70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Henri M. said:
Amen to that.

Not because I'm Dutch, but because they look as they have spend most efforts in their appearance, also with giving attention to accessoires and jewls, etc. Also all three couples had beaming smiles, that helps for the 'overall' image.

:lol:

Yes... the three Dutch ladies looks finaly fantastic...

I think they all look lovely and seem to be having a good time. Mabels dress isn't revealing anything I think her dress has a lining that is a different color to her skin. As for anne she has nicer capes than this thing I know she likes to recycle but some things should never be seen twice.

Last edited:
It is beautiful all photo royal family!!! Happy Birthday King Harald 70th birthday!!!! Many guest is much beautiful dress on King Haralds 70th birthday!!! Photo tonight princess Madeleine Kogenvias and Princess Astrid?

Madeleine looks like a rich spoiled kid to me. She knows that she was born a lucky child, one that plays with rich kids only and attends those fancy parties just so to see her picture in a glossy magazine the next day. It's all about her (oh so pretty!) me!!. What's with the never ending tan, kid? And fur, for a 24 year old, give me a break.

http://cache.aftenposten.no/multimedia/archive/00518/FESTFORESTILLING_sx_518547h.jpg

Victoria on the other hand, looks effortlessly beautiful. I think she is heavily aware of what life is really about.

I love M-M's dress. With her coat off, you can see the design and its very nice. Also liked Mary's dress. Madeleine, of course, looked stunning imo.
I think Mabels dress was innapropriate for a royal event. I may not have a problem with her wearing that to another non-royal function, but to the King's birthday celebrations, I think its wrong.

christinacg said:
Madeleine, of course, looked stunning imo.

Can you explain what was so 'stunning' in Princess Madeleine?

Am I missing something?

Henri M. said:
Can you explain what was so 'stunning' in Princess Madeleine?

Am I missing something?

Princess madeleine wears not a long evening dress...

christinacg said:
I love M-M's dress. With her coat off, you can see the design and its very nice. Also liked Mary's dress. Madeleine, of course, looked stunning imo.
I think Mabels dress was innapropriate for a royal event. I may not have a problem with her wearing that to another non-royal function, but to the King's birthday celebrations, I think its wrong.
i concur, since she's the only princess present under the age of 30, what she wore was fashionable and appropriate for a birthday bash. Besides, what's with this 'can you explain yourself' if you think s/o fashion sense was good enough:rolleyes: to each his/her own, without being jumped @

Princess Laurentien wearing three prongs?

I wonder if HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands was wearing three prongs from the gold-and-diamond East Indies Diademe? One big prong as broche and two smaller prongs as earrings?

If that is so, she was wearing quite a lot of diamonds then! I like it that Maman gives 'her girls' so easily access to the cassettes with jewelry...

:flowers:

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
I wonder if HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands was wearing three prongs from the gold-and-diamond East Indies Diademe? One big prong as broche and two smaller prongs as earrings?

If that is so, she was wearing quite a lot of diamonds then! I like it that Mamman gives 'her girls' so easily access to the cassettes with jewelry...

Yes I think so...

Side2 has a little gallery of the event:
Side 2
Scroll down to see pictures!

wartenberg7 said:
Pss Mabel´s upper body (except the bosom) only covered by lace?!:ohmy:
Very unappropriate in the presence of Royalty!
Thanks Goodness! I thought that I was the only one that thought she was dressed inappropriately. Well actually, what I thought was that Queen Beatrix must been impressed that two of her daughter-in-laws looks stunning and shocked to know that the third one looked like a tramp! If only the shoulders and very top of her dress had been lace and the rest black then I would have said bravo Mabel, but with only the bra showing!?!?!?:wacko: Is she purposely trying to embarrass the Dutch royal family!?!?!? Or is she really that naive?!?!?

Henri M. said:

If that is so, she was wearing quite a lot of diamonds then! I like it that Mamman gives 'her girls' so easily access to the cassettes with jewelry...

I think you're right Henri,they seem like the prongs.Mamman is besothed with Her girls,absolutely marvelous they're obviously free to use whatever pieces they think appropiate,just waiting for our Stuart diamond to appear one day soon:wub:

All three so totally impressive tonight,each in their own distinction,très tres chic.

Last edited:
princess gertrude said:
Thanks Goodness! I thought that I was the only one that thought she was dressed inappropriately. Well actually, what I thought was that Queen Beatrix must been impressed that two of her daughter-in-laws looks stunning and shocked to know that the third one looked like a tramp! If only the shoulders and very top of her dress had been lace and the rest black then I would have said bravo Mabel, but with only the bra showing!?!?!?:wacko: Is she purposely trying to embarrass the Dutch royal family!?!?!? Or is she really that naive?!?!?

Did Princess Mabel actually reveal any naked skin, cleavage or breasts?

I found Princess Madeleine's babydoll far more inappropriate than the exquise lace gown worn by Princess Mabel.

My favourite of the evening , Princess Alexandra SWB, she looked so classy and refined, a 1000 times more elgant than the bleeched blond on Joachims other arm
http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=58449_sx0bdef2_122_103lo.jpg

Other favourites Mette-Marit
http://img19.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=58883_sx0bdfef_122_110lo.jpg

Laurentien
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2007/07022317.jpg

and Maxima, mostly because she made a very symphatetic impression during the broadcast I thought, and she finally had nice hair and makeup

I think the Grand Duchess and Silvia also chosen nice dresses even if we have seen them before

princess gertrude said:

No no dear Gertrude,we're just not that frumpy.....nor are most Royal Families when it comes to that.Not directly pointed at anyone in particular,but I would love to be a fly on the wall at some posters homes:rolleyes: ,just to have a peak at what these self proclaimed fashion experts are all about.....and then post the pics here,just for laughs darling:wub: .

They are just wonderfull people having a good time,and dear I say,some of the sleaves are worth more then a months salary to many,and if we would see them all in front of us in the flesh,they would look so different then any picture can show,because you're in front of some beaming personalities totally letting you forget one doesn't agree with their attire partially or more,they knock you out of your pantyhose by their sheer appearance alone.:flowers:

I am not sure how appropriate the exquisite lace is.:neutral:
It doesn't reveal naked skin, but it shows the bra, in fact the bra is an intergral part of the design, which would be cute in a nightie....

Henri M. said:
Did Princess Mabel actually reveal any naked skin, cleavage or breasts?

I found Princess Madeleine's babydoll far more inappropriate than the exquise lace gown worn by Princess Mabel.

Well, I think both could have done better. But "babydoll" is pretty much accurate :lol: I´d say Madeleine lost a little bit her common sense over all the admiration, she is getting in Norway. She tried to be extra sexy and good looking...and failed.
BTW Henri...was it you, who had once an extra fanpage on Madeleine (part of an other webpage)?

Lena said:
BTW Henri...was it you, who had once an extra fanpage on Madeleine (part of an other webpage)?

Heu... no... I have never been such a fan of La Madeleine.
She is too Britney and Paris Hilton to me.

I love Victoria but I wish she would do something about that hair.......

Mette-Marit looked fab! :flowers:

Crown Princess Mary

Of course, there is another evening coming, but don't you think Crown Princess Mary was the surprise of the evening, whith her uncharacterstic gloomy appearance?

Back
Top Bottom