The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Visit to Japan of His Excellency Mr. Nambaryn Enkhbayar, President of Mongolia, and Mrs. Onongiin Tsolmon

His Excellency Mr. Nambaryn Enkhbayar, President of Mongolia, and Mrs. Onongiin Tsolmon, will pay an Official Working Visit to Japan from February 26 to March 2, 2007.
During their stay in Japan, the President and Mrs.Onongiin Tsolmon will make a State Call on Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress of Japan, and Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress will host a Court Luncheon in honor of the President and Mrs.Onongiin Tsolmon.
The President will also hold a meeting with Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan.
The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the President and Mrs. Onongiin Tsolmon, which will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and Mongolia.

From MOFA

Old 02-23-2007, 05:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney speaks to Japan's Emperor Akihito at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo February 21, 2007 in this handout released by the Imperial Household Agency of Japan. REUTERS/The Imperial Household Agency of Japan/Handout

Photos from Reuters, AFP and AP via Yahoo

The Emperor and Empress meeting with the Romainian Prime Minister and his wife on Feb. 23, 2007.
Empress Michiko return to do her official duties after recovering from a fever.

Photo from JIJI press

Old 02-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Japanese Emperor Akihito greeted Russia's Prime Minister Mikhail Fradkov at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, February 27, 2007. Fradkov is on a two-day official visit to Japan.
source - REUTERS/The Imperial Household Agency of Japan/Handout

Pictures:

Emperor Akihito with Mikhail Fradkov and Empress Michiko with Russian First Lady Irina

Emperor Akihito greets Mikhail Fradkov
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Russian premier in Japan for energy talks
....Fradkov had an audience Tuesday afternoon with Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko before talks with Yohei Kono, speaker of the lower house, officials said.....

Photo of the audience from Mainichi news
Old 03-02-2007, 01:13 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Interesting news! It's good that Japan had good relationships with the countries that are next to it.

Vanesa.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japan's Empress Michiko falls ill

Japan's Empress Michiko is ill with symptoms of internal bleeding, the Japanese news agency Kyodo has reported.

The 72-year-old empress has fallen ill with "symptoms of bleeding in the intestines," Kyodo quoted the Imperial Household Agency as saying.
It is not known how serious her condition is. Empress Michiko is the wife of Emperor Akihito and the mother of Crown Prince Naruhito

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | Japan's Empress Michiko falls ill
Old 03-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

That's sad to hear that happened to the Empress. All best wishes for her to recovering soon. So, it maybe that she would skip from the Swedish State Visit to Japan at the end of this month.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Japan's Empress Michiko Has Intestinal Bleeding, Agency Says
Michiko is also suffering from nasal bleeding due to ``psychological stress,'' the agency said in a statement. The empress lost her voice for several months in 1993, which court doctors attributed to stress. She is resting at the imperial palace in Tokyo, agency medical adviser Ichiro Kanazawa said at a press conference.

Bloomberg.com: Japan
Old 03-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Aristocracy
Picture of the Month Representative – Japan

Oh dear. Hope she will have a speedy recovery. I suspect that IHA must have something to do behind all of this.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:02 PM

Poor Empress Michiko. Personally I think this isn't related to stress at all but the IHA are using her illness, whatever it is, so that they can say that this book has brought it on. Nothing would suprise me with the IHA.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Aristocracy

I feel the same way. The IHA always have something up their sleeves. I wonder what's next....having someone have a heart attack!?!?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

poor empress, some happend with the woman of that family, first masako now the empress.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Aristocracy

*Sigh*....I know it's sad

Just another link on Empress Michiko's condition.

Empress suffering intestinal bleeding | The Japan Times Online
Old 03-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Aristocracy

That's unfortunate. I hope the Empress has a speedy recovery.

I also hope the IHA doesn't see the Empress' misfortune as an opportunity to "promote" Princess Kiko (i.e., I hope that don't try to use Princess Kiko as a stand-in for the Empress at events to "promote" her as capable Empress material and have her outshine the Crown Princess).
Old 03-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Aristocracy

I wouldnt be surprised if the IHA tried to do that. To be honest, I think the IHA would be "desperate" or "crazy" enough to try anything they could come up with. Who knows?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

A recent photo of the Empress from Feb. 28, 2007. (Source AP via Yahoo)
Japanese Emperor Akihito and Emperss Michiko speak each other as they wait for the arrival of Mongolian President Nambaryn Enkhbayar and his wife, Onongin Tsolmon, for an audience and a luncheon at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2007.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

She's looking awfully frail in that photo.

What a life she's had. And these IHA nabobs are busily blaming the author of the Masako book for a problem they're as responsible for as anyone.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Aristocracy

Yeah....I think that the whole thing with Crown Princess Masako is just a repeat of the same story as Empress Michiko. Basically the same story for the both of them, basically the same results. Its sad really.

Hopefully there will be improvement and a speedy recovery for both Crown Princess Masako & Empress Michiko.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japan empress braves illness to attend flower show
Japan's Empress Michiko attended a flower exhibition on Thursday, two days after an announcement that she is suffering from what appears to be a stress-related illness, in another sign of tension in the royal family......A spokesman for the Imperial Household Agency, which handles royal affairs, said her doctors believed the illness was due to stress. She is taking medicine and will spend some time resting.
Dressed in a beige kimono, Michiko, 72, smiled and nodded as she viewed an exhibition of traditional flower arranging........
Japan empress braves illness to attend flower show - Yahoo! News

Empress Michiko arrives at Sogetsu 80th anniversary exhibition of Akane Teshigahara, 'Ikebana Through My Eyes', in Tokyo March 8, 2007. Empress Michiko is suffering from what appears to be a stress-related illness and will cancel some of her official duties to rest, officials said, in another sign of tension in the royal family.

Pictures from REUTERS/Yuriko Nakao

Another pic from JIJI press

Video from FNN and ANN news
Old 03-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Poor Empress Michiko. Personally I think this isn't related to stress at all but the IHA are using her illness, whatever it is, so that they can say that this book has brought it on. Nothing would suprise me with the IHA.
Good point- hadn't thought of that.

Tags
emperor akihito, empress michiko