Queen Margrethe's Birthday: April 16 (2003-2019, 2021 - 2024)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the family is starting to get big, soon tehy need a new belcony.
There are also bacopnys on both sides of this one but there are stone-coulmns between.

Thanks for short video and photos.
Queen Margrethe, CP Mary and Princess Marie elegance.
Little Princess Isabel very very sweet...
All members of the Danish Royal family look very happy and very dynamic.
A bigger balcony yet?​

Thak you everybody for the video and pictures!!:flowers:
All them looks great, what a happy family they seems to be :)
Nice to see all the kids together, they are so cute.

it's nice to see the whole family together. isabella seems to have grown up so much, she has lots of hair now! christian looks adorable in his jeans. nikolai and felix are now so mature.
thanks dazzling. that event is a crowd puller, really. nice to see the whole family in a good mood. too bad that frederik and mary did not lift their children up to get a better glimpse especially on christian. isabella is such a cutie, she wasn't really happy when everybody went back inside :)

duke, mary held isabella in her arms and christian was lifted by prince henrik.

Thank you for posting link to photos and videos...They indeed need a bigger balcony....

Happy birthday to Queen Margrethe.
I loved the pictures and videos. Isabella is a cutie!
Princess Marie looks nice and a little tired as she is approching due date.
They sure will need a bigger balcony in the future as the DRF is getting bigger.

I was in the crowd (and boy do I mean crowd) outside the balcony today. People were cheerful, a nursery school class had decided on taking their lunchbreak right there and then as a picnic on the palace square (with a blanket) and it was just generally a feel-good mood going on.

Pictures I took: Amalienborg 2009 - a set on Flickr

Little Isabella stole the show! She was so cute, and really didn't want to stop waving to the crowd. Adorable. Queen Margrethe seemed so happy to surrounded by her family. They are such a charming royal family.

It appears the Queen and Mary are close. I hope Mary and Marie are too. They are all just lovely. It so nice to see the Queen so happy.

Little Isabella stole the show! She was so cute, and really didn't want to stop waving to the crowd. Adorable. Queen Margrethe seemed so happy to surrounded by her family. They are such a charming royal family.

You are completly right. Isabella is simply so adorable. She looks incredible grown up.It is wonderful too see the whole family together, and somebody said in an earlier post, they do need a bigger balcony :)
The CP Family look wonderful as always.

x

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in the crowd (and boy do I mean crowd) outside the balcony today. People were cheerful, a nursery school class had decided on taking their lunchbreak right there and then as a picnic on the palace square (with a blanket) and it was just generally a feel-good mood going on.

Pictures I took: Amalienborg 2009 - a set on Flickr

Thanks for sharing your pictures, norwegianne. (Good to see you around again too!)
By crowd, do you mean far more than normal for other years, or just in general???
Your pics make Isabella look even smaller and cuter than other ones!

Thank you all for the lovely pictures and videos.
All the children looked like they enjoy being on the balcont especially Isabella who didnt want to go inside. Christian climbing the balcony was cute but dangeroues. Its a pitty that Frederik nore Mary picked Christian up for a minute. Not too sure about Mary's outfit, she kind off belnded in with the stone on the palace. Marie looked wonderful.

The image of the day has to be Isabella trying to clap and wave at the same time :lol:loved her waving off Fred when he is trying to get her to go inside:rolleyes:(Get stuffed Dad Im busy) but her waving clapping earliier just to cute and adorable:denmarkstandard::princess:

Happy birthday!!!:flowers:

Thanks for the videos and photos.:flowers:

This beautiful family!

To norwegianne: Great photos! An excellent position in such a big crowd!!

2011 celebration

source
Her Majesty the Queen's birthday on 16 April 2011

Queen celebrates her birthday on Saturday the 16th April 2011 at Marselisborg Castle in Aarhus. There will be no birthday parade at Amalienborg Palace with consequent celebrations in Copenhagen this day.

Queen's birthday marked in Marselisborg Castle following guidelines:

From kl. 11.00 The audience will have access to the garden in front and east of the palace under the direction of Castle Guard and Police.

Cl. 11.45 The Royal Life Guards Band and acceding guard marching from Guard Yard to watch.

Cl. 12.00 Guard change takes place.
After changing of the guard marching Band during music ring in front of the castle.

Queen and the present royal family comes out on the porch.

When was the last time that the Queen celebrated her birthday at Marselisborg Castle ?
Doesn't she usually go their for Easter ??

Wonder which members of the family will attend - two days before her birthday will be the Christening which many famiky members will not want to miss

Summary of note in Billed Bladet #09, 2011.
I Aarhus på sin fødselsdag - In Aarhus on her birthday.
Written by Ken Richter.

QMII will celebrate her 71st birthday at Marselisborg in Aarhus this year.

The last time she cebrated her birthday in Jutland was for five years ago, where a very young Christian took almost all the attention.

But will M&F show up? That's far from certain, not with four small children.

The PR-chief, Lene Balleby says: "I don't think either that the entire family will gather this year".

- The advantages of the "balcony scene" at Marselisborg is that it makes it easier for the photographers to get some good close-ups.
Aarhus is located either about 4 hours by car or 3 hours by car and ferry from Copenhagen. That's fairly long with four children!
And 3 hours from Schackenborg by car, depending on the traffic and pit stops.

:denmarkstandard:

Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II will celebrate her 71 birthday today at Marselisborg Palace,Aarhus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom