Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko Current Events Part 3: February 2013 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the empress is feeling better now. I feel the same way about this elderly couple as I do about Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh, in that I hope they have some very firm doctors behind the scenes who will insist on rest if it's truly needed!

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko are currently spending some time in Karuizawa and Kusatsu. The pictures were taken on August 22 and they'll stay until August 29:

** gettyimages gallery **

How lovely! Music has healing property's so that was a great thing for her and A Royal performing publically is not something you see every day.

Last edited:

Emperor Akihito met with top Vietnamese leader Nguyen Phu Trong at the Imperial Palace yesterday, September 16:

** Pic **

On September 26 Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko visited the 'Inamura-no-Hi no Yakata' tsunami education centre in Hirogawa, Wakayama and attended the opening ceremony of the Wakayama National Athletic Festival at Kimiidera Stadium.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And on September 27 they visited the Wakayama prefecture Plum Research Institute:

:previous:
Thanks for the update! :flowers: It is nice to see Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko undertaking official engagements.
Mr Erdogan has a very busy agenda nowadays.

You're welcome :flowers::flowers:

Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Peter O'Neill and his wife had an audience with Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace on October 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Came across this ARTICLE detailing a long list of Empress Michiko's medical condition and her many various travels and events.

On November 9 Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko watched a performance of Okinawa's traditional Ryukyu dance in Tokyo. The show also featured a rendition of a song composed by the couple.

** Pic **

On December 8 Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko were pictured inspecting a factory for custom-made wheelchairs for athletes in Chiba:

** Pic **

Last edited by a moderator:

On January 4 Emperor Akihito spoke during the opening ceremony of the ordinary session of the diet at the Upper House in Tokyo.

Emperor Akihito said Tuesday that Japan must remember the tremendous loss of life in the Philippines during World War II, as he and Empress Michiko embarked for a four-day visit to the Southeast Asian country.

Upon arriving at Ninoy Aquino International Airport, the Imperial Couple were greeted by Philippine President Benigno Aquino and other government officials.
Read more: Imperial Couple arrive in Philippines | The Japan Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom