The Queen and the Church

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think the Queen has a role in the church, which I think is Lutheran. I could be wrong but I think that the only monarch that has a role in a church is Queen Elizabeth II because she is the Head of the Church of England.

Australian said:
I don't think the Queen has a role in the church, which I think is Lutheran. I could be wrong but I think that the only monarch that has a role in a church is Queen Elizabeth II because she is the Head of the Church of England.
Queen Margrethe is head of State in Denmark, thus she is also head of the Danish church, as the Danish church and state are united, and is a "state church".

The same is the case with King Harald of Norway.

Oh i didnt know that, thanks for clearing that up norwegianne, I thought only the British monarch really had a role.

I learn someting everyday on these forums

So do I. I don't know a lot, but I learn things, all the time more and more!
Can I just ask, as I have read that they are 'Danish Lutherans' and 'Evangelical Lutherans' which one, or are they basically the same thing?:confused:

Aussie Princess said:
So do I. I don't know a lot, but I learn things, all the time more and more!
Can I just ask, as I have read that they are 'Danish Lutherans' and 'Evangelical Lutherans' which one, or are they basically the same thing?:confused:

Looks like they're Evangelical Lutherans. See below.

http://www.interchurch.dk/LutheranChurch/6.HTM

whats the diffrence between Evangelical Lutherans and Bapsists (of which i am one) :)

In Sweden, which is lutheran like Denmark, we have of course bishops all around the country plus one arch bishop who is the head of the church.

In Denmark there are bishops all around the country but there's no arch bishop. Queen Margrethe has that role.

In Denmark there are bishops all around the country but there's no arch bishop. Queen Margrethe has that role.

It is true that we have no arch bishops in Denmark but that role is not among QMII's duties. The bishop of Copenhagen is considered 'first among equals' so if Denmark were to have an arch bishop it would be the bishop of Copenhagen.

QMII is not the head of the church per se but together with her government she is the highest authority in the church. She is the only person in Denmark who by law is obligated to be a member of the People's Church of Denmark. One of her duties is to appoint bishops at the request of the Minister of Ecclesiastical Affairs (Kirkeministeren).

Back
Top Bottom