The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway > King Harald and Queen Sonja

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 02-22-2007, 12:38 PM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
Norwegian royals help King Harald celebrate his 70th
Norwegian royals help King Harald celebrate his 70th
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 02-22-2007, 12:51 PM
corazon's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: -In some dark place-, Argentina
Posts: 2,080
martha louise look especacular in the dinner, mette marit lost a lot of weight!!!
none photo with all the family and the kids?
__________________

__________________
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 02-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
The guests will arrive at Gardermoen tomorrow from around 13.00 norwegian time, so airport pictures should appear in the online papers along the day after that.

It is no doubt which royal guests are most expected in the Norwegian press, the norwegian breakfast shows are already showing adds that they are preparing for the Arrival of the Swedish Dream Princesses

The King and Queen of Spain will only attend Fridays event so Sofia is not packing her tiaras
__________________
"Those who do not like you fall into two categories, the stupid and the envious"
-The Libertine
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 02-22-2007, 12:57 PM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
i wanted tell him happy 70th birthday to His Majesty King Harald of Norway

i cant wait see lots of royals for King's 70th birthday and parties,lunches,gala dinners.

im sure about Earl and Countess of Wessex will come or not and Princess Anne come or not im hope so
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 02-22-2007, 01:00 PM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,000
Everyone looks just fantastic! I can't get over MM's dress and accessories, just perfect! Hopefully this trend will continue over the next couple of days!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 02-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Anita's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rom, Italy
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
What can I say? All the Norwegian royal ladies are stunning tonight! Esp/ Princess MLouise who is a picture perfect Princess tonight! She is a younger version of her mother, but prettier if I might say so, with alot from her dad!


No, I don't agree, Queen Sonja is more beautiful than her daughter !
Well, we'll see when Märtha will be almost 70 ...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 02-22-2007, 01:19 PM
RachelD's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My Home, United States
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen

The King and Queen of Spain will only attend Fridays event so Sofia is not packing her tiaras
I wonder why the King and Queen of Spain will only attend Friday? Hmmm....

Can't wait to see national costumes!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 02-22-2007, 02:04 PM
sesa's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: orange, United States
Posts: 615
MM looked every inch the Norwegian Princess that she is. She has finally found a very flattering evening dress that shows her off to perfection. Her hair (finally) looks like she spent time on it. She kept it simple and elegant and it makes her look better than I have seen her in a very long, long time.
As for Martha Louise- I love her dress for once. She is normally so "over the top" with akward styles or loud colors.
Today the color was a bit on the loud side as compared to others, but still very lovely.
I still can't say much for her husband. He just looks "slimey" to me. Like he needs a very long hot bath with a lot of soap. And a razor. And a pair of scissors for a hair cut.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 02-22-2007, 02:55 PM
rop81's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Middle of nowhere, Sweden
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Sverige

H.H. Prinsesse Kristine Bernadotte
Who is this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 02-22-2007, 03:16 PM
royalgertjan's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hendrik Ido Ambacht, Netherlands
Posts: 210
Is the Grand Gala (saterday) live on NRK or another?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 02-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Kristine Bernadotte

HH Princess Kristine Bernadotte née Rivelsrud is the widow of Prince Carl Gustaf Oscar Frederik Christian of Sweden, Duke of Östergötland (1911-2003).

Prince Carl was the youngest son of HRH Prince Carl of Sweden and Norway and of HRH Princess Ingeborg of Denmark.

In 1937 Prince Carl married Elsa Countess von Rosen, which was seen as an unconstitutional marriage (by marrying a Swedish citizen). He had to give up his princely titles and his rights of succession to Sweden.

His brother-in-law, King Leopold III of the Belgians helped him and elevated him as Prince Bernadotte into the Belgian Nobility, with the right for his descendants in the male lineage to bear the title Count(ess) Bernadotte.

Kristine is the Prince's third wife. Prince Carl was married to:
1st Elsa Countess von Rosen (married 1937 and divorced 1951)
2nd Ann Margareta Larsson (married 1954 and divorced 1961)
3rd Kristine Rivelsrud (married 1978 and surviving him since 2003)

Only his first marriage bore fruit: his daughter Madeline Countess Ullens de Schooten née Countess Bernadotte was born in his first marriage to Elsa Countess von Rosen.

Picture of HM Queen Sonja of Norway with HH Princess Kristine Bernadotte.

H.H. Princess Kristine Bernadotte is a stepmother to:
- Madeline Countess Ullens de Schooten née Countess Bernadotte

H.H. Princess Kristine Bernadotte is (was) an aunt (in-law) to:
- HM King Albert II of the Belgians
- HM the late King Baudouin of the Belgians
- HRH the late Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg née Princess of Belgium
- HM King Harald V of Norway
- HH Princess Ragnhild, fru Lorentzen
- HH Princess Astrid, fru Ferner
- HH the late Prince Georg of Denmark
- HH the late Prince Flemming of Denmark (Count of Rosenborg)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 02-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11
what a great looking crownprincess!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 02-22-2007, 03:32 PM
rop81's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Middle of nowhere, Sweden
Posts: 560
Thanks Henri M, I have never heard of her before - strange
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 02-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
I've never seen Mette-Marit look so 'perfect'

Its the most gorgeous fur I've seen in a long time and the evening dress...stunning! Subtle, dusty colours suit her perfectly.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 02-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
HH Princess Kristine Bernadotte née Rivelsrud is the widow of Prince Carl Gustaf Oscar Frederik Christian of Sweden, Duke of Östergötland (1911-2003).

Prince Carl was the youngest son of HRH Prince Carl of Sweden and Norway and of HRH Princess Ingeborg of Denmark.

In 1937 Prince Carl married Elsa Countess von Rosen, which was seen as an unconstitutional marriage (by marrying a Swedish citizen). He had to give up his princely titles and his rights of succession to Sweden.

His brother-in-law, King Leopold III of the Belgians helped him and elevated him as Prince Bernadotte into the Belgian Nobility, with the right for his descendants in the male lineage to bear the title Count(ess) Bernadotte.

Kristine is the Prince's third wife. Prince Carl was married to:
1st Elsa Countess von Rosen (married 1937 and divorced 1951)
2nd Ann Margareta Larsson (married 1954 and divorced 1961)
3rd Kristine Rivelsrud (married 1978 and surviving him since 2003)

Only his first marriage bore fruit: his daughter Madeline Countess Ullens de Schooten née Countess Bernadotte was born in his first marriage to Elsa Countess von Rosen.

Picture of HM Queen Sonja of Norway with HH Princess Kristine Bernadotte.

H.H. Princess Kristine Bernadotte is a stepmother to:
- Madeline Countess Ullens de Schooten née Countess Bernadotte

H.H. Princess Kristine Bernadotte is (was) an aunt (in-law) to:
- HM King Albert II of the Belgians
- HM the late King Baudouin of the Belgians
- HRH the late Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg née Princess of Belgium
- HM King Harald V of Norway
- HH Princess Ragnhild, fru Lorentzen
- HH Princess Astrid, fru Ferner
- HH the late Prince Georg of Denmark (Count of Rosenborg)
- HH the late Prince Flemming of Denmark (Count of Rosenborg)
Prince Georg of Denmark did not become Count of Rosenborg as he had the consent of the King for his marriage.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 02-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
I wonder why the King and Queen of Spain will only attend Friday? Hmmm....
It seems we wont see them at all, according to this article they will land friday evening on the military part of the airport, they will not be in city hall, but go directly to the private and closed dinner at Skaugum where there most likely wont be any pictures from, and then fly back first thing saturday morning, so I dont think we can expect to see any pics of them this weekend

Cristina and Iãnki will attend all events on friday, saturday and sunday though if we should belive this article.

se og hør has some different pics from the dinner
Kongelig middag - Forsiden - www.seher.no
__________________
"Those who do not like you fall into two categories, the stupid and the envious"
-The Libertine
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 02-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bochum, Germany
Posts: 8,555
Norwegian royals help King Harald celebrate his 70th -
Article and Pictures from Hello.

HURRA, HURRA, HURRA! LARGA VIDA A SU MAJESTAD
Article and Pictures from Hola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
It seems we wont see them at all, according to this article they will land friday evening on the military part of the airport, they will not be in city hall, but go directly to the private and closed dinner at Skaugum where there most likely wont be any pictures from, and then fly back first thing saturday morning, so I dont think we can expect to see any pics of them this weekend
That's really disappointing... I was hoping for some Gala Pictures of the Spanish couple.
__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 02-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Maxie's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The great city of N., Netherlands
Posts: 1,466
I'm very impressed with how regal Mette-Marit looked last night. What a stunning dress, she is a real beauty. She can do it, as long as she puts some effort into it! Go Mette!
__________________
Toute royale
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 02-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Prince Georg of Denmark did not become Count of Rosenborg as he had the consent of the King for his marriage.
You are absolutely right.
My excuses. I was with my mind in the Rosenborg family.
I have corrected it in the original post.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 02-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 71
Apparently I'm the only one who hates Mette-Marits dress. It has no colour and looks like my grandmothers nightgown
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enthronement of King Harald V. in 1991 Josefine King Harald and Queen Sonja 50 02-03-2013 04:42 PM
The King's 50th Birthday Celebrations; April 1996 Josefine King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 51 11-19-2011 01:49 PM
King Harald And Queen Sonja News and Pictures: November 2003 - August 2004 Alexandria Current Events Archive 71 07-06-2004 06:52 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]