Queen Margrethe's Birthday: April 16 (2003-2019, 2021 - 2024)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
almee said:
Regarding the above photo, I can see why QM made such a face...Christian is a hefty little thing isn't he? (Meant in the nicest way possible, of course. I love Denmark's Royal Family). She looks as though she was trying to hold on. Ha Ha
:D I see what you mean... I could easily imagine that Prince Christian is quite a heavy royal highness. When I was there, however, it seemed as if Her Majesty simply made a 'funny face' to Christian while she was 'dancing' with him during the Life Guards' performance of "Happy Birthday". That having been said, the Queen did seem to be in some discomfort when she handed Prince Christian over to his mother. I guess that she made a certain movement which really hurt her already stressed back!

/Lasse Pedersen

a couple more from ppe

more from Hola :

Last edited by a moderator:
Baby Christian is soooooo adorable :p. I managed to get an avastar (my first) of him in that adorable suit. ;) :p

Last edited:
Wow more photo prince Christian! His grandmother is Queen Margrethe see out happy three grandchildren. Queen Margrethe is love mother and grandmother!!! Happy Birthday Queen Margrethe 66th birthday!

purple_platinum said:
Baby Christian wasn't the only cutie on the balcony. Just look what Prince Henrik has under his arm.

Those of you who think Mary didn't smile bright enough; don't forget this was the Queen's birthday. It would be VERY inappropriate if Mary, or anyone else in the party, tried to outsmile the Queen.

prince christian is so adorable in that outfit!!!!!! :) he looks heavy though... he's growing up pretty fast

Yes Prince Christian did look adorable in that outfit. :)

The pictures are beautiful. Thanks for posting.

Prince Christian is getting more adorable everytime we see him. He's definitely inherited the DRF baby cuteness. Following in the footsteps of his cousins, Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix in the cuteness department.

Just had a question: I've noticed that PF, along with a lot of other dads when holding their sons, holds Christian a particular way, whereas PM and QM hold him differently. Is there a reason for this? Is this a father son bonding thing? Seeing that I'm not a mommy yet, I'm not familiar with these things. If there is even anything to the observation.

Prince Christian is Cute but Mary looks restless .....All the danish offsprings are very beautiful kids :D

If I may add one more comment about sweet little Christian's hat - this type of babies hat is very popular in Australia at the moment. They seem to be in all the shops. Most people recognise them for what they are i.e. a very cute little hat for a baby, which is sure to raise a smile.

Daddy's little man he still manages to look adorable even with that goofy hat on his head. You have a lot great photos of Christian and the rest of the royal family.

Her Majesty's Birthday, April 16, 2007

Today, the following press release was issued by The Royal Danish Court regarding the 67th birthday of Margrethe II, Her Majesty The Queen:

Her Majesty The Queen’s Birthday

Amalienborg, April 2, 2007

On the occasion of Her Majesty The Queen’s birthday on Monday April 16 2007, The Reigning Couple will make an appearance on the balcony of Christian IX’s Palace, Amalienborg, at 12.00. The Royal Life Guards will be dressed in the red gala uniform.

Congratulatory lists will be put forth in The Yellow Palace, Amaliegade 18, from 10.00-14.00.

Ove Ullerup,
Lord Chamberlain

Original press release in Danish: Hendes Majestæt Dronningens fødselsdag

Lasse Pedersen

Yay!! I loved seeing them on the balcony last year for MII's birthday. What are the chances that Fred, Mary and Christian on the balcony with MII & Henrik?

Last edited:
JessRulz said:
Yay!! I loved seeing them on the balcony last year for MII's birthday. What are the chances that Fred, Mary and Christian on the balcony with MII & Henrik?

No idea:) I wondered about this too, because usually, the press releases regarding Her Majesty's birthday state that The Reigning Couple and the family members present will make a balcony appearance. But I am sure that TRH The Crown Prince Couple, Prince Christian and Prince Joachim with children will be present... I hope so, at least;)

/Lasse

According to the CPMMB, the following people were on the balcony for the Queen's Birthday:
-Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik
-Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary & Prince Christian
-Prince Joachim, Prince Nikolai & Prince Felix

:flowers:

Australian-born Crown Princess Mary reacts after being tapped in the face by her son Prince Christian Monday April 16, 2007, on the balcony of Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen, Denmark. The royal family gathered on the balcony for the traditional birthday appearance by Queen Margrethe. At right is Crown Prince Frederik, heir to the Danish throne

Gallery from ppe

PPE Agency

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of pictures from me. I was standing on a balcony not overly long away, but my camera doesn't have a very good zoom... Nevertheless, it gives a good impression of the mass of people who gathered to pay tribute to their sovereign.
0007t6hk

0007wpzg

Thanks for the pics fanletizia.
Everyone looks great!

Wonderful pictures! thank you. It seemed little Christian was crying when put down. Mary looked great as usual.

Christian is starting to look more like his father. Whats more, even for a little one, he is awfully chubby... but in little ones that is cute. I just hope that he doesn't stay that way... I am not so sure about thin babys.. they always look so ill.

After a long time got to see the whole family including the three grandchildren. Do you think the baby has dropped and we can expect a prince/princess in a few days or will it be a May baby?

Empress said:
Christian is starting to look more like his father. Whats more, even for a little one, he is awfully chubby... but in little ones that is cute. I just hope that he doesn't stay that way... I am not so sure about thin babys.. they always look so ill.
Christian has inherited the chubby cheeks which his father had as well when he was at his age - Frederik's ´cheeks at that age look even more impressive in pictures :)

It's been some time since the entire family was gathered at the balcony, it's nice to see them again:flowers:

Everybody looked great; Mary looked fantastic, beautiful clothes and hair, and belly ;) , and Christian is so cute, chubby, and he has the bluest eyes ever. Adorable. Frederik looks very handsome with his new haircut(finally!). Magrethe looks genouisely happy, as does Henrik.

Simply can't wait for the new baby to arrive.

Do you think the baby has dropped and we can expect a prince/princess in a few days or will it be a May baby?
I think before May . I would have prefered it to be a May baby though.

Christian looks so nice and it's so nice to see him so soon again! I love de Danish Royal family because we can see them almoust every day in the week, working in the usual public events or just walking, they have always a smile on their face, they know their position in life!
It's strange that Mary always dress Christian with the same shirt, I think it is the third time we can get to see little Christian with that same shirt! Well strange for Royals, not strange at all for people like us.....

Back
Top Bottom