The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Happy Birthday to Her Majesty, many happy returns! The family is a thing of beauty!

Old 04-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Muhler,
Just wanted to thank you for your advice! I got to Amalienborg at 10:30 and it worked out perfectly! I couldn't have got closer - front and center!! Got some great pics of everyone, I even have one of Frederick looking at me!! The gaurds paraded around and they stoped right in front of where I was too!! The crowds were great, and the people I talked to were so friendly! They asked where I was from and the gentleman who was with his granddaughter told me which palace was Frederick and Mary's, and pointed out which direction to move when the time came!

Oh and bonus!! After lunch I went to Rosenborg and the Queen and Prince Henrik were there too!! Got some close pictures there too!!
That's great.
I'm glad you had the best seat in the house.
I trust you waved the Maple Leaf as best as you could.

Please tell us more about your impressions.
First hand accounts from members are always better than reading about it in magazines.
The Marble Room at Rosenborg was inaugurated today. The renovation was paid for by the late Mærsk McKinney. I presume you were standing outside?

Old 04-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anele14 View Post
The Queen is beautiful and seems enchanted with her grandchildren.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Very nice to see the whole family. All the children are growing but especially the twins look so grown up!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler

That's great.
I'm glad you had the best seat in the house.
I trust you waved the Maple Leaf as best as you could.

Please tell us more about your impressions.
First hand accounts from members are always better than reading about it in magazines.
The Marble Room at Rosenborg was inaugurated today. The renovation was paid for by the late Mærsk McKinney. I presume you were standing outside?
Well, as for my impressions...at Amalienborg the crowds were loud and boistrous! The ladies around me would call out to the kids and talked about the latest addition on the balcony!! (The kids drew just as many cheers as HM!) We were all excited when we saw Joachim and Marie drive by on their way inside the palace as we could tell the baby was in tow! We were all waving our flags and cheering loudly every time the family came out. Yes, I waved the Maple Leaf and Dannebrog as best I could! - kind of a tricky proposition when trying to snap pics!! In the end, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Like I said, nice, friendly people around - made for a lovely, memorable afternoon for this Canadian!!

As for seeing the Royal Couple later, yes, I was outside. I just got into Rosenborg and noticed the royal car. I saw a group of photographers come out and asked a lady standing nearby who was inside and she told me that it was the Queen and Prince Henrik. We waited around for 30 minutes or so - not a big crowd mind you ( i think 10 or so maybe?). Every time the door opened, we would all gasp in anticipation, and then groan when it was not them. We all laughed every time it happened!!. When they did emerge, we all wished HM a happy birthday. She waved as they drove off (i think) and I high tailed it back to my hotel to warm up - it was cold in the wind and shade!!!

I've noticed such respect and restraint towards the royal family at Rosenborg. We all stood at the edge of the pavemement on the grass, no one needed to tell us to stand back or anything - it didn't look like there was anyone to do so as a matter of fact! (though there probably was!) Seemed kinda surreal almost.

Sorry to ramble on! Was a heck of a day!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness

Happy Birthday to Queen Margrethe!

It was so nice to see the family! Nikolai and Felix are both getting to be so grown-up, and are definitely going to be heartbreakers soon. Both are really good-looking young men. Little Henrik is adorable, but the poor little boy is at the awkward phase of being too small to see over the balcony railing, so it was hard to see him! I wonder why Joachim didn't hold him- maybe he's at the stage where he wants to be a big boy and do everything himself! The Little Princess is so sweet, and I can't wait to find out her name!

Christian and Isabella are really growing up a lot as well, and both seem to be great big siblings. I can't believe how much the twins have grown, and how much hair that they have! They're looking less like babies and more like small people! Josephine looks like she'll probably have a good sense of humor someday, and Vincent's going to be really, really good-looking, although he really does need a haircut :)
Old 04-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh such wonderful pictures, I had been hoping to see a video or two from the balcony scene on Danish television, but quite understandably all the news programs are filled with the sad passing of Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller.

It's great to see all the grandchildren on the balcony, had not expected (the incredibly adorable) little sleeping beauty (that nickname just doesn't seem to work anymore) to come along. The twins have grown so much since last time we saw them! Margrethe looked so happy to be surrounded by her lovely family on her big day.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Great to see the family! The twins look so big!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Muhler,
Just wanted to thank you for your advice! I got to Amalienborg at 10:30 and it worked out perfectly! I couldn't have got closer - front and center!! Got some great pics of everyone, I even have one of Frederick looking at me!! The gaurds paraded around and they stoped right in front of where I was too!! The crowds were great, and the people I talked to were so friendly! They asked where I was from and the gentleman who was with his granddaughter told me which palace was Frederick and Mary's, and pointed out which direction to move when the time came!

Oh and bonus!! After lunch I went to Rosenborg and the Queen and Prince Henrik were there too!! Got some close pictures there too!!
It sounds like you really got something royal out of your stay here in CPH
There´s always a good mood at Amalienborg Square, when waiting for everything to start.

Did you notice the policemen? Usually it´s the old men, who gets the duty at Amalienborg I don´t know why, but it is
Old 04-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Aristocracy

Happy Birthday to QM! What lovely photos. I can't help thinking that Josephine is like the Prince Consort. Someone pointed it out another time and I can see it too.

Oh and Princess Marie and lille princesse. Beautiful. Marie seems to be glowing.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Gentry

All the children look wonderful
Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Courtier

All the children are beautiful but Prince Vincent just steals my heart and he looks gorgeous with his hair that length although it will be interesting to see how he will look with short hair. The Queen must be chuffed at her beautiful grandchildren. Even at this young age it seems as if she has already taken Pr Christian under her guiding hand for what lays ahead in the years to come. (Noit that his parents don't do it I'm sure.) Thanks for the links to all the pics.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

the kids are sooo adorable, especially the little new princess! I cant wait for the chistening
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Courtier

But why royal dachshunds didn't assist to this balcony scene? I rememeber in the past there was always one (brown) who had "his" part in festivities...
Old 04-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Another gallery from "Diez Minutos"

La Reina Margarita celebra su 72 cumpleaños en familia - Otras monarquías - Familia Real - Revista de corazón, prensa rosa y famosos - Diez Minutos
Old 04-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB
It sounds like you really got something royal out of your stay here in CPH
There´s always a good mood at Amalienborg Square, when waiting for everything to start.

Did you notice the policemen? Usually it´s the old men, who gets the duty at Amalienborg I don´t know why, but it is
There was a few older police - they seem to engage the children and one in particular had them singing. The others, well, not to be too crass, but they can arrest me anytime!! Hubba hubba!!! LOL
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Royal Highness

Los más pequeños de la Familia Real danesa, protagonistas del cumpleaños de la reina Margarita - Foto 1

Isabella is such a little beauty. I think she has such a gentle radiance.

Thanks for the many pictures. It's amazing how much Vincent and Josephine has grown and what long cute hair they have got
Old 04-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarat View Post
But why royal dachshunds didn't assist to this balcony scene? I rememeber in the past there was always one (brown) who had "his" part in festivities...
I'd assume it's because the royal family has grown quite a bit in recent years.
The balcony is quite small so the royals had to make appearances in turns - first Frederik and Mary's family with the Regnant couple, then Joachim and Marie's family with the Regnant couple, and than all the grandchildren with the Queen and Prince Henrik; there simply wasn't a space for dachshunds.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I absolutely love this picture of the Queen and little Isabella holding hands.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarat View Post
That was Balthazar and he ALWAYS took part in it I remember calling him out on the balcony when QMII turned 50.
Can you remember the part where Prince Joachim came out with him under the jacket? That was my friend and I who called on Balthazar. When he ran inside, we called again. Then QMII waved her hand at us and said "Han vil ikke" (He won´t come)

Tags
birthday, margrethe, margrethe ii, queen margrethe, queen margrethe's birthday