The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2017, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks to everyone who has posted videos, articles and photos!

Old 04-16-2017, 06:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing I have to love about the Danish royal family is that they're definitely a family that is not afraid and even encouraged to display their love for each other in public situations. No formal waves and bows on the balcony but just a pure, unadulterated family that loves each other.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-16-2017, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing that stands out is that this is one very loving family that enjoy spending time with each other. From the jovial grandfather to the kids playing patty cake and just enjoying being with each other, its no wonder that upon reaching 77 years old, Queen "Daisy" has many, many reasons to smile and be happy.

No matter what has happened with complaints about titles or his separate jaunts to places exotic or his flamboyant attire, its very clear to see that Henrik and Margrethe are still a loving couple and revel in being surrounded by their family.

Makes me acclaim that there's nothing fishy in Denmark. Nothing at all.
I've never been a big fan of Henrik, but I must now admit that I like him a bit too, especially after I heard that he had reached out to Prince Richard when he was ill with cancer.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneas314 View Post
I enjoyed this year's balcony/veranda appearance and Josephine and Athena are so cute , Here are some of my favorite photos from today. Josephine seems to be enjoying big sis role to little Athena

https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?pag...0704054&pos=36

Happy birthday Queen Margrethe
For those who did not see the videos. That wonderful photo is taken right after the Music Corps played the third tune. (*)
Josephine darted over to her kusine (female cousin. Male cousin is fætter) Athena and jumped up on the bench to (with considerable justification!) receive the applause from the onlookers.

(*) The first being the royal anthem.
The second being the children's birthday song.
The third being QMII's Parade March.
The fourth tune, as the family went inside the first time was PH's Parade March.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:40 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks to all who posted the links. Great photos. I guess having Joachim's two younger children in Amalienborg; the twins and Joachim and Marie's children will see a lot more of each other.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:46 PM
Royal Highness

It's nice to see Margrethe and Henrik together with the family. The kids all looked cute and I liked Christian and Vincent with their matching pants! Christian and Isabella are going to be very tall, I think.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:44 AM
Commoner

Does anyone know whether Josephine,Vincent and Athena go to same Kindergarten?
Old 04-17-2017, 03:33 AM
Majesty

Athena giving out a big cheer for grandma or trying to start the party again with cousin Josephine lol
http://imultimedia.ctk.cz/storage/fo...160985801.jpeg

little Henrik entertaining his uncle Frederik
https://s5.postimg.org/g49oqpefr/siete.jpg
don't they look great with 6 kids lol

and Isabella holding hands with her dad
http://images.stiften.dk/45/398545_1...625_2890_2.jpg
Old 04-17-2017, 05:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneas314 View Post
Does anyone know whether Josephine,Vincent and Athena go to same Kindergarten?
Josephine and Vincent attend the same kindergarten, a few hundred meters from Amalienborg.
Henrik attends a school not far from his home in northern Copenhagen.

I'm not sure about Athena.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

A nice gallery:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...35227816664642'

A video from the DRF's Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BS88x-aj...danskekongehus
Old 04-17-2017, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Here's another nice large gallery from yesterday's celebrations:

** dpp: Danish Royal family celebrates Queens 77th birthday **
Old 04-23-2017, 08:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #16, 2017.
Written by Ken Richter.

It was a cool Sunday QMII celebrated her birthday on.
The Regent Couple had returned from Aarhus Cathedral shortly before noon. QMII always attends the daily services during Easter.
And M&F with children were seen strolling the few hundred meters from the Cavalier Building, where they usually stay when at Marselisborg. It's also here Frederik lived while studying in Aarhus and where certainly Frederik makes a pit-stop when he is in this part of the country. J&M must have stayed at the main-building - which QMII once described as an awfully big house with awfully little room. - When Marselisborg was build it was somehow missed that the royals might actually have children let alone having guests staying...

At noon the DRF appeared on the terrace, which is located to the back of the manor, so people were actually crowding in the park. But it's a very big park, so plenty of room.
Here people spontaneous began to sing the children's birthday song at the same time QMII were to give nine cheers for Denmark. (*) So she had to hush people up a bit. Once the formality of the cheering was over the royal anthem was played, and then to QMII's surprise the Music Corps played the children's birthday song. Usually it's the more international Happy Birthday, but this one everyone could sing along to.

In the evening QMII was celebrated with a dinner and around 25 invited guests.
The next time she can celebrate her B-day in Aarhus is in 2022.

As always when QMII is in residence either at Gråsten or Marselisborg, relatives to the guardsmen on duty descend in droves to look at and not least photograph their son/daughter standing guard.
That also includes QMII's former LiW, Lena von Lüttichau, who came to look at her grandson, Valdemar. - It's very endearing, isn't it?
https://app.box.com/s/m5kfken1zuahjfrbu1of890dzk5rewja
I actually meet von Lüttichau's family, the Gamborgs, from time to time. They have a large estate not far from here. Down the road, third road to the left and a bit further...

(*) The old identification signal for Danish ships were three shots. In the army it was three cheers (hurrah) when in battle or as a salute. When the Monarch is present it's 3X3 cheers = 9 cheers. And that's how it is to this day.
On big occasions canons fire 3X9 shots = 27 shots. - They love to fire their guns!
In Sweden the old ID signal was four shots, and as such four cheers for Sweden.

The scans: BB #16, 2017
Old 04-24-2017, 08:20 AM
Commoner

Thanks for the translation, Muhler.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

A belated thank you to everyone who shared the photos, videos and information about Margarethe's birthday.
I loved the photos of the family on the balcony, and the relationship between little Josephine and Athena was heartwarming to see - it's lovely to know that they are close. All the children looked very nice as well, Christian and Isabella look so grown up! I still remember when Isabella was the little princess licking the windows of the palace

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-17-2018, 06:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

This year Queen Margrethe celebrates her birthday in

"H.M. The Queen celebrates his birthday at Amalienborg in Copenhagen this year.

In connection with Queen's 78th birthday Monday, April 16, 2018, Queen and Royal Family will be showing on the balconies at Christian IX's Palace, Amalienborg, at 12.00.

The Royal Life Guard will be in red gala uniform, and the shift will take place in front of Christian VII's Mansion."

Hendes Majestæt Dronningens fødselsdag | Kongehuset
Old 04-15-2018, 08:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tomorrow is QMII's B-day.

As always there will be a balcony appearance with the whole family.

BB will send live from Amalienborg from around 11.50 and until they have appeared on the balcony three or four times.

Normally the Regent Couple will appear on the central balcony first, but this year QMII is alone, so my guess is that she will walk out on the balcony and then call for all her grandchildren to join her. The parents will stand on the two flanking balconies.

QMII will shout out her thanks and then call for the crowd to join her in a nine-fold cheer for Denmark, after which the royal anthem is played.
Then she will withdraw.
But traditionally the crowd will call for the DRF to appear again, roughly translated they chant: "Queen, Queen come on out, or we'll never go home!"
That repeats itself two or three times and around 12.15 the show is over.

You can watch via these links: BILLED-BLADET Play - Danmarks royale TV - Videoer med de kongelige

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...oedselsdag-paa

The live transmission begins in exactly 22 hours from this has been posted.

The coverage from the regular TV-networks is of course better, but they may not send the whole thing live.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Muhler!

The regular TV-networks:

DR1: As usual nothing (a bit strange since they sent both the trooping and balcony appearance from London, celebrating the birthday of QEII, live last year).

TV2: Nothing (perhaps they will send parts of it in their News broadcast at 12:00).

TV2 News: Nothing scheduled in the TV-guide, but hopefully they will send it.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, Royal Norway.

That's typical!

They will send summaries later, but I like to follow the show live (if I could tomorrow that is ) so even though the quality will be less, I'll recommend watching the live links from BB and perhaps BT as well.
I don't know if the regional TV2 Lorry will show live, but I'm far from certain that can be seen outside DK.

I'm looking forward to seeing Josephine and Athena. That should be lively!

It's jacket-weather tomorrow - 12-16 degrees C. But judging from the weather charts there should be no rain at Amalienborg around noon.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:37 PM
Majesty

This birthday will not be so happy - first without Prince Henrik...
Old 04-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks, Royal Norway.

That's typical!
I know!

DR1 are sending the non-milestone birthdays of QEII (a foreign monarch) live, but not that of their own monarch.
I actually find this so laughable that I'm considering writing to them and say exactly what I mean about it.

Tags
birthday, margrethe, margrethe ii, queen margrethe, queen margrethe's birthday