Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctejnoe
The thing about Christian re-wearing his suit...Do any of us really think its necessary to supply a little growing child with more than one suit? He'll grow out of it in 6 months...
I think its the same suit/jacket he wore on christmas.

Quote:
And why does Joachin insists on dressing Felix and Nikolai as if they were twins? I've always thought it a bit odd...How unfortunate that Felix is exactly the wrong height for the balcony
Next year, iam sure, we'll be able to see him
dressing the boys in the same thing is cute imo, especially that there is not a huge gap difference...anyways they are so adorable, think theyll have so much fun with christian when he gets abit older. Maybe we could see young naughty boys running along the balcony

Old 04-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

i also think there's no point in buying different suits for christian for only once. i'm sure he wears something less formal and more confortable at home, so the suits are really only for this kind of ocassions. kids grow relatively fast to buy 10 suits for him to be wore once only.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The thing about Christian re-wearing his suit...Do any of us really think its necessary to supply a little growing child with more than one suit? He'll grow out of it in 6 months...
Talking about re-wearing a suit - queen Margrethe wore the same suit last year at her birthday too - and she is NOT growing out of it in 6 months...

I like the idea of recycling but not the same thing at the same occation two years in a row. What if queen Silvia wore the same dress at two Nobel galas?
Old 04-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Queen Margrethe's 68th Birthday, April 2008

Queen Margrethe II will celebrate her 68th Birthday tomorrow , 16th of April 2008.

As every year the Royal Family (hopefully also Marie ) will attend at the Balcony.

Later M II will also attend the official opening of recently renovated Rosenborg Castle.

Rosenborg Slot - De Danske Kongers Kronologiske Samlinger

Old 04-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Queen Margrethe II will celebrate her 68th Birthday tomorrow , 16th of April 2008.

As every year the Royal Family (hopefully also Marie ) will attend at the Balcony.

Later M II will also attend the official opening of recently renovated Rosenborg Castle.

Rosenborg Slot - De Danske Kongers Kronologiske Samlinger

CrownPrince Frederik will not be at the balcony because he is partisipating the world championship in his Farr 40 boat...hopefull he has a birteday pressent to his mother and daugther when he come home to Denmark.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe View Post
CrownPrince Frederik will not be at the balcony because he is partisipating the world championship in his Farr 40 boat...hopefull he has a birteday pressent to his mother and daugther when he come home to Denmark.
He's racing again?Hope he "drops" nothing overboard this time....

Dearest Daisy will be 68,wow,seems time passed even faster then I already thought.A grand Lady!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

So, even if Mister Crown Prince won't be able to attend at the balcony : I hope his wife and two beautiful kiddies will be present. Although it's sad... it's always awesome to see Freddy with his kids.

I just hope to see Joachim and Marie (and of course Felix and Nikolai) at the Balcony together. Would be nice to see Marie during such a family event. We have seen her quite rarely since the engagement and the wedding will be already next month (hard to belive ), so it would great to see her being introduced in Family traditions.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

wow 68 What a Lady
Old 04-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

It's a little sad Frederik can't be there, but hopefully everybody else can! I hope we get to see Nikolai, Felix, Christian, and Isabella. I would hope Marie will be there, as this will be a big royal step for her.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

More information in regards to her birthday today, and the events following can be found here, including the reinauguaration of Rosenborg Slot, and to watch a short clip please click here.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:22 AM
Courtier

I'm very appreciative of this, Glittering Tiaras. Thank you, very much.

After my own Queen, Denmark's is, by far, a great favourite with me.

I just love her confidence and self-assurance and her particular sense of artistry and style.

I hope that her birthday was a happy and memorable one.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
More information in regards to her birthday today, and the events following can be found here, including the reinauguaration of Rosenborg Slot, and to watch a short clip please click here.

Thanks for the video GlitteringTiaras, very nice to see the palace from the inside. Just to make sure I'm not mistaking, since I don't understand a word of Danish, were they cleaning the palace and preparing everything for the Queens birthday today? I know they always appear on the balcony, hope to see little Isa, she must have grown so much. Is there some big party, or dinner during the afternoon as well?
Old 04-16-2008, 06:07 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I saw on Tv2 the balcony, Mary didn´t attend. Just Queen, Prince Consort, Prince Joachim with Marie, Nikolai and Felix.

Article and Photos
Marie vist frem på balkonen
Old 04-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
I saw on Tv2 the balcony, Mary didn´t attend. Just Queen, Prince Consort, Prince Joachim with Marie, Nikolai and Felix.
That´s strange.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Really? That's odd. Great to hear Marie was present this year, but too bad we won't get to see Isa and Cristian then. Maybe they went with Frederik, he's sailing somewhere isn't he?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Mary could be away with the kids with Frederik. It wouldve been nice if they attended but its also nice that Marie got her space. I mean, if Fred, Mary & the kids where there, I would think they would take all the spotlight away.
Marie looked nice, it was nice to see her attending.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Was so looking forward to seeing Mary on the balcony with the children!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Courtier

Another article with a big picture:

jp.dk - Marie debuterede på dronningens balkon
Old 04-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Was so looking forward to seeing Mary on the balcony with the children!
Me too but everyone that was there looked wonderful, the boys have grown so much since last year.

Happy Birthday to Queen Margrethe - may she celebrate many, many more!
Old 04-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Mary could be away with the kids with Frederik. It wouldve been nice if they attended but its also nice that Marie got her space. I mean, if Fred, Mary & the kids where there, I would think they would take all the spotlight away.
Marie looked nice, it was nice to see her attending.
Good point, now that I come to think of it, I actually quite like the fact they were not there, at least this way for the first (and probably last) time, Marie will be the one who had all the focus, without being overshadowed by Mary or the kids. She looked great. Too bad the Queen wore black, it's not the most festive colour. Does anyone know if Mary was there last year, it's very close to Isa's birthday!

Tags
birthday, margrethe, margrethe ii, queen margrethe, queen margrethe's birthday