100
Thanks for the explanation Henri,my "stunning" was extended to Princess Máxima herself as well,she's drop dead gorgious even when carrying Alexander's birthday present..
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Virnabrisa2000's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 93
The Grand Duchess María Teresa this very elegant one:):)
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
70th birthday celebrations of Queen Sonja norwegianne King Harald and Queen Sonja 282 08-26-2016 02:04 AM
Suggestions for King Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday celebrations: April 2016 muriel King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 33 02-26-2016 04:59 AM
Queen Margrethe's 70th Birthday Celebrations: March-June 2010 JessRulz Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik 651 12-08-2015 01:44 AM
75th Birthday celebrations of King Harald and Queen Sonja - May 2012 fairy tale Royal House of Norway 28 09-25-2012 08:00 AM
King Juan Carlos's 70th Birthday Celebrations: January 5, 2008 lula King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia 107 02-11-2008 09:25 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess stephanie queen elizabeth 90 birthday queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion satan september 2016 sheikh hamdan bin mohammed state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises