Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko Current Events Part 2: September 2006- January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emperor and Empress arriving in Hokkaido on June 23 to attend the annual tree planting ceremony.

Photo from JIJI press

Can someone explain me what is it "tle panting tree ceremony" at Hokkaido?

Vanesa.

Yuriko Koike (R), the newly appointed Defence Minister, accompanied by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe (2nd R), is inaugurated before Emperor Akihito at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo July 4, 2007.

Photo from Reuters via Yahoo

Japanese Emperor Akihito reads a formal statement to open an extraordinary session of the parliament in Tokyo Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2007.

pic from AP

Japanese Emperor Akihito, right, kneels down to greet people who lost homes in a strong earthquake three weeks ago at a shelter in Kashiwazaki in Niigata prefecture, or state, northwestern Japan, Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2007.

pic from AP

Japanese Empress Michiko, right, kneels down to greet poeple who lost homes in a strong earthquake three weeks ago at a shelter in Kariwa in Niigata prefecture, or state, northwestern Japan, Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2007.

pic from AP

Yes..right. My keyboard is new and softer than the former one...and the "l" was just not noticed when I put my finger over it! :D

Vanesa.

The pictures of Emperor and Empress kneels down to greet their people are nice. It shows how Their Majesties are really close and care for their people. Wish them all the best.

I agree. They seems very "down to earth" and caring. I hope they will reign a lot of years , yet.

Vanesa.

Japan's Emperor Akihito, left, accompanied by Empress Michiko wave to the crowd as they attend an opening ceremony at the 11th IAAF World Athletics Championship in Osaka, Saturday, Aug. 25, 2007.

Photos from Reuters and AP via Yahoo

The newly appointed Foreign Minister Nobutaka Machimura (R), accompanied by Prime Ministrer Shinzo Abe, attends an attestation ceremony before Emperor Akihito (L) at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo August 27, 2007. Abe picked familiar faces for key posts in a sweeping reshuffle of his cabinet on Monday, but analysts doubted whether the changes would do much to revive the Japanese leader's badly sagging popularity.

Photo from Reuters via Yahoo

I didn't know about the Crownprince playing the violin...but the Empress looks as if she was a very god pianist...I just imagine them playing violin, flute and piano together at the Imperial Palace! How sad we wouldn't have any pictures taken from them doing it! It should be lovely to see them as a kind of "Von Trapp" Imperial Family, only that playing instruments, and not singing...:flowers::)

Vanesa.

The Emperor looks in excellent physican condition. He seems to really enjoy his work.

Vanesa.:)

Japanese Emperor Akihito receives a gift from Swedish King Carl Gustaf during a reception of 54th World Baden-Powell Fellowship event in Tokyo October 5, 2007. Gustaf and Akihito, accompanied by Empress Michiko, attended the reception to celebrate the centenary of scouting.

Photos from Yahoo

Did you know if Scouts are an active institution in Japan? Of course, I know in Sweden , it is.

Vanesa.

Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko take a look at fish on display at a museum near Lake Biwa in Kusatsu, central Japan, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2007. Since the 1960s, bluegill fish introduced from overseas have taken over Japanese lakes and rivers, wiping out native species and wrecking the ecosystem. In a rare expression of contrition, Emperor Akihito confessed this week to bringing the fish home in 1960 as a gift from the United States in hopes of cultivating them as food.

Photo from AP via Yahoo

Emperor Akihito celebrates his 74th birthday on Dec. 23, 2007.

Birthday video and photos provided by Imperial Household Agency

Questions by the Press to be answered by His Majesty on the Occasion of His Birthday, 23 December 2007

Article
Emperor Akihito turns 74, stays quiet on family matters
Emperor Akihito gave a rare reaction to a media query ahead of his 74th birthday Sunday, shunning talking in detail about his family, including daughter-in-law Crown Princess Masako, who is suffering from a stress-induced illness, saying that any further comments may again be "misinterpreted."In a customary pre-birthday news conference Thursday, the Emperor, a biologist by training, repeated his regret about the rampant breeding of bluegill in Lake Biwa, a fish that has devastated the ecology of the nation's biggest lake since he brought it over from the United States half a century ago. He also urged people to eat it to curb over-breeding, saying it is a "tasty fish."................
Emperor Akihito turns 74, stays quiet on family matters | The Japan Times Online

May Their Imperial Majesties live long! I respect the emperor from the bottom of my heart, but will not eat any fish from that polluted lake. Sorry.

Empress Michiko's kimono of sakuranezu color
is not a kind of gorgeous, but sedate and very beautiful, so matching autumnal leaves in the imperial garden. I think the empress is always elegant, but she looks most elegant when in kimono.

Sadness is that Princess Kiko could not attend at the ceremony for her health problem, but good news are that she is getting better and that Princess Masako attended at the ceremony of felicitation at Chowaden all three times at least.

I'm very worried about Empress Michiko's health. She seemed to be improving and now this...Poor woman, she is so sweet and good, and she must endure all this. :neutral:

Vanesa.

News video: http://news.tbs.co.jp/20080116/newseye/tbs_newseye3756290.html

Direct tranlation by babel fish:

As for the Imperial Household Agency, the empress this month after 10th, morning, the occasion where it occurred it announced that there was a thing which "the scotoma" the plural times, is felt. In addition, 1 year ago you bled from the intestinal wall, several days recuperated, but it means that also the condition which is similar to this time was seen. Because of this it means in the future, adjusting such that the official business is shortened. (16 Jan 2008, 17:28)

News video : http://news.tbs.co.jp/20080113/newseye/tbs_newseye3753659.html
Direct tranlation by babel fish:
The empress, is appreciated the empress who looks at the animated picture which with the other prayer is opened the "Japanese paper butterfly picture" in Tokyo & Ueno, "Japanese paper butterfly picture" spreading/displaying was appreciated. The "Japanese paper butterfly picture", crumbling up the Japanese paper of of the hand favorite it was dyed to various colors, it pastes, being something which is finished in the work, focusing on the middle to elderly-aged woman it is said that the love house 100000 is in entire country. At 10 o'clock in the morning in the empress who arrives the "Ueno forest fine arts museum" appreciated the work of 30 point remainders which are chosen from entire country. The empress, "when you draw with the paints, is the similar feeling don't you think?", "giving the material feeling whose tenderness of the fiber of the Japanese paper is good, now the shank" and so on, they were the circumstances which the picture, to a considerable degree are admired to workmanship. (13 day 13:01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom