Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko Current Events Part 2: September 2006- January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nice to see the Imperial couple undertaking an engagement. Empress Michiko looked elegant in a white-and-black ensemble.

How elegant it is for a lady to stay slim, even at a certain age.

I dare to assume that balanced diet, small portions, exercise (Empress Michiko plays tennis), and good genetics are the ones that help Empress Michiko to maintain her svelte figure.

I love when he wears wite. She looks even better than her husband. As for the slim look the Empress has, there's certain people whose body costitution doesn't allow them to get fat, no matter how old the person is. Hope she eats well enough, since when a person gets older, her/his defenses must be higher than when he/she is younger.Vanesa.

Empress Michiko always looks lovely in my opinion and she has a naturally petite figure. I think the Japanese diet is probably very healthy and low in fat, which will help the Empress (and indeed most other Japanese) maintain a fit and healthy look.

Empress Michiko always looks lovely in my opinion and she has a naturally petite figure. I think the Japanese diet is probably very healthy and low in fat, which will help the Empress (and indeed most other Japanese) maintain a fit and healthy look.

Indeed ! The japanese diet is based mostly in fish, soy, rice and vegetables. There are, off corss, candies; and a little bit of what we call "red meat". That makes them a healthy people: the country has the highest life expectancy rate.

The Empress looks gorgeous and so elegant. The emperor look healthy. Wish them all the best.

It is so sad the Empress still has pain! I look forward for her full recovery. Let's hope there won't be any schedule changes at their trip (I don't believe so)

Japan PM voices deep regret over WWII suffering

Prime Minister Taro Aso joined some 4,800 bereaved families to pay respect to 3.1 million Japanese war dead — 2.3 million soldiers and 800,000 civilians — at the Nihon Budokan hall in Tokyo. Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko also attended the ceremony, leading a one-minute silence at noon.

Emperor Akihito said he hoped Japan would never again wage a war.
"I mourn for those who died in the war and pray for world peace and further development of Japan," the 75-year-old emperor said in a speech.

Pictures:
Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko bow to an altar upon their arrival to attend the 64th anniversary of the commemoration of the end of the World War II
Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko look on as Prime Minister Taro Aso proceeds to deliver his speech during a ceremony to mark the 64th anniversary of its surrender in World War II

Last edited:
Did they ever do anything like this with Aiko? Is the little prince being put forward as an heir? Or am I reading too much into this.:ermm:

:previous:

I generally agree that it would be nice if Aiko, and especially Mako and Kako spend more time with the Emperor and Empress.
However, it may well be that Their Majesties' other grandchildren were busy during this boat trip: don't forget that the school year has already started. :)

Yes, that's true. I just have a suspicious mind.;):flowers:

:previous:

I generally agree that it would be nice if Aiko, and especially Mako and Kako spend more time with the Emperor and Empress.
However, it may well be that Their Majesties' other grandchildren were busy during this boat trip: don't forget that the school year has already started. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom