Queen Margrethe's Birthday: April 16 (2003-2019, 2021 - 2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CrownPrince Frederik will not be at the balcony because he is partisipating the world championship in his Farr 40 boat...hopefull he has a birteday pressent to his mother and daugther when he come home to Denmark.

He's racing again?Hope he "drops" nothing overboard this time....:rolleyes:

Dearest Daisy will be 68,wow,seems time passed even faster then I already thought.A grand Lady!
:denmarkstandard:

So, even if Mister Crown Prince won't be able to attend at the balcony : I hope his wife and two beautiful kiddies will be present. Although it's sad... it's always awesome to see Freddy with his kids.

I just hope to see Joachim and Marie (and of course Felix and Nikolai) at the Balcony together. Would be nice to see Marie during such a family event. We have seen her quite rarely since the engagement and the wedding will be already next month (hard to belive ;)), so it would great to see her being introduced in Family traditions.

It's a little sad Frederik can't be there, but hopefully everybody else can! I hope we get to see Nikolai, Felix, Christian, and Isabella. I would hope Marie will be there, as this will be a big royal step for her.

I'm very appreciative of this, Glittering Tiaras. Thank you, very much.

After my own Queen, Denmark's is, by far, a great favourite with me.

I just love her confidence and self-assurance and her particular sense of artistry and style.

I hope that her birthday was a happy and memorable one.

More information in regards to her birthday today, and the events following can be found [URL="http://www.berlingske.dk/article/20080415/kultur/704150026/"]here[/URL], including the reinauguaration of Rosenborg Slot, and to watch a short clip please click [URL="http://www.dr.dk/NETTV/Update/2008/04/15/20080415140948.htm"]here[/URL].

:)

Thanks for the video GlitteringTiaras, very nice to see the palace from the inside. Just to make sure I'm not mistaking, since I don't understand a word of Danish, were they cleaning the palace and preparing everything for the Queens birthday today? I know they always appear on the balcony, hope to see little Isa, she must have grown so much. Is there some big party, or dinner during the afternoon as well?

I saw on Tv2 the balcony, Mary didn´t attend. Just Queen, Prince Consort, Prince Joachim with Marie, Nikolai and Felix.

Article and Photos
Marie vist frem på balkonen

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw on Tv2 the balcony, Mary didn´t attend. Just Queen, Prince Consort, Prince Joachim with Marie, Nikolai and Felix.

Really? That's odd. Great to hear Marie was present this year, but too bad we won't get to see Isa and Cristian then. Maybe they went with Frederik, he's sailing somewhere isn't he?

Mary could be away with the kids with Frederik. It wouldve been nice if they attended but its also nice that Marie got her space. I mean, if Fred, Mary & the kids where there, I would think they would take all the spotlight away.
Marie looked nice, it was nice to see her attending.

Was so looking forward to seeing Mary on the balcony with the children!

Was so looking forward to seeing Mary on the balcony with the children!
Me too :cry: but everyone that was there looked wonderful, the boys have grown so much since last year.

Happy Birthday to Queen Margrethe - may she celebrate many, many more!

Mary could be away with the kids with Frederik. It wouldve been nice if they attended but its also nice that Marie got her space. I mean, if Fred, Mary & the kids where there, I would think they would take all the spotlight away.
Marie looked nice, it was nice to see her attending.

Good point, now that I come to think of it, I actually quite like the fact they were not there, at least this way for the first (and probably last:lol:) time, Marie will be the one who had all the focus, without being overshadowed by Mary or the kids. She looked great. Too bad the Queen wore black, it's not the most festive colour. Does anyone know if Mary was there last year, it's very close to Isa's birthday!

:previous: Yes Mary was there last year, if you go back a few pages in this thread there are many lovely photos :flowers:

yes, Mary, very pregnant, Frederik and Christian were there last year.

actually, i was missing the spark, the "happiness" this year, perhaps it was just the queen wearing black or perhaps i was just watching the wrong tv clip but i thought they were all a bit stiff and reserved. :)

Strange!!! I think that should be imperative for Mary and Frederick to attend!!!! And even if they didn't attend they should said why!!!

Strange!!! I think that should be imperative for Mary and Frederick to attend!!!! And even if they didn't attend they should said why!!!

But they did say why didn't they? At least Frederik, as far as I know, went sailing. And supposedly Mary went along with him.

Another possibility for Mary: One of the children is ill and she has to care about it!?!

They actually said why: Frederik takes part in a sailing competition and Mary joined him.

Marie looked stunning! I am so glad to see her , Joachim and the kids together at the balcony.
Although I would have loved to see Mary and the Kids as well. Luckily Marie saved the day. :flowers:

Perhaps it was a conscious choice to allow Marie her first balcony appearance to be on her own?

Are you sure Mary wasn't there - just joking but without close ups it's hard to tell if that's Marie or Mary on the balcony. They resemble each other so much - no offence but I'd find it a bit psycho if my brother brought along a fiancee who looked almost like a twin of my wife :shock::wacko: No big deal that Fred & Mary are not around, it's only QM's 68th birthday, a day to present herself to the public and not her family. It's nice of her that she does this balcony thing at all and in theory she & hubby would be enough. Fred is out sailing, ok, he's almost a professional sailor now with Mary doing all the work. QM wearing black on her birthday :ohmy: she looks like a governess and I do expect some pics of Isabella next week on the occasion of her first birthday - that will be a nice compensation for today's no show.

Strange haircolour of Joachim´s. Did he darken it?

well sailing to me it is not an excuse...they should have been there like it should be a tradition.... she is the Queen!!!!!!

well sailing to me it is not an excuse...they should have been there like it should be a tradition.... she is the Queen!!!!!!
For Frederik sailing is always a good excuse. :lol:
He even didn't attend the big big Birthday Bash in Sweden 2 years ago ... just because he went sailing.
He seems to be totally addicted. ;)

Back
Top Bottom