70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HMQueenElizabethII said:
I think she wore the Order of Garter,BeatrixFan and it might be the effect of the light.Because at the end of her ribbon, we can see the gold badge, if i wasn't wrong, i think it's the Garter badge.
I saw one picture of The Duchess of Gloucester walked along with Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, i think she wore the same dress as well as tiara she wore at the Lord Mayor's Dinner during the Norwegian Official Visit in October 2005.

I also think Anne's sash belongs to the Order of the Thistle. In all the pictures I've seen, the sash is clearly green and the badge is not the same as the Garter's. I wouldn't be surprised if she wore it due to Norway's centuries-old history with Scotland. When Norwegian royals visit Great Britain, they tend to include stops in Scotland. Norway also has a consulate in Edinburgh.

pinklady1991 said:
Albert walked in with the President of Norway -- the one that looks as if she could be Conan O'Brien's mother.

Albert is walking with Tarja Halonen, the president of Finland:rolleyes:;)

Oh I quite LIKE Mathilde's dress! The effect of the confetti on her skirt moving in the light must have been quite spectacular for the people there.

It may be one of those dresses that just looks too busy when photographed but I imagine it was quite impressive in person.

I do love Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden’s purple dress but it would have been nice for her to have worn her amethyst tiara.

Is there anyone there representing Japan or Liechtenstein?

Ok, all of the ladies tonight looked absolutely beautiful. Even though Madeleine, Mary & Maxima recycled I was glad at the choices they did recycle. The green on Maxima I love, love, love!!!
Mette-Marit is a beauty! Beautiful dress, and if I may agree with other members who said this she does indeed look as if she is expecting. How great would that be! 4 darlings for Norway, plus Martha Louise's 2.
Martha Louise looked better tonight then last night. Maria Theresa as always was breathtaking. Sonja and Silivia both nice gowns, not the greatest though. Victoria looked fantastic!
Ari Behn is looking old with the gray in his hair showing. He also needs to shave and cut his hair.

ZandraRae said:
Ari Behn is looking old with the gray in his hair showing. He also needs to shave and cut his hair.

I completely agree, he looks AWFUL. The hair, the facial hair.....ick.

I really can't get over how great Madeleine looked tonight [well, it's still Saturday where I am]. I love that dress and I wish I had it for myself. :lol:

Thanks everyone for posting links to photos. It's been wonderful to see the all the royals together.
I am not sure are Princess Mathilde's dress ! But the photos of her in the brown outfit in the snow certainly make up for it.

A few more pictures from side2.no Side 2

And again... Happy birthday to the King:flowers:

She also might be sick....we don't know why she wasn't there.

Who is the woman (red hair, grey dress) on the far right (as we face it) of the large group photograph on the Danish royalwatchers website?

The group picture of all the young princes and princesses is horrendous!! The guys look weird. Maxima looks amazing!!! Her dress, her hair, she looks like a true princess. Mette-Marit, I'm sorry, as much as I want to find something nice to say, there is nothing I like about her dress/hair/etc. No matter how expensive the dress/tiara, she does not look like a princess to me. Mary looks okay. Nothing spectacular. I love Cristina's dress. She looks great, great. She is a true princess!!! She has class, she is elegant, she is who she is. Great!!

OMG! Best event of the whole birthday!! :D I loved all the gowns, except Mathilde's (the bottom half reminds me of fish scales :neutral: ) and Astrid's (a little too poofy for my liking).

Last edited by a moderator:
All the ladies were lovely tonight. I loved the way Maxima looked. Her hair was a classic! Maria Theresa was also very elegant and Martha Louise.

ysbel said:
Oh I quite LIKE Mathilde's dress! The effect of the confetti on her skirt moving in the light must have been quite spectacular for the people there.

It may be one of those dresses that just looks too busy when photographed but I imagine it was quite impressive in person.

I had that same thought! I haven't been able to decide whether I like it or not. But I imagine it probably looked very nice if she and Philippe danced at all. I can picture it really flowing very well on a dance floor.

KelliB said:
Who is the woman (red hair, grey dress) on the far right (as we face it) of the large group photograph on the Danish royalwatchers website?

That would be the president of Finland.

ZandraRae said:
Victoria looked fantastic!

Spot on in both cases.

"The group picture of all the young princes and princesses is horrendous!! The guys look weird. "

Absolutely. Such a strange photo.

I really like the tiaras on Mary and Maxima. Can anyone identify them?

I was not that fond of Maxima's dress. The color looks good on her but tonight the effect was casual rather than glamourous. Maxima didn't stand out.

ysbel said:
I really like the tiaras on Mary and Maxima. Can anyone identify them?
Mary: her wedding tiara;
Maxima: the Pavlovnik pearl spike tiara.

Looking at the pictures again, i must say that Mary looks much better from the dinner and that dress lookes nicer than when she wore it the first time. The picture of the Norwegian royals on the balcon was nice, looked like it was a very cold night, but they all looked great

KelliB said:
Countess Ruth of Rosenborg, widow of Count Flemming and cousin iof Harald.

RoyalKnottie said:
Wow! What a night!

Best Dressed:

CP Victoria
CP Mary
CP Maxima
Princess Anne

Worst Dressed:
Mabel (atleast this dress covers her but what is with the white puffy purse??)
ANP Beeldbank

Mathilde (from the waist down)

That is Princess Astrid:) ( In the picture)

Back
Top Bottom