The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

It's been a terrible day in Japan. I hope that your family member is safe and well, Mariko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariko View Post
The north area of Tokyo is just disaster after disaster and we don't know exactly, people are asking for help who survived. Just not there. I'm not able to contact one of my family member in Sendai area yet.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Gentry

Thank you, I am not alone in this

Hi Mermaid 1962,

Thank you for your thought. I live outside of Japan, I was able to get in touch with my aunt 80 years old who lives in Tokyo by neighbor、but my cousin who lives in Sendai area is beyond my reach now.

I once read when the Emperor felt tremor in his office where he was working he quickly stop working and went to turn on TV to check safety of his people - People who are in Japan. His mind is alway with us. I can't imagine how he is taking this earth quake.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
It's been a terrible day in Japan. I hope that your family member is safe and well, Mariko.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Heir Apparent

This must be horrible for the Emperor and Empress, and for the rest of the Imperial Family as well. I think that it would be very hard to be in comfort when one's people are suffering.

BTW has the Emperor made a statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariko View Post
I once read when the Emperor felt tremor in his office where he was working he quickly stop working and went to turn on TV to check safety of his people - People who are in Japan. His mind is alway with us. I can't imagine how he is taking this earth quake.  
Old 03-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Royal Highness

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and friends Mariko.
This disaster must be devastating to the Imperial Family as it is to the Government.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:39 AM
Gentry

Hi Katrianna,

Thanks for your thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and friends Mariko.
This disaster must be devastating to the Imperial Family as it is to the Government.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:52 AM
Gentry

A word from the Emperor

The Emperor has send condolences to the victims of the earthquake as well as sympathy to the wounded through Mr. Hageta of Imperial Household Agency. His words has been send through many broadcast companies. While I was writing this note I heard the NHK announcer mentioning his words on the web I mentioned yesterday.

by Sankei

【東日本大震災】両陛下がお悔やみとお見舞い - MSN産経ニュース

nhk-gtv on USTREAM: NHK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
This must be horrible for the Emperor and Empress, and for the rest of the Imperial Family as well. I think that it would be very hard to be in comfort when one's people are suffering.

BTW has the Emperor made a statement?
Old 03-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

TIM the Emperor and the Empress met with recipients of the 39th Yomiuri Awards for Medical Dedication, commendations bestowed on medical professionals working under difficult circumstances on March 3rd 2011.
Eighteen award recepients attended the meeting with the Imperial couple.
The award ceremony was held at a Tokyo hotel prior to the meeting with the Imperial couple. - The Yomiuri Shimbun
Old 03-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank goodness the JRF are safe! I hope your family is too Mariko
Old 03-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Given the current situation in Japan, it is nice to know that Their Majesties undertake official engagements.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 03-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Gentry

Hi Roseroyal,

Thank you for your thought. I just worry about the Emperor and Empress for their health with this disaster of the earthquake knowing he and his wife care so much about people of Japan. I heard The Emperor already sent messenger to KASUGA TAISHA in Nara for praying.

One thing I realize this time from NHK Japan Broadcasting Corporation's online screen that they are sending a emergency notice just before the actual earthquake happens. Perhaps 15 or 30 seconds. That's a mazing it will give time to put yourself in safer place like under a desk.
(The children are trained at the school to go under the desk for the earthquake to protect. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Old 03-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Gentry

After the earthquake the Emperor, he has canceled his meeting at least couple days. Announced by Imperial House Agency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Given the current situation in Japan, it is nice to know that Their Majesties undertake official engagements.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the additional information!
The immediate cancellation of the engagements is understandable. Given the current state of affair within Japan, it was safe to assume that the Imperial family would cancel activities for a longer period of time.
I am sure that the Japanese Imperial family will serve as a unifying force, thereby helping people to overcome this adversity.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 03-14-2011, 03:42 AM
Gentry

Canceled the Garden Party

On the 14th, Imperial Household Agency said The Emperor and the Empress of Japan decided to canceled the Spring Garden Party on April 28th.

By Sankey News

̺ұƶǽդαͷ ʻпʹ - Yahoo!˥塼
Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Gentry

Also on the 14th, Mr. Kazaoka of Imperial Household Agency said that The Emperor and the Empress are considering to visit the disaster areas. But at this moment the rescuer effort takes precedence over their visits. And waiting to hear from authorized people regarding to their visit.
There are limited use of power is taking a place in the area which include Tokyo, to share this difficult time, the Emperor's place is also limiting the use of electric power.

By Jiji com 2011/03/14-16:18

ɥåȥࡧξŲˬƤǤϻߡݵģ

I really feel the mutual care between the Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko and
the people of Japan. The way they think about each others. Thus makes very strong nation and I am proud of that. Also I am very grateful for the thought of the people for Japan from all over the world in this difficult time. Thank you.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
It is JIF.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Gentry

I am seeing the emperor appearing and sending message for first time just now.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:41 AM
Gentry

Every one seeing this video has saying "Thank you, Thank you, makes me tears,,, People are just so grateful to see him and hear his message now. So many people came out and saying Thanks, wishing him his good health and on and on.
In the end he bowed to the people.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:18 AM
Gentry

The Emperor sends the video message to his people.

On the 16th, 16:52 he release the video message with his deep sorrow and thought towards nation saying from now, days to come, it is important for individual to share the burden of victim in many different way.
Also he is thanking the people who are working for this relief efforts.

by Sankei
€東—œ大œ‡災€‘™›‹€被災€…€›‘へƒ“ƒ‡‚ƒƒƒ‚ƒ‚‚’”™表 - MSN”Œƒ‹ƒƒ‚

News Flash 16:33
The Emperor sends video message

http://www.nikkei.com/

by Nikkei
Old 03-16-2011, 04:23 AM
Gentry

Here is The Emperor's message video.

$B!VE79DJE2<$+$i%S%G%*%a%C%;!<%8!W!!(BNews i - TBS$B$NF02h%K%e!<%9%5%$%H(B
Old 03-16-2011, 04:34 AM
Gentry

We were ecstatic to hear from the Emperor. The comment all over are saying:

"Thank you so much, TENNNOUHEIKA!!

When he appeared on this video stream, I saw all of the sudden the twitter's massage were just moving as fast as it can move.

And said "Let's try, try hard".

Tags
emperor akihito, empress michiko