The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Heir Apparent

This was quite an interesting article, Mariko. I respect the Emperor very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariko;1218779[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2011/mar/20/observer-profile-emperor-akihito
Emperor Akihito: A bulwark against a sea of troubles | Observer profile | World news | The Observer[/url]

Old 03-23-2011, 02:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Japanese emperor's lesson for the British monarchy - The Guardian

Old 03-26-2011, 04:02 AM
Gentry

The 1000 eggs and vegetables deliver to evacuation place

On March 25th, The 1000 eggs, sweet potato 100kg, 250 liver paste cans with smoked chicken are delivered to Tochigi area of evacuation site from the Emperor and the Empress. Both the Emperor and the Empress really wanted to share what they can with people. The produces are from Goryō ranch, where they grow the vegetables, raise and breed chicken and pigs and also they have cows for milk.
These special grow produce are usually only for royal families and their guest.

The people who received these produce were very grateful.

by TBS Yahoo news with video of Goryo Ranch, the Emperor and Empress

御料牧場から被災者へ、両陛下の意向(TBS系(JNN)) - Yahoo!ニュース
Old 03-26-2011, 04:32 AM
Gentry

The Hot Spring relaxation

The Emperor and Empress also suggested for people who has evacuated to take the hot spring relaxation in Nasu Imperial Villa located Tochigi Prefecture.

This vill has the separate building for their keepers and has the hot spring bath.
What a treat for Japanese people. We love hot tabbing so much.

So along with the staff of Imperial Household agency, Princess Kiko, Princess Mako, Princess Kako helped to pack the individual towel for people, packed 3500 of them.

by NHK
NHK???? ????????

by TBS
http://news.tbs.co.jp/newseye/tbs_newseye4684273.html
Old 03-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the update!
It has been a graceful act on His Emperial Majesty's part to offer the Villa for people affected by recent calamities. Bathing and cleanliness are vital parts of the Japanese culture.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:37 AM
Gentry

Japan Imperial Household Offers Crisis Help

English article about the Emperor's help.

by The Wall Street Journal

Japan Imperial Household Offers Crisis Help to Fukushima Evacuees - Japan Real Time - WSJ
Old 03-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Gentry

Visiting for comfort

On 30th afternoon, The Emperor and the Empress visited the people who are evacuated to Tokyo area.
Here are two pictures.

By Asahi

asahi.com(朝日新聞社):写真・図版 - 社会

by Reuters

http://jp.reuters.com/
Old 04-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Heir Apparent

This is a remarkable photograph. Has a picture ever been taken before of the Emperor kneeing on the floor to talk to someone? It's something that I can't imagine his father doing. Lovely photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariko;1222702[url=http://www.asahi.com/national/gallery_e/view_photo.html?national-pg/0330/TKY201103300425.jpg
asahi.com(朝日新聞社):写真・図版 - 社会[/url]
Here's an article that explains why I find the picture so "remarkable."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/murray..._b_843734.html
Old 04-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Gentry

Not first time at all

Hi Mermaid,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
This is a remarkable photograph. Has a picture ever been taken before of the Emperor kneeing on the floor to talk to someone? It's something that I can't imagine his father doing. Lovely photo.
This is not first time at all. Last time when we had a disaster earthquake in Koube area they also visited the disaster area as shelters. And I watched the old lady was bowing so deep that Empress Michiko run to her and hold her shoulder.

Here is a Youtube video about visiting of this disaster area with Emperor and Empress at that time. Their visit with the narcissus bouquet which was picked and made by Empress Michiko herself from her garden in the palace that moring. So many people felt and touched by her thought. That flower is the symbol of Hope that still live in people's mind today. At the time she just recovered from her illness and the victim of earthquake kept asking her if she is all right. And the Empress kept saying I am fine. I watch this video and makes me cry each time. I thought I will share this.

There is another one I wanted to share with you. Their visit to the area and seeing their peaceful life together. The people in Japan is blessed by them.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Gentry

The Emperor and Empress will start visiting more places

Imperial Househole Agency said, starting on 8th, the Emperor and Empress will start visiting more shelters all over the place.
On the 8th will be the public high school in Kazo city, Saitama where the group of evacuees from Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant area.

They are always with people who needs care but try not interfere of the recovery activities now. So soon as the condition allow them to visit the people in disaster area, they will go.

by MSN Sankei 2011.4.7 11:31
掩ユ紊ч純筝♂筝違翠f*頑┴吾鐚ャ主糸**絽 - MSNgャ若

I worry about the Emperor and Empress that I just hope they take care since the Emperor has on going cancer treatment as well as their age. Would be nice if CP Naruhito could join them sometime for this tremendous time or let Prince and Princess Akishino take and share this task freely with the Emperor and Empress more.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Serene Highness

Mariko, Thank for the videos. I couldn't understand what was being said, but the images spoke for themselves. Really touching!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the videos, Mariko. The scenes of the visit to Kobe are indeed touching, as is the third video--the one about the Imperial couple's life together. It's wonderful that they can bring some joy to those who are suffering so much.

[QUOTE=Mariko;1228002]
Old 04-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Japan emperor makes first trip to disaster zone - Yahoo! News
Quote:
TOKYO Japan's respected emperor visited the country's earthquake- and tsunami-ravaged disaster zone for the first time Thursday as frustration rose over the nation's inability to gain control over a crisis at a nuclear plant crippled by the twin disasters.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

On Thursday, April 14th, 2011, Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko visited two evacuation shelters in Asahi city in Chiba Prefecture and spoke with people that are temporarily living in these community centers. - Article + photo
Old 04-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

For Clinton, not a bow but a kiss for Japan royal - Strait Times
TIM the Emperor and the Empress have granted their audience for Mrs Clinton on April 17th, 2011.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Gentry

Video with Mrs. Clinton

クリントン長官、御所で両陛下と懇談(TBS系(JNN)) - Yahoo!ニュース

The Emperor and Empress have been visiting more and more shelters as well as Prince and Princess Akishino. Their warm hearted communications touched the people who are having hard time in the shelters. They are giving the job to help each others at this time. According to the IHA The Crown Prince and especially Crown Princess are not able to and difficult to visit the places now because that their daughter started the new school year as 4th grade at GAKUSHUIN、CP MASAKO needs to attend the school with Princess Aiko everyday.

Mariko
Old 04-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Gentry

Thank you

I did not know where is the best place to put this article and thought, but I know the our Emperor and the Empress are very grateful to towards the people who cared for people of Japan at this difficult time. And I wanted share this very much with the people of this forums.

Couple days ago the U.S. military commander who left the Japan after helping this disaster area send the message after seeing ARIGATOU-Thank You word on the beach made out of the sticks from the sky. He took the picture.

"absolute devastation and destruction caused by the tsunami had imagined, " one recalls from the airport over the last three days this month went to Sendai, was formed by broken trees on the coast near the runway "ARIGATO (thank you)"in Find the letter, "what I want to thank the Japanese people here, " he said.

仙台の海岸にARIGATO、読んだ米軍感激 (読売新聞) - Yahoo!ニュース

by Yomiuri
Old 04-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Australia's Prime Minister Julia Gillard and her partner Tim Mathieson met with
Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo April 21,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife **
Old 04-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the update!
I guess that Her Imperial Majesty conversed with Mr. Mathieson in English.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Meanwhile, Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko visited Kita Ibaraki, a port wrecked by the tsunami about 100 kilometers (60 miles) north of Tokyo.
The royal couple surveyed the damage along the waterfront, where blocks of concrete were jumbled by the huge waves. When told that a man died there, they showed their respects with a deep bow toward the sea. They also visited an evacuation center. ....
Japan plans disaster budget, building 100K homes - Yahoo! News

Photo of Their Imperial Majesties undertaking the engagement mentioned above

Tags
emperor akihito, empress michiko