70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just to clarify what happens today

13-16 Arrivals at the airport, pictures will be taken
18.00 Event in City Hall, lots of press, live on TV2, but TV2 does not have a free online service, so I think it can not be seen online
21.00 dinner at Skaugum, no press but might be some pictures of them arriving in cars or something like that

NOT all royals are comming today.

the scandinavian royals dont have private planes, but sometimes, very rarely, they use a military plane, and sometimes for state visit the minstry of forreign affairs charter a plane

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
Do they ussualy travel in normal flights?

Most of the reigning royal house do have the use of special planes for their transportation.

:flowers:

Larzen said:

18.00 Event in City Hall, lots of press, live on TV2, but TV2 does not have a free online service, so I think it can not be seen online
21.00 dinner at Skaugum, no press but might be some pictures of them arriving in cars or something like that

OH! what sad:ermm: I would love to see the arrivals at the airport and the Event in City Hall!

akina21 said:
Apparently I'm the only one who hates Mette-Marits dress. It has no colour and looks like my grandmothers nightgown :sad:
No,you are not the only one, I agree with you. :flowers:
Martha's dress is more attractive (albeit an old gown according to some)- she looks lovely. Can't see the regal quality of Mette-Marit:sad:

It was, in my opinion, a very simple dress and the ocassion seams to be mucht more serious! Although I think it suits her skin and hair colour very well!

I thought Mette marit , looked lovely simple to the point , all the ladies looked fab ! and its good that they didnt try and out shine the birthday Boy !!!

Larzen said:

the scandinavian royals dont have private planes, but sometimes, very rarely, they use a military plane, and sometimes for state visit the minstry of forreign affairs charter a plane

Do you know which royals arrive today?
and which tomorrow?

Anp

Adry said:
Photos from ANP

I must say that the ANP (Netherlands Press Agency) always has amazingly quick delivery and a lot of pictures.

:)

Well the ANP pics are taken by norwegian scanpix, I guess they cooperate.

more pics, the link will be updated
Side 2

the danish royals are flying private jet to the military part of Gardermoen, as is Carl Gustav, Silvia and Madeline who has also landed.

Broadcast by TV2 "Sumo" = Norwegian Internet-TV-channel

TV 2 gave a hint that from 19.00 h onward you can watch it via Internet at TV2 "Sumo". (But I don´t know if you have to be registered at TV2 "Sumo")

it looks like fred is wearing his valentine pajama bottoms! and henri looks like papa bear in fairy tale. brrrrr looks really cold

King Harald of Norway celebrates his 70 anniversary

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofía, to those who accompany infant Cristina and her husband, Iñaki Urdangarín, will return to Spain on Saturday in the morning, according to sources of the Spanish Real House.:ohmy:

SOCIEDAD :: La Voz de Galicia

ZandraRae said:
Look at Frederick's red pants. :lol: I can't wait to see pictues with lots of tiaras. :flowers:

Don´t know what´s so funny about it...?:ermm:

Can we assume that Christian is not with Frederick and Mary? In the past, if Christian travels with his parents, Frederick and Mary don't travel together... as he cannot be on the same plane with his son/heir.

They did say earlier in the week Christian would be with them... I suppose not. Perhaps he's at home with Grandma!

it's cold and rainy where I live...hopefully there will be some pictures from tonight's dinner given by the Crown princely couple to warm me up...:)

From their faces it looks like it's really really cold and not pleasent at all to be outside!

Thanks for all the information. I can't believe JC and Sofia won't be attending on Saturday :ohmy:. Anyway can't wait to see the pictures over the weekend :)

Getty Images some more pictures. I saw Princess Victoria and Marie Therese from Luxembourg.

Wow exciting stuff, what a great royal gathering it would be! can't wait to see all the tiaras blingblingbling!

maria theresa and henri of Luxembourg
mary and frederik, joachim and hendrik of denmark
madeleine, victoria, silvia and her husband
edward of England
the Greek king and queen

they have arrived....
and the others???

Last edited:
I guess it would make sense to leave christian at home they aren't going to be gone that long and the weather there looks really cold.

seto said:
I guess it would make sense to leave christian at home they aren't going to be gone that long and the weather there looks really cold.

It does make sense but I must confess to being slightly disappointed I was looking forward to seeing him at the sleigh ride

Back
Top Bottom