The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Serene Highness

I think it was very fitting that this year featured the soon to be married couple with the Queen and Prince Henrik. Lovely pics to see!

And I don't agree that Marie looks like Mary's twin. That comparison is becoming a new pet peeve of mine! They have completely different style, different hair length and different shades of brown, different skin tones(way different), different face structure. They are two different people! I feel like people are trying extra hard to push these two together, it's weird.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Royal Highness

Great pictures! A little disappointing that Frederik, Mary, and kids weren't there, but I was so glad to see Joachim, Marie, Nikolai, and Felix. All adults and kids looked relaxed and happy, the ladies were lovely, and the little boys were cute, as always.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post

Great pics! I love the pic in the bottom left corner, little Felix still has not grown enough to clearly see over the balcony railing.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Nobility

Thank you all for the pictures! Marie looks beautiful. And the kids seems to enjoy waving at the people below

Even though the queen wore black, the outfit was still nice.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:36 AM
Serene Highness

Article and pictures from Hola.com
MARIE CAVALLIER, 'REINA' DEL 68º CUMPLEAÑOS DE MARGARITA II
Galerías de imágenes
Old 04-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
I think it was very fitting that this year featured the soon to be married couple with the Queen and Prince Henrik. Lovely pics to see!

And I don't agree that Marie looks like Mary's twin. That comparison is becoming a new pet peeve of mine! They have completely different style, different hair length and different shades of brown, different skin tones(way different), different face structure. They are two different people! I feel like people are trying extra hard to push these two together, it's weird.

You are absolutely right. Even though they have the same name and are brunette, they do not look alike. They have their own style and personality.And each one will have a different role to play in the DRF as Mary will be the king's consort and Marie will be the princess, wife of Joachim.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Commoner

i think its great to see them happy a way a family should be
Old 04-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Courtier

I think Marie could pass for Mary's younger sister. They aren't twins, but they do look similar.

Nikolai's hair looks darker, almost black, as opposed to brown. Poor Felix is still too small to see over the railing. In this picture: Happy Birthday! - Bilder - BUNTE it looks like Grandpa Henrik is bending down to pick him up again like last year XD
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 04-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is a nice article from Billed Bladet in regards to Her Majesty's birthday. The photo is also lovely.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

Will the whole royal family be at the balcony at the royal palace in Copenhagen for the queen's birthday???

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 04-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cécile76 View Post
Will the whole royal family be at the balcony at the royal palace in Copenhagen for the queen's birthday???
Aorrding to the Royal House, yes. But we need to wait until thrusday to see if the children will join to them.

Quote:
I anledning af H.M. Dronningens fødselsdag viser Regentparret sig med Kronprinsparret, Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie på balkonen, Christian IX´s Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 12.00.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cécile76 View Post
You can also check the calendar that JessRulz takes the time to translate into English to find out who is suppose to appear on the balcony along with HM.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Courtier

It would be lovely to see all of them. However isn't Joachim's two sons still in China?? Are Marie & Joachim in Copenhagen or Jutland
Old 04-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
It would be lovely to see all of them. However isn't Joachim's two sons still in China?? Are Marie & Joachim in Copenhagen or Jutland
Considering that Princess Marie is next to give birth maybe they could be in copenaguen.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Courtier

The article with the picture of Princess Marie and her mother (and Marie resting her head on her mother's shoulder) had information as to their whereabouts, however it was written in Danish and I'm not sure of what it said.

I tried to translate a little, and maybe it was that they would be in Copenhagen for the birthday, then Schackenborg, then back to Cop to be closer to the hospital. I hope someone can translate the article.

It would be very nice to have pictures of their balcony appearance on the occasion of the queen's birthday.

I hope someone posts any that are taken.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

At various times in the past the children all have been on the balcony for HM's birthday, but as has been said, there has been no mention of Christian & Isabella, and the 2 boys have just been travelling, so we will have to wait and see.

But, rylt11, you can be sure pictures will be posted here
Old 04-16-2009, 04:06 AM
Aristocracy

I could imagine Joachim and Marie beeing in Copenhagen for Margrethes birthday, back to Shackenborg, and then on the 26th, Joachim is present for something which I think is in Copenhagen, maybe that's when they will settle there. If they have given out a later due date than it really is, like royals use to, her due day is in the very beginning of may. :-D
Old 04-16-2009, 04:09 AM
Majesty

Fredensborg Palace last night:

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe
Old 04-16-2009, 05:32 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Today Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, and Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will appear on the balcony of Christian IX Palace at 12:00h on occasion of the 69th birthday of the Queen.

Maybe it can be wachted online here:
wwiTV - Watch Live webcast of DR Update, Denmark, -.
Or here:
wwiTV - Watch Live webcast of DR 1, Denmark, -.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Majesty

for how many years has this been a event?
has she missed any year?

Tags
birthday, margrethe, margrethe ii, queen margrethe, queen margrethe's birthday