Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko Current Events Part 2: September 2006- January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was quite an interesting article, Mariko. I respect the Emperor very much.

Mariko;1218779[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2011/mar/20/observer-profile-emperor-akihito said:
Emperor Akihito: A bulwark against a sea of troubles | Observer profile | World news | The Observer[/url]

The 1000 eggs and vegetables deliver to evacuation place

On March 25th, The 1000 eggs, sweet potato 100kg, 250 liver paste cans with smoked chicken are delivered to Tochigi area of evacuation site from the Emperor and the Empress. Both the Emperor and the Empress really wanted to share what they can with people. The produces are from Goryō ranch, where they grow the vegetables, raise and breed chicken and pigs and also they have cows for milk.
These special grow produce are usually only for royal families and their guest.

The people who received these produce were very grateful. :flowers:

by TBS Yahoo news with video of Goryo Ranch, the Emperor and Empress

¸æÎÁËҾ줫¤éÈïºÒ¼Ô¤Ø¡¢Î¾ÊŲ¼¤Î°Õ¸þ(TBS·Ï¡ÊJNN¡Ë) - Yahoo!¥Ë¥å¡¼¥¹

The Hot Spring relaxation

The Emperor and Empress also suggested for people who has evacuated to take the hot spring relaxation in Nasu Imperial Villa located Tochigi Prefecture.

This vill has the separate building for their keepers and has the hot spring bath.
What a treat for Japanese people. We love hot tabbing so much.

So along with the staff of Imperial Household agency, Princess Kiko, Princess Mako, Princess Kako helped to pack the individual towel for people, packed 3500 of them.

by NHK
NHK???? ????????

by TBS
http://news.tbs.co.jp/newseye/tbs_newseye4684273.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the update!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
It has been a graceful act on His Emperial Majesty's part to offer the Villa for people affected by recent calamities. Bathing and cleanliness are vital parts of the Japanese culture.

This is a remarkable photograph.:flowers: Has a picture ever been taken before of the Emperor kneeing on the floor to talk to someone? It's something that I can't imagine his father doing. Lovely photo.

Mariko;1222702[url=http://www.asahi.com/national/gallery_e/view_photo.html?national-pg/0330/TKY201103300425.jpg said:
asahi.com¡ÊÄ«Æü¿·Ê¹¼Ò¡Ë¡§¼Ì¿¿¡¦¿ÞÈÇ - ¼Ò²ñ[/url]

Here's an article that explains why I find the picture so "remarkable."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/murray-fromson/japanese-emperor_b_843734.html

Last edited:
Not first time at all

Hi Mermaid,

This is a remarkable photograph.:flowers: Has a picture ever been taken before of the Emperor kneeing on the floor to talk to someone? It's something that I can't imagine his father doing. Lovely photo.

This is not first time at all. Last time when we had a disaster earthquake in Koube area they also visited the disaster area as shelters. And I watched the old lady was bowing so deep that Empress Michiko run to her and hold her shoulder.

Here is a Youtube video about visiting of this disaster area with Emperor and Empress at that time. Their visit with the narcissus bouquet which was picked and made by Empress Michiko herself from her garden in the palace that moring. So many people felt and touched by her thought. That flower is the symbol of Hope that still live in people's mind today. At the time she just recovered from her illness and the victim of earthquake kept asking her if she is all right. And the Empress kept saying I am fine. I watch this video and makes me cry each time. I thought I will share this.

YouTube -
YouTube -

There is another one I wanted to share with you. Their visit to the area and seeing their peaceful life together. The people in Japan is blessed by them.

YouTube -

The Emperor and Empress will start visiting more places

Imperial Househole Agency said, starting on 8th, the Emperor and Empress will start visiting more shelters all over the place.
On the 8th will be the public high school in Kazo city, Saitama where the group of evacuees from Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant area.

They are always with people who needs care but try not interfere of the recovery activities now. So soon as the condition allow them to visit the people in disaster area, they will go. :flowers:

by MSN Sankei 2011.4.7 11:31
【東日本大震災】両陛下、各地の避難所歴訪へ 8日から、埼玉・加須市 - MSN産経ニュース

I worry about the Emperor and Empress that I just hope they take care since the Emperor has on going cancer treatment as well as their age. Would be nice if CP Naruhito could join them sometime for this tremendous time or let Prince and Princess Akishino take and share this task freely with the Emperor and Empress more. ;)

Mariko, Thank for the videos. I couldn't understand what was being said, but the images spoke for themselves. Really touching!

Thank you for the videos, Mariko. The scenes of the visit to Kobe are indeed touching, as is the third video--the one about the Imperial couple's life together. It's wonderful that they can bring some joy to those who are suffering so much.

Last edited:
On Thursday, April 14th, 2011, Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko visited two evacuation shelters in Asahi city in Chiba Prefecture and spoke with people that are temporarily living in these community centers. - Article + photo

Video with Mrs. Clinton

¥¯¥ê¥ó¥È¥óĹ´±¡¢¸æ½ê¤ÇξÊŲ¼¤Èº©ÃÌ(TBS·Ï¡ÊJNN¡Ë) - Yahoo!¥Ë¥å¡¼¥¹

The Emperor and Empress have been visiting more and more shelters as well as Prince and Princess Akishino. Their warm hearted communications touched the people who are having hard time in the shelters. They are giving the job to help each others at this time. According to the IHA The Crown Prince and especially Crown Princess are not able to and difficult to visit the places now because that their daughter started the new school year as 4th grade at GAKUSHUIN、CP MASAKO needs to attend the school with Princess Aiko everyday.

Mariko

Last edited:
Thank you

I did not know where is the best place to put this article and thought, but I know the our Emperor and the Empress are very grateful to towards the people who cared for people of Japan at this difficult time. And I wanted share this very much with the people of this forums. :flowers:

Couple days ago the U.S. military commander who left the Japan after helping this disaster area send the message after seeing ARIGATOU-Thank You word on the beach made out of the sticks from the sky. He took the picture.

"absolute devastation and destruction caused by the tsunami had imagined, " one recalls from the airport over the last three days this month went to Sendai, was formed by broken trees on the coast near the runway "ARIGATO (thank you)"in Find the letter, "what I want to thank the Japanese people here, " he said.

ÀçÂæ¤Î³¤´ß¤Ë£Á£Ò£É£Ç£Á£Ô£Ï¡¢Æɤó¤ÀÊÆ·³´¶·ã ¡ÊÆÉÇ俷ʹ¡Ë - Yahoo!¥Ë¥å¡¼¥¹

by Yomiuri

Australia's Prime Minister Julia Gillard and her partner Tim Mathieson met with
Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo April 21,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife **

Thanks for the update!
I guess that Her Imperial Majesty conversed with Mr. Mathieson in English.

Meanwhile, Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko visited Kita Ibaraki, a port wrecked by the tsunami about 100 kilometers (60 miles) north of Tokyo.
The royal couple surveyed the damage along the waterfront, where blocks of concrete were jumbled by the huge waves. When told that a man died there, they showed their respects with a deep bow toward the sea. They also visited an evacuation center. ....
Japan plans disaster budget, building 100K homes - Yahoo! News

Photo of Their Imperial Majesties undertaking the engagement mentioned above

Last edited:
Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko will visit Miyagi Prefecture, one of the areas worst hit by the catastrophic March 11 earthquake-tsunami disaster, on April 28th, 2011, to meet evacuees, the IHA said Tuesday.
The Imperial Couple will also visit Iwate Prefecture on May 2 and Fukushima Prefecture on May 11, two other areas in the Tohoku region hit hard by the twin disasters.
On April 28th, 2011, the Emperor and Empress will visit an evacuation center in a junior high school in Minamisanriku and a shelter in a gymnasium in Sendai, traveling from Tokyo via a Self-Defense Forces aircraft and helicopter. - Japan Today

HM the Emperor ate fish caught near Fukushima plant

To reassure the world and his people Emperor Akihito ate fish from the waters near the stricken nuclear power-station.
The Emperor,77, and his wife Michiko, 76, ate fried conger eels and flounders. They were caught by fishermen at Kitaibaraki which is about 40 miles away from the nuclear plant.

Fishermen told the major of the town they were concerned their fishing industry could be destroyed for fear over pollution. - Allvoices

Given the fears about possible radiation contamination of vegetables/fruit and seafood, it is truly impressive that His Imperial Majesty does his best to support local farmers and fishermen.

Last edited:

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko talk with a Japanese soldier and a fire
volunteer to express their gratitude for their contribution at the tsunami
devastated area in Minamisanriku, Miyagi Prefecture, on April 27, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife gallery **

Japan imperial couple visit

The Emperor and Empress both have been visiting shelters. Yesterday at the end when they were leaving a person said "ARIGATOU" Thank you and the word echoed all over the shelter and at the end the people were applauding. I cried, not for sorrow but with thinking about how people were getting encouragement and comfort. Both Emperor and Empress are worrying and caring so much about the people. I am very grateful and wish they will live long life with happiness as well. There are something very mutual, sharing, respecting and caring about this. One of lady brought narcissus from her destroyed home yet the flower bloomed and give it to the Empress. I don't know if the lady remembered about the narcissus that the Empress brought to the KOUBE earthquake place. But I know so many people remembered about that. And I am so sure the Empress remembered about that too and to received the small bouquet from the victim herself must mean so much to her. Prince and Princess Akishino also have been visiting shelters and giving the comfort to the people. :flowers:

Here is the English article I just saw.

Japan imperial couple offers solace to disaster survivors | Reuters

By Reuters

Video about the narcissus

I found the video about the narcissus I wrote, so I wish to share this, here it is.

YouTube -

The lady said "amazing everything is gone but the flowers were under the ground at the time of Tsunami so now it's blooming, how strong it is...we will try too"

Thank you for this very special thread .... the flowers ... the caring....

Words fail me...

Thank you for all your posts, Mariko. I love the Japanese royal family.

A planned visit by Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko to areas in Iwate Prefecture worst hit by the devastating March 11 earthquake and tsunami has been postponed until Friday by bad weather, the Imperial Household Agency said. - Japan Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom