The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks a lot for posting !! The kimono the Empress was wearing is beautiful !!

Old 05-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

The empress with Princess Hitachi and Princess Takamado at the Red Cross convention: News Summary Royalblog.nl: Empress Michiko at Red Cross convention

Old 05-28-2009, 02:51 AM
Royal Highness

Japan's Emperor gets visitor from Qatar
News Summary Royalblog.nl: Japan's Emperor gets visitor from Qatar
Old 06-01-2009, 06:27 AM
Aristocracy

Gala for Yokohama's Anniversary.

The Emperor and Empress, among other national personalities of Japan and members of the diplomatic body gathered to celebrate Yokohama Port's 150th anniversary, as say these two articles:

Ceremony held to mark 150th anniversary of opening of Yokohama port › Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

Yokohama holds gala to mark its 150th year | The Japan Times Online

żAnybody has photos of this?
Old 06-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko attend a ceremony for the 150th anniversary of the opening of Yokohama Port in Yokohama, south of Tokyo, 31 May 2009.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 06-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

It is nice to see the Imperial couple undertaking an engagement. Empress Michiko looked elegant in a white-and-black ensemble.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Courtier

How elegant it is for a lady to stay slim, even at a certain age.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I dare to assume that balanced diet, small portions, exercise (Empress Michiko plays tennis), and good genetics are the ones that help Empress Michiko to maintain her svelte figure.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I love when he wears wite. She looks even better than her husband. As for the slim look the Empress has, there's certain people whose body costitution doesn't allow them to get fat, no matter how old the person is. Hope she eats well enough, since when a person gets older, her/his defenses must be higher than when he/she is younger.Vanesa.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:38 AM
Royal Highness

Empress Michiko always looks lovely in my opinion and she has a naturally petite figure. I think the Japanese diet is probably very healthy and low in fat, which will help the Empress (and indeed most other Japanese) maintain a fit and healthy look.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko attend a ceremony for the 150th anniversary of the opening of Yokohama Port in Yokohama, south of Tokyo, 31 May 2009.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Thanks a lot for posting these! The Empress looks beautiful, and I agree with the forum mate that said: "it is very elegant to stay slim", and she has done so
Old 06-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Empress Michiko always looks lovely in my opinion and she has a naturally petite figure. I think the Japanese diet is probably very healthy and low in fat, which will help the Empress (and indeed most other Japanese) maintain a fit and healthy look.
Indeed ! The japanese diet is based mostly in fish, soy, rice and vegetables. There are, off corss, candies; and a little bit of what we call "red meat". That makes them a healthy people: the country has the highest life expectancy rate.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Aristocracy

The Empress looks gorgeous and so elegant. The emperor look healthy. Wish them all the best.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Aristocracy

The Imperial Family attended a concert in the events marking Their Majesties' 50th wedding anniversary, as said by KYODO NEWS:

Kyodo News - Photos
Old 06-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Emperor and Empress pay their respects
Old 06-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Empress Michiko still walking with pain
Old 06-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Aristocracy

It is so sad the Empress still has pain! I look forward for her full recovery. Let's hope there won't be any schedule changes at their trip (I don't believe so)
Old 07-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Majesty

Some posts have been moved to the Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko Visit to Canada: July 3-14, 2009 thread.

Enjoy!
Mandy

Old 07-20-2009, 04:19 AM
Heir Apparent

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Akihito & Michiko honour War Dead
Old 07-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of Belga.

Empress Michiko attends a concert performed by an Estonian girls' chorus group in Tokyo's Suginami Ward (30/07/2009).

http://i27.tinypic.com/f525bo.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/1jagaq.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/dc33oj.jpg

Tags
emperor akihito, empress michiko