70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight

Madeleine lookes gorgeous tonight! She wears the blue dress she wore at the obel Prize Ceremony and her looks wonderful! :flowers:

They all look stunning!

Henri M. said:
According to Stefan:

Princess Máxima wore Queen Anna Paulovna's Pavolnik Diademe with the upright pearls.

Princess Laurentien wore Queen Emma's floral motif diamond diademe (the Queen's favourite diademe)

Princess Mabel... still waiting.

I really like it that the Queen is so generous. This will be the 11th or 12th different diademe for Máxima (!).

I have see a group-photo on another board.
pobably mabel wears her wedding tiara but it is hard to tell.
There is a big one with all guests, on with the heirs and another wit the heads-of-state.

I eagerly await pictures of the Princess Royal; I look forward to seeing which tiara she chooses to wear for this event.

Mette-Marit is the belle again, joined by Maxima and Mathilde.
I am not really fan of either Maxima's and Mathilde's dresses actually but Maxima's hair look amazing and that makes the whole outfit looks good. Mathilde's dress looks amazing on her.

Victoria, Mary and Madeline - nice but plain.

Edit: Once I had a clearer view of the gowns, I've changed my opinion a little.
I'm still all for Mette-Marit's and Mathilde's dress.
Maxima - her dress doesn't work for me but the hair look perfect.
Victoria - her dress suits her, it's her colour and the jewels are splendid.
Mary - I still think it's a bit plain but she looks very good, sort of glowing.
Madeline - I still don't like it.

Last edited:
It does certainly seem that Madeleine has redeemed herself. Tonight's dress is a much better choice.

I'm waiting to see a few more pics of Victoria's dress but I love the color of it so far.

Maxima looks lovely. Great choice of color and cut for her.

Martha-Louise looks stunning. I reserve that word for only certain times and I think this time it can be used b/c she looks wonderful. Dress, hair, her whole look is stunning.

As for Mette-Marit I love the color and the style of her dress. But I want to see more pics.

Now for the beautiful Q. Sonja, I really like her dress tonight better than last night. I think the color suits her well.

Not so sure about Mathilde's dress yet. I need to see more pics.

I like Mary's dress much better than last night's as well. I know it's not new but the cut suits her so much better, IMO.

RoyalKnottie said:
I love this photo! I love group photos of the next generation!

Group Photos

This is indeed a great group picture. Maxima and Mathilde look beautiful. I adore mathilde's dress, its simply stunning.

RoyalKnottie said:
I love this photo! I love group photos of the next generation!

Group Photos

I love this pic, all the ladies look wonderful. And the men look great as well but it seems that only Haakon is looking into the camera the rest seem to be looking off to the side. :lol:

sidenote: I can't get over how great Maxima's hair has looked during these events. So shiny and sleek!

Dennism said:
One weird photo. The women are looking in the same direction as Haakon yet the other men are looking in a different direction. Spooky.

I swear Dennism I didn't see your post before I made mine. We posted basically the same observation.:ROFLMAO:

Aurora810 said:
I swear Dennism I didn't see your post before I made mine. We posted basically the same observation.:ROFLMAO:

Great minds think alike. :)

Maria-teresa from tonight.She looks very pretty I also think she looks very elegent, im loving her dress - picture

I just saw a good pic of Christina of Spain and I really like her dress she looks great. I love that deep blue color and the simplicity of the dress.
It's kind of weird to not see the K. and Q. of Spain tonight.

Difference in glitz and glam and gloria

lucien said:
Simply stunning!!!
:wub:

The size and the quality of diamonds do define their glitter.
The diademes by Princess Laurentien and Princess Mabel did glitz quite a lot but these are set 'en tremblant' (a special technique in which the diamonds can move in their setting) which cause the sparkle.

You can see this with the top diamonds on Crown Princess Mary's diademe: they glittered more than the others because they are bigger and are more open to reflect and refract the light.

Most other ladies had small brilliants and quite fixed in a frame which causes less glitzing and glamming and gloria.

(Click twice to blow the picture!!!)

http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongehuset/26/65/storage/file.image.jpg/Scale?geometry=3000x2000>&Set:quality=100

Last edited:
MissSaga said:
The funny thing is that Mary looked fine yesterday night. She looked dignified and elegant, and simple, and that makes her disappointing ? I think you're asking very much from her(the poor woman is pregnant!), and it's your own faults that you are disappointed, after all you are the ones who put your hopes so high.

I agree.I'm bewildered by all the posts of her being "a disappointment", you would've thought that she showed up in a potato sack.

I thought she looked great, one the best dressed ladies of the night. The dress was beautiful ,it fit perfectly and had a few nice details around the belly area and her shoulders. My only qualms was that the dress would've looked better in an jewel tone color.Her hair and makeup were simple and perfect. I also loved her new fur coat. She looked very lovely and elegant imo.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2007/07022323.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=feb2310nl7.jpg]

Last edited:
Alisa said:
I agree.I'm bewildered by all the posts of her being "a disappointment", you would've thought that she showed up in a potato sack.

I thought she looked great, one the best dressed ladies of the night. The dress was beautiful ,it fit perfectly and had a few nice details around the belly area and her shoulders. My only qualms was that the dress would've looked better in an jewel tone color.Her hair and makeup were simple and perfect. I also loved her new fur coat. She looked very lovely and elegant imo.
I think that her dress wasn't "photogenic", one really good full-lenght close-up of her dress was on danish royal watchers

Last edited:
Dennism said:
One weird photo. The women are looking in the same direction as Haakon yet the other men are looking in a different direction. Spooky.

By the look of the Crown Princes faces, there is an extremely beautiful lady standing an the corner! :lol:

Mathilde looks quite awful IMO. She appears to be wearing a trawler net. Princess Anne - take your coat off if you're staying dear. And Queen Anne-Marie, we love you but BUY A NEW FROCK!

Avalon said:
By the look of the Crown Princes faces, there is an extremely beautiful lady standing an the corner! :lol:

Or a mirror with the reflection of their wives and that stunning beauty in purple! :)

I think Mathilde's dress is different it certainly isn't what she usually wears . It is good she is trying something new I wish a few of the others would.

BeatrixFan said:
Mathilde looks quite awful IMO. She appears to be wearing a trawler net. Princess Anne - take your coat off if you're staying dear. And Queen Anne-Marie, we love you but BUY A NEW FROCK!

BeatrixFan, I thought you, of all people, would love the gown worn by Mathilde. I love it and I believe the use of fabric, the overexaggerated train, and color looked fantastic. I like the fact that she didn't play it safe.

I agree with you about Queen Anne Marie, nonetheless, she looks great.

Back
Top Bottom