Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko Current Events Part 2: September 2006- January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
News video: http://news.tbs.co.jp/newseye/tbs_newseye3760001.html

Straight translation from babel fish:
Last week, the Imperial Household Agency, announced that you can see the condition "of the scotoma" of the plural times and so on in the empress, but the empress is feverish from the 20th night, assuming that a state where feeling is not superior is continued on the 21st, the official business inside the Imperial Palace which is planned you were absent. On the one hand, last week, in the "acutely conjunctivitis" the preschool, also Aiko which has gone to bed, being 21st morning, continues from the fact that condition of cold such as heat generation of 37 degree level appears, and the preschool it means that you went to bed. (21th Jan, 2008 1:37)

News video: http://news.tbs.co.jp/20080116/newseye/tbs_newseye3756290.html

Direct tranlation by babel fish:

As for the Imperial Household Agency, the empress this month after 10th, morning, the occasion where it occurred it announced that there was a thing which "the scotoma" the plural times, is felt. In addition, 1 year ago you bled from the intestinal wall, several days recuperated, but it means that also the condition which is similar to this time was seen. Because of this it means in the future, adjusting such that the official business is shortened. (16 Jan 2008, 17:28)

What's "scotoma"?Is this a physicall illness? Some time ago, I've read that Empress Michiko suffered from stress and that such condition would make her intestines walls to bleed, and have some ulcerations inside the mouth? What is this, now? I'm confused.

And I repeat. I hope the Empress could improve as soon as she can. :neutral:

Vanesa.

What's "scotoma"?Is this a physicall illness? Some time ago, I've read that Empress Michiko suffered from stress and that such condition would make her intestines walls to bleed, and have some ulcerations inside the mouth? What is this, now? I'm confused.

And I repeat. I hope the Empress could improve as soon as she can. :neutral:

Vanesa.

Vanesa, scotoma, according to Wikipedia, is an area or island of loss or impairment of visual acuity surrounded by a field of normal or relatively well-preserved vision.

People with scotoma see black dots or a patch of blackness in the centre of their vision or a black border.

The babel fish might have had a mistake. Empress Michiko had some memai (目まい). Memai means "dizziness". Scotoma is anten (暗点) in Japanese. She had a fever, but the fever has gone. :)

Empress Michiko is a hard worker for her age. I wish that she will have some rest, but considering her strong sense of duty, she may perhaps try to attend at many rituals and ceremonies. Princess Kiko has learned a lot of protocols of rituals and ceremonies from Empress Michiko, so she will be a good supporter for the empress in many occasions. I send Empress Michiko my best wishes for recovery.

Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and his wife Aliza are greeted by Japan's Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo February 27, 2008. REUTERS

4 (AFP)

Japan's Emperor Akihito smiles as he arrives at the National Science Museum to attend an international symposium on systematics and diversity of fishes in Tokyo March 3, 2008.REUTERS

Japan's Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko arrive at a hotel to attend the Japan Society centennial gala dinner in Tokyo March 4, 2008.

Photos from Reuters and AP via Yahoo

Croatian President Stjepan Mesic (L) meets Japan's Emperor Akihito at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo March 5, 2008.
Photo from Reuters via Yahoo

Last edited:
I can´t open those photo's. It has a messagen saying that "the image it's not available"!

I hope Empress Michiko only have stress. If scotoma is spots of black in normal vision the prognosis is very bad...This people could become blind as far as I read. I hope the Empress wouldn't suffer from scotoma. She seems to be a strong woman. I hope she could keep with her duties. I agrre that princess Kiko is a goos support for her.

Please, Mandyy...Keep us updated about Empress Michiko's health.

Vanesa.:ermm:

Peruvian President Alan Garcia, left, is welcomed by Japan's Emperor Akihito upon arrival at Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Monday, March 17, 2008. Garcia arrived Sunday for a three-day visit to Japan.

Photos from Reuters and AP via Yahoo

Japan's Empress Diagnosed with Stomach Problem

Japan's Empress Michiko is suffering from a stomach problem, the palace said Monday, in the latest health condition expected to slow down the schedule of the imperial couple.

The 73-year-old wife of Emperor Akihito is suffering from gastroesophageal regurgitation, a condition in which stomach fluid flows backward into the esophagus, the Imperial Household Agency said..........
Channelnewsasia.com

South Korean President Lee Myung-bak and his wife Kim Yoon-ok greet Japan's Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko (2nd R) upon their arrival at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo April 21, 2008.

Photos from Reuters and AP

Slovenia's Prime Minister Janez Jansa (R) speaks with Japan's Emperor Akihito at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo April 21, 2008. REUTERS

Victor A. McKusick, a genetics professor at Johns Hopkins University School of medicine, is congratulated by Japan's Emperor Akihito during an award ceremony in Tokyo, Japan, Wednesday, April 23, 2008. McKusick was awarded the 2008 Japan Prize for medical genetics and genomics in January.
AP photo

Corporation for National Research Initiatives Chairman, CEO and President Robert E. Kahn of the U.S. is congratulated by Japan's Empeor Akihito, right, during an award ceremony in Tokyo, Japan, Wednesday, April 23, 2008. Kahn was awarded the 2008 Japan Prize in Information Communication Theory and Technology in January.
AP photo

Google Inc. Vice President and Internet Evangelist chief Vinton G. Cerf, is congratulated by Japan's Empeor Akihito, right, during an award ceremony in Tokyo, Japan, Wednesday, April 23, 2008. Cerf shared the 2008 Japan Prize in Information Communication Theory and Technology with Corporation for National Research Initiatives Chairman, CEO and President Robert E. Kahn.
AP photo

Victor A. McKusick, right, a genetics professor at Johns Hopkins University School of medicine, and his wife Anne, second left, are congratulated by Japan's Emperor Akihito, left, and Empress Michiko, second right, during an award ceremony in Tokyo, Japan, Wednesday, April 23, 2008. McKusick was awarded the 2008 Japan Prize for medical genetics and genomics in January.
AP photo

Google Inc. Vice President and Internet Evangelist chief Vinton G. Cerf, second left, and his wife Sigrid, left, are congratulated by Japan's Empeor Akihito, second left, and Empress Michiko, right, during an award ceremony in Tokyo, Japan, Wednesday, April 23, 2008. Cerf shared the 2008 Japan Prize in Information Communication Theory and Technology with Corporation for National Research Initiatives Chairman, CEO and President Robert E. Kahn.
AP photo (closeup of Empress Michiko's beautiful obi)

Chinese President Hu Jintao, center left, and his wife Liu Yongqing, left, are welcomed by Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko before the welcoming ceremony at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo Wednesday, May 7, 2008.

Photos from AP, AFP and Reuters via Yahoo

Australian PM KEVIN Rudd has met Japanese Emperor Akihito in Tokyo this morning as his trip to Japan moves into its ceremonial phase.

The Prime Minister and his wife Therese Rein visited Tokyo's Imperial Palace this morning for a 20-minute meeting with the Emperor and his wife Michiko.

Pic 20 and 21 show the meeting with the Imperial family.

PM's audience with Emperor Akihito | The Australian

Last edited:
Japan's Emperor to visit Canada: official
spacer.gif

TODAYonline

Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper (L) speaks to Japan's Emperor Akihito at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo July 10, 2008.

Oooooooh....nice! I wonder whether we'll get any news coverage of the Emperor's visit, mandyy? News of our OWN Royals visiting isn't always on the radar here. :)

Japan's Emperor to visit Canada: official
spacer.gif

TODAYonline

Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper (L) speaks to Japan's Emperor Akihito at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo July 10, 2008.

Last edited:
JAPAN-ROYAL-FAMILY
Caption Japanese Emperor Akihito ® looks at exhibits with Empress Michiko (2nd-R) and their children, Crown Prince Naruhito © and Prince Akishino during a visit to a photo exhibition entitled: "Empress and her children" at Takashimaya department store in Tokyo on October 18, 2008. At right in the background is Yutaka Asahina, president of Mainichi Newspaper, the organizer of the exhibition. AFP PHOTO

Pic

The former princess Sayako, only daughter of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko of Japan, now mrs Yoshiki Kuroda was also present at the exhibition.
Someone on Royaute 2 asked if she had children.
Alberto on Royaute 2 answered that she has at least one child?
Does someone have information about this imperial grandchild/children? When was it born?
Thanks for any information.

The former princess Sayako, only daughter of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko of Japan, now mrs Yoshiki Kuroda was also present at the exhibition.
Someone on Royaute 2 asked if she had children.
Alberto on Royaute 2 answered that she has at least one child?
Does someone have information about this imperial grandchild/children? When was it born?
Thanks for any information.

The former Princess Sayako and her husband Mr. Yoshiki Kuroda don't have any children.

Empress Michiko turns 74 on Oct. 20th, 2008.

Her Majesty the Empress's Answers to Questions by the Press on the Occasion of Her Seventy-fourth Birthday 2008, and the Activities of Her Majesty the Empress over the Past One Year

Photos and video taken on Oct. 3rd to mark her 74th birthday by IHA

Empress, turning 74, expresses joy over Aiko's school debut
.........‘‘I sometimes think that perhaps the way we perceive and what we find amusing may be quite similar,’’ the empress said of Princess Aiko.

‘‘On hearing certain expressions or sounds of words from those around us that I think she may find funny, I glance at her and I have caught her looking at me with laughter in her eyes,’’ she said. ‘‘Moments like this make me feel very happy.’’..............
Empress, turning 74, expresses joy over Aiko's school debut › Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

Last edited:
Address by Her Majesty the Empress at the ceremony commemorating the 100th anniversary of the founding of the School of the Sacred Heart in Tokyo October 11, 2008
"It is my heartfelt pleasure to be invited here today to the ceremony commemorating the 100th anniversary of the founding of the School of the Sacred Heart in Tokyo and to share with you this joyous occasion. ... " Address by Her Majesty the Empress 2008

From royalblog.nl:

Empress Michiko (74) prays for Masako

Japan's empress is praying for her ailing daughter-in-law and worries about the cancer her husband is fighting, but gets great joy from her grandchildren, she says in her annual birthday statement released Monday. Empress Michiko, the wife of Emperor Akihito and the first commoner to marry into the Chrysanthemum Throne, turned 74 Monday.

read the entire article here.

---
And antoher one from royalblog:

Empress sees herself with her children

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/19/michikoakihito.jpg Tokyo’s oldest department store, famous Takashimaya, hosts a photo exhibition entitled "Empress and her children", which has been organised by Japan’s Mainichi Newspaper.

More here.

The former Princess Sayako and her husband Mr. Yoshiki Kuroda don't have any children.

I think it a remarkable fact that two of the three imperial children (Naruhito and Sayako) seem to have problems to have children of their own. I wonder if this can be a mere coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom