Queen Margrethe's Summer Tour aboard the Dannebrog: September 2018

Queen Margrethe will be on a summer cruise around the country again,
this year from September 3 - 7, 2018.

The stages will be:

September 3 - Municipality Silkeborg
September 4 - Municipality Silkeborg

September 6 - Municipality Svendborg
September 7 - Municipality Svendborg

** kongehuset.dk: H.M. Dronningens sommertogt med Kongeskibet Dannebrog i 2018 ** translation **

Old 08-28-2018, 04:48 PM
Gentry

I am so looking forward to her visit to my city of Silkeborg. I am gonna be there and wave at her when she goes on her carriage ride from the City Hall to Museum Jorn. I can just make it before I go to work.

It will be a once-in-a-lifetime event as she has never been on a carriage ride in Silkeborg before, so I wouldnt want to miss it. I am super exited about it, as I have never seen a royal carriage procession before, so it will be my first ever and in my own city even

Old 08-28-2018, 04:55 PM
Serene Highness

Sounds like it should be fun and exciting for you Zembra. I hope you get good weather for it.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sounds great.

We will look forward to your impressions.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:23 PM
Royal Highness

Next week right, so will be watching Queen Margrethe on that gorgeous ship of hers...sailing along ........maybe one of her sister's will accompany her? I would like to see that...
Old 08-31-2018, 05:40 AM
Administrator

The detailed programme of the cruise has been released today:

** kongehuset.dk: Program for H.M. Dronningens sommertogter 2018 ** translation **
Old 09-03-2018, 05:52 AM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe has started her tour to the municipality Silkeborg today, September 3:

** hsfo.dk gallery ** kongehuset gallery **

** tvmidtvest.dk VIDEO: Her ankommer Dronningen i Silkeborg **

** BB: SOMMERTOGT: Dronning Margrethe i kronprins Frederiks fodspor ** translation **

Old 09-03-2018, 09:31 AM
Gentry

Amazing seeing the royal carriage procession!! So beautiful and I saw the Queen up close several time, as I ran from one street to the other, on the carriage's route.....many others did the same

This was the best picture I got. I wanted to enjoy the moment(s) too, and not just look at the whole scene trough my phone. Daisy looked in good spirits as usual.

A very memorable day!

A "mood" picture: I was surprised how many people were on the streets, as it happened during working/school hours. So many people had lined up, and of all ages: young, middleaged, old, children.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you for these pictures Zembra - it's a fine balance between being in the moment and taking pictures for future reference isn't it? But I'm greateful for you taking some and it means the rest of us can enjoy the moment. I'm very envious. The Queen looks very good and I always think the Danish carriage parades always look (and sound) very impressive.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:08 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibrarianDaisy View Post
Thank you for these pictures Zembra - it's a fine balance between being in the moment and taking pictures for future reference isn't it? But I'm greateful for you taking some and it means the rest of us can enjoy the moment. I'm very envious. The Queen looks very good and I always think the Danish carriage parades always look (and sound) very impressive.
Yes. I saw her at several spots on her route and only at the first spot did I take some photos. At the other I enjoyed the moment and waved at her At my second spot I was really close to her....like 1 meter away....it was something special being so upclose.

And I agree, the parade was so impressive and beautiful. Very beautiful horses and nice music
Old 09-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Aristocracy

I've often thought about coming over to Denmark for the Queen's birthday one year but I think I might stand a better chance of seeing her up close on her summer tours. And get to see parts of Denmark off the usual tourist trails. Enjoy the rest of your day Zembra
Old 09-03-2018, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nice report, Zembra.

Keep it coming.

What's the impression on the street in Silkeborg? About QMII I mean.

As can be expected there is a massive coverage in the local newspaper: https://www.mja.dk/
Old 09-04-2018, 04:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Many bouquets of flowers during the summer trip for the Queen and all are at Dannebrog.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnS7G7Tg...danskekongehus
Old 09-04-2018, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Here are some first photos of day 2 for in the municipality Silkeborg today:

** Pic ** mja.dk: Da dronningen så på kunst ** kongehuset gallery **

** kendte.dk gallery: Efter sønnens operation: Sådan festede dronningen **

** mja.dk gallery: Galleri: Silkeborg sagde smukt farvel til Margrethe **
Old 09-04-2018, 12:30 PM
Majesty

Nice videos of the Queen and guards riding through town
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnR6E7DB...nningmargrethe
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnRjcuxg...nningmargrethe
Old 09-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, Polyesco.

I think a comment by a female spectator in the very beginning of the video sums it up. Loosely translated she exclaims: "Damn, they look good!"
Old 09-06-2018, 04:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

BB is sending live from Svendborg right now https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...paa-sommertogt

As in this very moment.

Later on you watch the whole thing again via the link above.

-------------------------------

All are waiting because Svendborg is a small port and the local ferry needs to offload passengers and cars before the Guards Hussars can line up, so that QMII can go ashore.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:10 AM
Administrator

Here are two first galleries from Svendborg (and the waiting crowds ):

** fyens.dk: Se billederne: Svendborg tager imod dronningen **

** fyens.dk: Sydfynske godter: Her er Svendborgs gave til dronningen **

And here's another video:

** kongehuset video **
Old 09-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Majesty

Beautiful photos
https://images.fyens.dk/6/3636506_12..._0_0_0_0_2.jpg
https://images.fyens.dk/74/3636574_1..._0_0_0_0_2.jpg

gallery from DRF
Sommertogt i Svendborg Kommune - dag 1 | Kongehuset
Old 09-06-2018, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

One of the places QMII visited today was a home especially for people who suffer from dementia.
Prior to PH being officially diagnosed with dementia, most people of course knew about the condition, but it did make a change in the sense that the media wrote a lot more about dementia, what it is, how it develops, the warning signs and what to do when you are actually diagnosed with dementia and not least how to keep it at bay for as long as possible.
But also the pain, worry, confusion, frustrations and deep sadness of the relatives has been touched. There is considerable more understanding now for people, who cannot face the daily pain of seeing a loved one change and fade away, so that some may at some point give up and separate or need a break.
More crucially it has meant that more are willing to stand out and say: Yes, I've been diagnosed with dementia, so it's going down from here...

Some 87.000 Danes are diagnosed with dementia.