Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko Current Events Part 2: September 2006- January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the earthquake the Emperor, he has canceled his meeting at least couple days. Announced by Imperial House Agency.

Given the current situation in Japan, it is nice to know that Their Majesties undertake official engagements.

Last edited:
Thanks for the additional information!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
The immediate cancellation of the engagements is understandable. Given the current state of affair within Japan, it was safe to assume that the Imperial family would cancel activities for a longer period of time.
I am sure that the Japanese Imperial family will serve as a unifying force, thereby helping people to overcome this adversity.

Also on the 14th, Mr. Kazaoka of Imperial Household Agency said that The Emperor and the Empress are considering to visit the disaster areas. But at this moment the rescuer effort takes precedence over their visits. And waiting to hear from authorized people regarding to their visit.
There are limited use of power is taking a place in the area which include Tokyo, to share this difficult time, the Emperor's place is also limiting the use of electric power.

By Jiji com 2011/03/14-16:18

»þ»ö¥É¥Ã¥È¥³¥à¡§Î¾ÊŲ¼¡¢ÈïºÒÃÏˬÌä¤ò¸¡Æ¤¡á¸æ½ê¤Ç¤ÏÅÅÎÏ»ÈÍÑÄä»ß¡ÝµÜÆâÄ£

I really feel the mutual care between the Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko and
the people of Japan. The way they think about each others. Thus makes very strong nation and I am proud of that. Also I am very grateful for the thought of the people for Japan from all over the world in this difficult time. Thank you.

Every one seeing this video has saying "Thank you, Thank you, makes me tears,,, People are just so grateful to see him and hear his message now. So many people came out and saying Thanks, wishing him his good health and on and on.
In the end he bowed to the people.

The Emperor sends the video message to his people.

On the 16th, 16:52 he release the video message with his deep sorrow and thought towards nation saying from now, days to come, it is important for individual to share the burden of victim in many different way.
Also he is thanking the people who are working for this relief efforts.

by Sankei
【東日本大震災】陛下、被災者、国民へビデオメッセージをご発表 - MSN産経ニュース

News Flash 16:33
The Emperor sends video message

http://www.nikkei.com/

by Nikkei

We were ecstatic to hear from the Emperor. The comment all over are saying:

"Thank you so much, TENNNOUHEIKA!!

When he appeared on this video stream, I saw all of the sudden the twitter's massage were just moving as fast as it can move.

nhk-gtv on USTREAM: NHK

And said "Let's try, try hard".

I think that for all the Japanese people it was really important hear and see how the Emperor is close to all of them. Will certainly give an incentive to react at this enormous tragedy.
I'm still shocked about what I saw during these days

My heart,my thoughts and my prayers goes to Japan

I am seeing the emperor appearing and sending message for first time just now.

nhk-gtv on USTREAM: NHK

Mariko, this is the first time I posted here, I have been a long time member. I just really want to extend my sympathies to you, and wish that all the Japanese people can bounce back even stronger. I so love your royal family.

All our heart are with Japan these days. I think it must have been heartwarming for the Japanese people to get a message from their Emperor

Dear Marika86, Rawe, Rominet09

Thank you for thinking about us. Those thought makes us strong to tackle this unthinkable disasters. Still there are so many after shocks. Not just little one but quite big one. People's feeling are jolted by that but you know we will over come from the fears. People are together and sharing their feelings and tasks more than ever. Working hard. Finding the little ways to help the others keep us on truck to this tragedies.

Thanks again.

Mariko

In such a terrible and tragic disaster, if anyone can pull together and get through this it is the people of Japan whose national resourcefulness and strength will enable them to help eachother. I do hope so very much that the situation will ease and that all will be well again.

Although I cannot understand Japanese the Emperor's love and concern for his people is very obvious.

I have been following the situation since it began. I have a new admiration and respect for the Japanese people, watching them cope with this terrible tragedy.

Mariko I hope you are able to get in contact with your loved ones soon.

My condolences to those who have lost loved ones.

Thank you for your thought

Dear BMC,

Thank you for your kind thought. I was able to contact my cousin and her family in Sendai area. They are alive but so many of their friends lost their lives and some of them are still unknow. It was just happened all of the sudden there were not enough time to run from this strong Tsunami.

I just heard that last night Berlin Philharmonie change and add the special performance for people who are lost in this disaster in Japan. All over the world are helping and thinking about us. We are grateful for their kind and warm cares.

Mariko

Here is the English translation note of the Emperor's message.

Japan's emperor in historic speech: 'Never give up hope' - CNN.com

by CNN

Although I cannot understand Japanese the Emperor's love and concern for his people is very obvious.

I have been following the situation since it began. I have a new admiration and respect for the Japanese people, watching them cope with this terrible tragedy.

Mariko I hope you are able to get in contact with your loved ones soon.

My condolences to those who have lost loved ones.

Last edited:
It was nice that Emperor Akihito addressed the nation, understood the feelings and fears of the Japanese and reassured them. Japan will spare no effort in resolving the grave situation related to the nuclear power station.

Last edited:
Are the JRF in Tokyo? A nuclear disaster expert was on CNN this morning saying he would not be in Tokyo right now for any reason. The snow/rain will increase the radiation exposure.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're in a cold-war-era bunker somewhere. It would be a luxurious bunker, but a bunker none-the-less. Or perhaps they'd be moved to a southern area of Japan. Where is the spot they go to on vacation? Is that closer to the danger zone?

Are the JRF in Tokyo? A nuclear disaster expert was on CNN this morning saying he would not be in Tokyo right now for any reason. The snow/rain will increase the radiation exposure.

Dear Marika86, Rawe, Rominet09

Thank you for thinking about us. Those thought makes us strong to tackle this unthinkable disasters. Still there are so many after shocks. Not just little one but quite big one. People's feeling are jolted by that but you know we will over come from the fears. People are together and sharing their feelings and tasks more than ever. Working hard. Finding the little ways to help the others keep us on truck to this tragedies.

Thanks again.

Mariko
My thoughts and prayers are with you and the Japanese people. Although I cannot imagine the awfulness of the tsunami I can feel for you and yours through the earthquake and the uncertainties and fear of continued aftershocks. Striving for some sort of normality is impossible and we need the love and care of our families and friends to get us through.

Grace and Peace to you and your family and friends.

[snipped]
The Last Emperor? - NZ Herald
The tone of the above article leaves much to be desired. It lumped the recent tragedy with Crown Princess Masako and the future of the Imperial family. These things have nothing in common.
The western mass media is in the overdrive mode. :ermm::ermm:It has gone as low as yellow tabloids.

I agree, Al_bina. This isn't the time to be producing articles being critical of the Emperor or his family. Having heard an English translation of the speech, I don't think at all that HIM's speech was controversial in the latest. He said what anyone who wishes Japan well would have said, I believe.

The tone of the above article leaves much to be desired. It lumped the recent tragedy with Crown Princess Masako and the future of the Imperial family. These things have nothing in common.
The western mass media is in the overdrive mode. :ermm::ermm:It has gone as low as yellow tabloids.

It would have looked strange for the international community if he had made no reference to the catastrophe.

In any case, people are having more important matters to contend with, including more quakes. I was listening to the BBC this morning to an expert on plate tectonics who spelt out clearly that there will be several more plate movements in the current cycle. The question is just when, not if.

Emperor Akihito: A bulwark against a sea of troubles

In the subtitle said "a unique place in the hearts of his people" I think it's really true. After a week went by with this catastrophic earthquake, amazing to see how people are working together and never forget say "Thanks" in many different ways, I hear especially people who lost their family and living place saying "we will make it, rebuild it together" are so encouraging to outsider who are just thinking about this disaster. And they are from children to elderly people who are helping, thinking, doing something about their situation.

The press people ask " What keeps you so strong? " Their answer is always "My people here, who are together in this".

Just let the world know the people in Japan is looking forward and very grateful for being surround by thoughts and cares from all over, all over the world. THANK YOU!!

Mariko

Here is the article from Guardian also:

Emperor Akihito: A bulwark against a sea of troubles | Observer profile | World news | The Observer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom