Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko Current Events Part 3: February 2013 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko attended the award ceremony of the Midori Awards and the awards reception in Tokyo on April 27.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko received Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel on the first day of a politic and economic mission of the Belgian government in Japan today, May 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Thanks for the photos!
Why would the Belgian government need such mission to Japan?

:previous:

The main reason surely is the chance of new economic relations. A lot of new business contracts between Belgian and Japanese companies were concluded..

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko visited Ishikawa Prefecture from May 16 to 17 to attend the annual National Tree Planting ceremony in Komatsu.

** gettyimages gallery **

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1PvKO53G4

I don't know any of the language or what the news person said, but I think that the film looked great, although I could notice make up. Make up that I was thinking about buying a shade of, that, that film helped me make a possible decision about. I see how blending a light shade at the jawline is impossible unless the skin is the shade to go. I am not saying who. ;) Anyway the Emperor and Empress look great. It's nice to see how well they are doing. Those types of fir trees I think they are wouldn't live as well anywhere else as they will there, seems like, but they look like types that can do alright in some parts of the states. Here they'd dry up and succumb to drought. The flora and fauna of Japan is just amazing sometimes.

The main reason surely is the chance of new economic relations. A lot of new business contracts between Belgian and Japanese companies were concluded.. ...
The economic missions begin to look unusual. I somewhat understand if such mission are led by Princess Astrid. Belonging to the reigning royal family, she has already met other royals at various events and can facilitate communication between the parties. However, Prime Minister looks out of place.

Last edited:

On May 20 Marshall Islands President Christopher Loeak and his wife as well as Palau President Tommy Remengesau and his wife were welcomed by Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko for meetings at the Imperial Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
The Empress looks so beautiful.

Yesterday, May 25, Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko attended the Vienna Boys' Choir Concert in Tokyo. Today, May 26, they offered flowers to the altar to commemorate the victims of Tokyo Bombing at the end of World War II:

On June 10 Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko attended the memorial ceremony to commemorate commercial vessels sailors who were killed during World War II at Kannonzaki Park in Yokosuka, Kanagawa:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On June 29 Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko hosted a tea party for those who contributed to their visit to Palau in April.

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko met with evacuees from areas affected by the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear crisis, in the northeastern Japan city of Fukushima on July 16:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko talked with residents of the Chifuri area, where farmers withdrew from Manchuria after the Soviet Union's invasion at the end of World War II in Nasu, Tochigi on July 20:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On July 23 Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko received the President of the Republic of Honduras Juan Orlando Hernandez Alvarado and his wife at the Imperial Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The blogger unbelievableme informs us that Empress Michiko was diagnosed with myocardial ischemia on 24 July, 2015. Empress Michiko is admitted to the University of Tokyo hospital and is expected to have a CT scan on 9 August, 2015.

The blogger provided multiple links to confirm the news.

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/3243871.html

Last edited:
:previous: I'm sorry to hear that the Empress isn't well. Fortunately, there's a lot that can be done for various heart problems. I wish her a good recovery. :flowers:

A rough translation of the IHA notification:

The Empress has had symptoms of chest pain since around the end of June, which have gradually become increasing in frequency, has now received a 24-hour electrocardiogram ( Holter ECG ) test on July 24. As a result of the findings, myocardial ischemia is suspected and it has been decided to have a coronary artery CT examination at University of Tokyo Hospital on August 9.

My best wishes to the great Empress for a soon recovery. :flowers:

I do hope this gracious lady will be restored to full health soon.

There are worries about the Empress health. It could be that she suffers from a heart disaese.
Empress showing signs of possible heart disease | The Japan Times

Yes, I know.

Best wishes for Empress Michiko | The Japan Times

Empress has myocardial ischemia, scan shows ? Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

Japan’s Empress Michiko diagnosed with heart trouble
Last Sunday, the 80-year-old Empress was diagnosed with myocardial ischemia, a condition common in the elderly or those under significant stress. Since late June, the Empress has experienced chest pains that have increased over time. The pains grew in frequency, from a few times per week to occurring several times each day. This heart condition occurs when heart vessels are temporarily blocked. If not treated, the patient can suffer a heart attack. Those who receive this diagnosis are advised to refrain from activities that can raise their heart rates and stress levels.

An electrocardiogram performed last month on the elderly Empress revealed evidence of possible heart disease. Doctors decided on a more thorough examination and tests conducted. At the University of Tokyo Hospital, she underwent a coronary computed tomography scan. The results found she was suffering from inadequate blood flow to parts of her heart muscle through the coronary arteries. The scan showed narrowing of two of the three coronary arteries. However, officials say these results are unrelated to her chest pains.

Her condition isn’t severe enough to warrant surgery. If her symptoms worsen, she will be given medication. In 2011, the Emperor was experiencing similar symptoms. The following year, bypass surgery was performed after his diagnosis of angina.

And her she is today with Emperor Akihito, in her first public appearance since the heart scare.

She looks great, as always.

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko attend the Emperor And Empress... News Photo | Getty Images

Empress Michiko makes 1st public appearance since heart scare - AJW by The Asahi Shimbun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imCvnmqQnGk&index=1&list=PLy2kHuiZVempVHrq9BObNsBDA1JiACf9v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnfkQlH1G9g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom