Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko Current Events Part 2: September 2006- January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pictures of Hillary and the lovely empress .:flowers:

For all these marvellous pictures I thank you heartedly !

Really nice welcome. Hillary looks little surprise but very happy.
HIM is great person.

An extraordinary gesture by HM,a sign of respect and cordiality between Japan and this specific US Administration ... [snipped]
I agree with you. Emperor and Empress are not expected to show much feelings in public, but are expected to be friendly in a polite and formal way. Public displays of emotions are very rare. It is great that Empress Michiko was truly pleased to see Mrs. Clinton, who happens to be her acquaintance.

An extraordinary gesture by HM,a sign of respect and cordiality between Japan and this specific US Administration,
and the two Ladies in particular..:)

Excellent gesture on the part of the Empress Michiko to show the rest of the World.

Great pics !! Thanks a ot fr posting.. I guess the two ladies met each other when Bill BLintos was President of the U.S. and the Emperor and Empress made a long trip to the U.S. visiting 11 cities throughout the country...

I just read it !!

Very kind gesture of the Imperial Couple to make hommage to those fallen in Pearl Harbor attack.

Let's hope people in Japan -mainly nationalists- think so too, because everything the Imperial Family does regarding WWII has huge controversy in their country, because by one side part of the population approves it -progressists- while another part -natonalist- criticises it.

Japanese emperor to visit Pearl Harbor for first time since war - Telegraph
Emperor Akihito will be accompanied by Empress Michiko for the visit, which is designed to promote peace and reconciliation between the former enemies.
The Imperial Household Agency declined to confirm the dates of the visit, which will be the emperor’s first overseas trip since 2007. The emperor has been suffering from ill-health in recent months and was hospitalised late last year for treatment for internal bleeding.

I just read it !!

Very kind gesture of the Imperial Couple to make hommage to those fallen in Pearl Harbor attack.

Let's hope people in Japan -mainly nationalists- think so too, because everything the Imperial Family does regarding WWII has huge controversy in their country, because by one side part of the population approves it -progressists- while another part -natonalist- criticises it.

You are absolutely right, Marquesa d Yolombó, and, what surprises me (well, maybe I´m being naive?) is that there are nationalists not only in Japan but obviously also in the US who think that the imperial couple has no business to go to Pearl Harbour, see this discussion: Lucianne.com News Forum - Thread

Thanks a lot for the discussion, ChiaraC !!

I don't think your're being naïve...that's human nature, I guess... the age-old concept of "us and them".

I found a very interesting post on Their Majesties golden wedding anniversary, which will be in April 10: there is an idea of inviting 100 couples that are also having their golden anniversaries this year to an hour-long tea with Their Majesties.

More info here:
100 couples to be invited to Imperial golden wedding anniversary ceremony - The Mainichi Daily News

¿Tea, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for the discussion, ChiaraC !!

I don't think your're being naïve...that's human nature, I guess... the age-old concept of "us and them".

I found a very interesting post on Their Majesties golden wedding anniversary, which will be in April 10: there is an idea of inviting 100 couples that are also having their golden anniversaries this year to an hour-long tea with Their Majesties.

More info here:
100 couples to be invited to Imperial golden wedding anniversary ceremony - The Mainichi Daily News "

What a good idea! !100 couples to be invited to Imperial Golden Wedding Anniversary will be very nice to see. I don't think other royals had celebrated this kind of anniversary in such an original way. I wish I could be travelling to Japan just to see this beatiful event. :bounce::w00t2::princess3:

Vanesa.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh did this to celebrate their Golden Wedding Anniversary as well. I thought that perhaps the Imperial Couple got the idea from them.:)

What a good idea! !100 couples to be invited to Imperial Golden Wedding Anniversary will be very nice to see. I don't think other royals had celebrated this kind of anniversary in such an original way. I wish I could be travelling to Japan just to see this beatiful event. :bounce::w00t2::princess3:

Vanesa.

That's a very painful injury to have especially on the knee which is a joint (so moves alot) and has much pressure on it anyway (whenever we walk or are standing). These things take longer to fully heal the older we get so it will take a few months for the Empress to get better. Hopefully, she is not in any pain and will rest the knee properly.

That's a very painful injury to have especially on the knee which is a joint (so moves alot) and has much pressure on it anyway (whenever we walk or are standing). These things take longer to fully heal the older we get so it will take a few months for the Empress to get better. Hopefully, she is not in any pain and will rest the knee properly.

Gosh ! So close to their Jubilee !! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Let's hope she recovers soon... however, if she is as much as an active lady as I think she is, she will have to hang around in crutches for a few months.

Steady recovery, Empress Michiko !

In this photo released by Imperial Household Agency of Japan, Emperor Akihito looks on as Empress Michiko attaches a label to a tree in a garden of the Imperial Palace in Tokyo Monday, March 30, 2009.

Photos from AP via Yahoo

There's an Enka song named "An OLd Loving Couple" and I always remember Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko when hearing it...It came quickly to my mind when I saw the last two pics you posted, Mandyy. Vanesa.

wow !!! I don't think the Emperor should eat that fish... it is a risk anyway, isn't it? Besides, there are laws banishing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom