Queen Margrethe's Birthday: April 16 (2003-2019, 2021 - 2024)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think little Christian's jacket is the same one he wore in the family holiday photos.

Is it spring already in Denmark?The weather is warm already? This new haircut makes Mary looks really old to me!

Last edited:
I think Mary dresses Christian in clothes he feels most comfortable in especially for such appearances so that it does not result in tantrums due to uncomfortable clothes. My young cousin, by the time she was 1 1/2 usually insisted on being dressed in certain dresses as they felt more comfortable to her than the frilly, prety dresses people bought for her and as this saved a lot of hassle in terms of avoiding an irritated and hyper child, my aunt gave in to it. I suspect it is the same for Christian. Also Christian appears a lot more times in front of the cameras than his counterparts, so that is why we feel he is repeating the clothes. I don't mind as long as they are appropriate enough and comfortable to him.

Thanks for all the links. Christian is so adorable! :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Politiken.dk - det levende net
wonderful photo montage of the day (hit the arrow button to start)
the photo of christian peeking out of the balcony railing is my favorite of the day.

I have to agree with biboquinhas, I'm not loving Mary's haircut either. Not sure though if it makes her look old I just think it makes her look more "business/newscaster type". I do think it's strange that Christian is dressed in the same shirt so often as well. It's a roya family and they have access to pics of the last public appearance surely they can see those pics and not dress him in the same thing. Gee, I even keep track of what I wear to my own large family events so that everyone isn't always seeing me in the same thing. Surely he has more than 1 favorite shirt to wear. And I know this was said by someone much earlier in Mary's pregnancy and I'm going to say it again: Should she be picking up Christian at this stage of her pregnancy? Now I'm not an expert on things like this but it doesn't seem that wise to pick up a child of his size at the stage of pregnancy that she's at.

all a little prince! ha ha! mary look very happy and helthy.

Aurora810 said:
I have to agree with biboquinhas, I'm not loving Mary's haircut either. Not sure though if it makes her look old I just think it makes her look more "business/newscaster type". I do think it's strange that Christian is dressed in the same shirt so often as well. It's a roya family and they have access to pics of the last public appearance surely they can see those pics and not dress him in the same thing. Gee, I even keep track of what I wear to my own large family events so that everyone isn't always seeing me in the same thing. Surely he has more than 1 favorite shirt to wear. And I know this was said by someone much earlier in Mary's pregnancy and I'm going to say it again: Should she be picking up Christian at this stage of her pregnancy? Now I'm not an expert on things like this but it doesn't seem that wise to pick up a child of his size at the stage of pregnancy that she's at.

He only wore that shirt once before.

I just thought of something. This is a Monday typically a school day. Although we don't know what days Christian goes to school but maybe the shirt he's wearing is because he's going to school or he's been at school. Depending on what time these pics were taken. Maybe his school has a dress code and this shirt is part of the dress code. Just a thought.

Aww that is so cute I am so happy to see the three grandchildren. Margrethe has worn that outfit before. I wish there was a video:wub:

It was so nice to see ALL of this family together on the balcony. Nikolai and Felix were there too...and the picture where Prince Henri is lifting Felix up is really cute! I would have liked to see a picture of all three grand-kids together, as in right by each other.

Last edited:
crm2317 said:
Margrethe has worn that outfit before.

Well the lightweight coat at least. Just last year she paired that multi-colored coat with a blue-ish/gray blouse and a gray skirt. I just went back and looked at the pics which are in the Danish Royal Family Current Events Part 1 and a few in Part 2.

christian has really gotten the hang of the "wave", he is really enjoying it. the pictures of Mary getting hit in the head were well captured. Mary also seems like she suddenly gotten bigger (belly area), she is looking great. all pictures are beautiful, thanks for sharing

Aurora810 said:
I just thought of something. This is a Monday typically a school day. Although we don't know what days Christian goes to school but maybe the shirt he's wearing is because he's going to school or he's been at school. Depending on what time these pics were taken. Maybe his school has a dress code and this shirt is part of the dress code. Just a thought.
What Christian is attending is not a school and is not considered to be anything like a school in Denmark - even though it is most commenly translated to nursery school in English. Look upon it as a pre-kindergarten - and there is no dress code whatsoever in that (Danish parents of children that age would probably have a fit if there were ;) ).

As to your comment whether Mary should pick up Christian in her present state of pregnancy. Yes she should; all healthy mothers in her situation do that and have done that through time.

a very happy birthday, and hope for many more.

very cute pictures too, especially when christian was hitting his poor mother!

UserDane said:
What Christian is attending is not a school and is not considered to be anything like a school in Denmark - even though it is most commenly translated to nursery school in English. Look upon it as a pre-kindergarten - and there is no dress code whatsoever in that (Danish parents of children that age would probably have a fit if there were ;) ).

As to your comment whether Mary should pick up Christian in her present state of pregnancy. Yes she should; all healthy mothers in her situation do that and have done that through time.

Well I was stretching for a reason as to the repeat shirt but that's gone now. I still find it odd. I guess I just wish Christian wasn't growing up so fast. I'm sorry but the last two times I've seen him he hasn't resembled a toddler at all but instead a little man. I miss last year's look of him in a goofy hat. Oh well I guess all kids grow up too fast.

And I really wasn't asking a question about Mary picking him up and I'm certainly no expert but in my opinion it seems it should be avoided.

Well, we each have our own opinions, but IMO Christian looked really cute! So, who cares if he's worn that shirt before? He is a growing boy. Even though he is a little prince and they can afford it, why should his parents by him a whole wardrobe, when in a couple of months he'll outgrow his outfits?

As for Mary lifting him, she should as long as she is healty. Let's not make a big issue out of it. I'm sure if she didn't feel like she should/could, she wouldn't do it. Just my opinion.

i think they all look great, especially the queen. mary looks very happy, but WOW! is she getting big with child. it probably won't be long before the baby is going to be coming! ;)

i don't think its wrong that she's picking christian up even this late in her pregnancy. she should probably just be careful, because

a) she's huge with child- it's probably hard to lift anything at the moment!
b) Christian's not exactly tiny- he's a very healthy, big boy, but she needs to be careful when holding him because he could get very heavy, very fast.

MissSaga said:
to answer the What is Christian doing part...probably what most lil kids do...experimenting to see what happens. I know I tried the sticking my head between the ballisters (i think thats what thier called) at my mother's friend's house when I was probably 4 (you'd think since I was older I would have known better), just wanted to see if I could get closer to the adults conversation downstairs (aka eavesdropping). Ended up crying because my head got stuck and my terrified parents had to help me.Or maybe he's turning into a dare devil:lol: who knows. Kids can be unpredictable sometimes.

I barely see Felix. Mostly camera focus on Christian and it seems no one mentioned Nikolai and Felix.

In MissSaga's post, the second one down you can see both Nikolai and Felix...though barely (is that the one you meant by?). It does seem that the photographers where more focused on the Queen, Crown Prince Frederick, Crown Princess Mary and Prince Christian that they completely ignored Joachim and his kids. A little biased, but we can't control the photographers *sigh*

kimlan said:
I barely see Felix. Mostly camera focus on Christian and it seems no one mentioned Nikolai and Felix.
Kimlan, you can see the older boys as well in this gallery posted at Politiken's website Politiken.dk - det levende net - including one where prince Henrik lifts up Felix.

puppigurl2005 said:
In MissSaga's post, the second one down you can see both Nikolai and Felix...though barely (is that the one you meant by?). It does seem that the photographers where more focused on the Queen, Crown Prince Frederick, Crown Princess Mary and Prince Christian that they completely ignored Joachim and his kids. A little biased, but we can't control the photographers *sigh*
That is what most people tend to do isn't it? Following the antics of small children at Christian's age. When Nikolai was Christian's age every single camera was following him and his mum during these balcony scenes :)

I think the younger of the two boys is an unfortunate height. He seems to be hidden behind all the railings. Perhaps a small box for him to stand on may have made him easier to see. The balcony doesn't seem to be a very big one either, Joachim did seem to be squashed in at the end. Still, it was nice to see them all.

And when the little one is born, all the cameras will be pointed at her / him;)

MissSaga said:
He only wore that shirt once before.
I think he has wore that shirt three times. One on is birthday pictures (I'am not sure if it is the same shirt althougth he has wore one very similiar) another time in the first day of school and then now! I think that he should have mucht more shirts to wear!:ROFLMAO: But of course there is nothing wrong with that, this is just a simple notice from me!

Great pics, thanks everyone! :flowers: Poor Mary, getting poked in the eye by her little boy

We can assume that most of the members of the Royal family like dogs!If Marie should get to live amoung Royals she will take her two dogs to party with Ziggy and with Prince Henrik dachhunds!

Back
Top Bottom