Queen Margrethe's Birthday: April 16 (2003-2019, 2021 - 2024)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's try and focus people.

FOCUS.

This topic is reserved for Margrethe's birthday, but if you would like to discuss Frederik and Mary's absence as well as his sailing adventures please head on over to the Crown Prince Couple sub-section or click on this topic.

prince christian is only a baby so he can get away wearing silly cute outfits and when he older he will probably wear sensible colthes
i think its nice seeing the family together for the queen's brithday

the two ladies look delightful. marie seems to be really happy and so does joachim and the kids. it's a shame fred and mary with christian and isabella couldn't join them. would have been the first picture with all the family together with the addition of marie!

The boys have grown up! They look lovely. Glad to see them :)

I think it was very fitting that this year featured the soon to be married couple with the Queen and Prince Henrik. Lovely pics to see!

And I don't agree that Marie looks like Mary's twin. That comparison is becoming a new pet peeve of mine! They have completely different style, different hair length and different shades of brown, different skin tones(way different), different face structure. They are two different people! I feel like people are trying extra hard to push these two together, it's weird.

Great pictures! A little disappointing that Frederik, Mary, and kids weren't there, but I was so glad to see Joachim, Marie, Nikolai, and Felix. All adults and kids looked relaxed and happy, the ladies were lovely, and the little boys were cute, as always.

Thank you all for the pictures! Marie looks beautiful. And the kids seems to enjoy waving at the people below ;)

Even though the queen wore black, the outfit was still nice. :)

I think it was very fitting that this year featured the soon to be married couple with the Queen and Prince Henrik. Lovely pics to see!

And I don't agree that Marie looks like Mary's twin. That comparison is becoming a new pet peeve of mine! They have completely different style, different hair length and different shades of brown, different skin tones(way different), different face structure. They are two different people! I feel like people are trying extra hard to push these two together, it's weird.

You are absolutely right. Even though they have the same name and are brunette, they do not look alike. They have their own style and personality.And each one will have a different role to play in the DRF as Mary will be the king's consort and Marie will be the princess, wife of Joachim.

I think Marie could pass for Mary's younger sister. They aren't twins, but they do look similar.

Nikolai's hair looks darker, almost black, as opposed to brown. Poor Felix is still too small to see over the railing. In this picture: Happy Birthday! - Bilder - BUNTE it looks like Grandpa Henrik is bending down to pick him up again like last year XD

Will the whole royal family be at the balcony at the royal palace in Copenhagen for the queen's birthday???

Will the whole royal family be at the balcony at the royal palace in Copenhagen for the queen's birthday???

Aorrding to the Royal House, yes. But we need to wait until thrusday to see if the children will join to them.

I anledning af H.M. Dronningens fødselsdag viser Regentparret sig med Kronprinsparret, Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie på balkonen, Christian IX´s Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 12.00.

You can also check the calendar that JessRulz takes the time to translate into English to find out who is suppose to appear on the balcony along with HM. :)

It would be lovely to see all of them. However isn't Joachim's two sons still in China?? Are Marie & Joachim in Copenhagen or Jutland

It would be lovely to see all of them. However isn't Joachim's two sons still in China?? Are Marie & Joachim in Copenhagen or Jutland

Considering that Princess Marie is next to give birth maybe they could be in copenaguen.

The article with the picture of Princess Marie and her mother (and Marie resting her head on her mother's shoulder) had information as to their whereabouts, however it was written in Danish and I'm not sure of what it said.

I tried to translate a little, and maybe it was that they would be in Copenhagen for the birthday, then Schackenborg, then back to Cop to be closer to the hospital. I hope someone can translate the article.

It would be very nice to have pictures of their balcony appearance on the occasion of the queen's birthday.

I hope someone posts any that are taken.

At various times in the past the children all have been on the balcony for HM's birthday, but as has been said, there has been no mention of Christian & Isabella, and the 2 boys have just been travelling, so we will have to wait and see.

But, rylt11, you can be sure pictures will be posted here ;):)

I could imagine Joachim and Marie beeing in Copenhagen for Margrethes birthday, back to Shackenborg, and then on the 26th, Joachim is present for something which I think is in Copenhagen, maybe that's when they will settle there. If they have given out a later due date than it really is, like royals use to, her due day is in the very beginning of may. :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
for how many years has this been a event?
has she missed any year?

Here is a short video of the balcony appearance.

thanks dazzling. that event is a crowd puller, really. nice to see the whole family in a good mood. too bad that frederik and mary did not lift their children up to get a better glimpse especially on christian. isabella is such a cutie, she wasn't really happy when everybody went back inside :)

Thanks for the video!!!

Isabella seems to enjoy this moment!! she didn't want to go back inside!!!lol

The whole family was great!!!

Can't wait for pics!

the family is starting to get big, soon tehy need a new belcony.

Back
Top Bottom