Empress Michiko Picture Thread Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
Welcome to Michiko's picture thread Part 1 where you can post older pictures of Michiko. Please follow the attachment and copyright rules. If you wish to share images that have already been posted around the forums, do so via links or through a photobucket or similar account.

Thanks for your co-operation. Have fun!

Michiko Shoda's engagement ceremony to Crown Prince Akihito in 1959

Photo from Newcom

Attachments

• 19590101.jpg
    19590101.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 765
Empress Michiko from book jacket

Attachments

• #1 the empress.jpg
    #1 the empress.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,172
  • #2 the empress.jpg
    #2 the empress.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 780
  • #3 the empress.jpg
    #3 the empress.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,718
  • #4 the empress.jpg
    #4 the empress.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 684
:) Kei893265

Domo arigato gozaimasu koro hon jacket of Kogo Heka Michikosan its very nice and utsukushii.

ropura

Last edited:
Kogo Heka Michikosan from the book jacket.

Attachments

• MIchico10111.jpg
    MIchico10111.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 910
Last edited:
ropura - I understand your words...;) thank you!
yes. Kogo Heka is very utsukushii. I like her old photos :)

well, How was you it obtained..? Please tell me.

9:) Watakushi wa 1990 jugatsu, juichigatsu and junigatsu Nihon ikimasu.
In Tokyo mise hon jacket kaema****a ("'taihen takai"")
Raigetsu jukyu watakushi wa Nihon ikimasu for 3 weeks to : Aichi Expo ikimasu.
Kino no asa watakushi wa Noordwijk-machi ikimasu. shashin-o toru.
Dakara Ko-taishi Pieter Cristiaan musuko of Princess Margriet going to marriage with Anita van Eijck.
Prince Pieter Cristiaan is cousin of Queen Beatrix of the Netherland.
Utsukushii shashin-o toru Ko-taishi Pieter Cristiaan and Anita van Eijck.

Sumimasen? Nihon-go taihen muzukashii desu ne?:confused:
ropura.;) :D

Last edited:
ropura - wow, you are so nice! I really understand your all words...;)
Nihon-go ojozu desu ne:) :D
Nihon no hon "taihen takai" dese ka? Watakushi wa shiranai.
because I has not bought hon in the Netherlands and other countries.
Aichi Expo wa taihen hito ooi(= many people) desu...
I think that you will have small towel and hat when you go there.
because daytime is hot and night is cool, in there.
Prince Pieter Cristiaan and Anita van Eijck are very utsukushii desu ne:)

Last edited:
Please remember that the language of this board is English so that everyone can participate in the discussions. If you wish to carry on a personal discussion, please do so via the PM system.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Mandy

ropura - thanks

* old pictures of Empress Michiko *
I like the empress's old photo

#1: with her parents. they goes to the Imperial Palace for "No-sai-no-Gi". its their engagement ceremony. on January 19 1959.
#3: at Okayama, Japan in 1962. She is smiling happily.
#4: younger prince Naruhito(now crown prince) is 3 years old!! in 1963.
#5: with the just born prince Aya(now prince Akishino). in December 1965. I Like this photo very much, Empress Michiko is so beautiful.:)

Attachments

• #1 (19590119).jpg
    #1 (19590119).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,262
  • #3 (1962).jpg
    #3 (1962).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,029
  • #4 (1963).JPG
    #4 (1963).JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,425
  • #5 (1965).jpg
    #5 (1965).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,231
Last edited:
Thanks for posting such beautiful photos kei893265.:) I like photo number 4 as well, Michiko looks so serene.

:)Very beautiful old picture about Empress Michico with her Family." special nr.4"(touchy):)

Thank you Kei.;)

Last edited:
Wow... Those pics are soooo... awesome!!! Empress Michiko is so beautiful (all the time) and she's a very wonderful person. She's really a great asset for The Imperial Family and their people.

Such a beautiful, gracious lady. Still, I sense a sadness about her that only seems to go away when she's with her husband and children.:flowers:

I agree. We should not be too surprised by it... We know what a hard life she has been leading. :ermm:

Empress Michiko with actress Meryl Streep at the premier of Streep´s movie "Mamma Mia!" in Tokyo January 22, 2009.
Daylife

Empress Michiko still looks great. She is al elderly lady, but she has a majestic look. Maybe it is for she remains active and interested in everyday life. :flowers: Go on, Empress Michiko! :rose:

Vanesa.

This was an interesting set of pictures. The two ladies seem to be having a wonderful time!:flowers: The pleating on the Empress's dress is so elegant, too. Do members of the Imperial Family go to premieres very often? I don't associate them with this kind of event, but perhaps I just haven't seen pics before.

Empress Michiko with actress Meryl Streep at the premier of Streep´s movie "Mamma Mia!" in Tokyo January 22, 2009.
Daylife

I'm looking for a beautiful photo of Empress Michiko of Japan Queen Sonja and Crown Princess Mette-Maritt of Norway when the Imperial Majesties were visiting Norway about 3 or 4 year ago When leaving a children's institution the three noble ladies were taken by surprise by wind and rain. Anyone knows the photo I am talking about? Thanks Lababoc

I know the picture you're talking about, taken during the last visit of Their Imperial Majesties to Europe, in 2006 or 2007 (can't remember fur sure the year).

You may find it in GettyImages, which is where I found it the last time I saw it.

Empress Michiko was a stunning beauty in her youth. Princess Masako is my favorite but she nor other princesses of the Imperial Family come close to matching Empress Michiko's beauty of her youth. In her prime she was more beautiful than any of the actresses in Japan, IMO.

I would have wished her only daughter to inherit her beauty but she doesn't even remotely resemble her mother, the Empress. Princess Sayako was cute and adorable as a young child though.

Thank you for the wonderful pictures, they were a great treat~

I think that Princess Sayako is a beauty in her own way. Of course, Empress MIchiko was stunning when a young lady. :)

Vanesa.

I'm looking for a beautiful photo of Empress Michiko of Japan Queen Sonja and Crown Princess Mette-Maritt of Norway when the Imperial Majesties were visiting Norway about 3 or 4 year ago When leaving a children's institution the three noble ladies were taken by surprise by wind and rain. Anyone knows the photo I am talking about? Thanks Lababoc
Do you mean this picture of the 2005 official visit? You can find the whole gallery there. Enjoy!:)

Back
Top Bottom