Queen Margrethe's Annual Press Conference & Holidays In Cahors: 2003-2009, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
more from PPE & Getty

notice the photos hung on Chateau de Caix.. pictures of Joachim & Alexandra, and of Margarethe & Henrik.

Attachments

• 71612296.jpg
    71612296.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 326
  • 71612297.jpg
    71612297.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 71612299.jpg
    71612299.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 423
  • 71612328.jpg
    71612328.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 289
  • 06080906.jpg
    06080906.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 352
  • 06080907.jpg
    06080907.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 274
  • 06080912.jpg
    06080912.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 06080915.jpg
    06080915.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
Thanks for the pics! They look very relaxed and at ease.:)

What a cute dog! How long will they stay in France?

She is such a lovely lady, and quite attractive - but she should do to the dentist.

Kelly said:
How long will they stay in France?

Acording to Berlingske, they will stay there until the end of August.

wiwaxia said:
Poor Prince Henrik! - however, I would just like to say that BT is not a tabloid newspaper, but a magazine.

That how you look at it. I dont think that BT or EB are very trustworthy at all. They have really many stories based on rumors which I really dont like.

Anna Nowak said:
She is such a lovely lady, and quite attractive - but she should do to the dentist.

They may have a way to paint her teeth white, but she may be happy the way she looks, although I agree with you. She also may have been told that her teeth may have to be pulled. She seems in the pictures to be a good person to be a grandmother and should be very active with her grandsons. :neutral:

There is a reassuring sameness in these pictures year after year. Queen M seems to always wear her "daisy" earrings, white sandals, and a summery two piece outfit. [What is the name of the necklace she is wearing? Is it "millefiori"?]

The Queen is still a very beautiful woman. Even the teeth don't bother me, she has this inner beauty that just seems to shine through.

I love dogs and this one's cutie! I love how Margrethe and Henrik take turns holding it. Does anybody know his/her name?

I just noticed the other dogs on the ground. :flowers: The DRF must love dogs.

Queen Margrethe II looks very nice.Thanks for the pics!

Can anyone tell me where I can the transcript of the Press Conference given my The Queen as well as those from previous years.

I have translated the statements of Her Majesty and His Royal Highness at the Cayx press conference of August 9, 2006 as they were shown on DR1 and TV2. Most of the time, you do not get to hear the reporter’s exact question, but I have tried to clarify the subject in parenthesis.

Her Majesty (on holiday plans): “Our best plans down here are not having to do anything special.”

HM (on HRH Prince Christian): “He cannot quite manage to crawl yet, no, he cannot, but he is a very quick-on-the-uptake and happy little kid – it is very lovely. And he enters the swimming pool in his mother’s or father’s arms, and is very comfortable with the water.”

HM (on TH Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix): “The boys are so happy and harmonious and I am very pleased with that; that is the most important thing, I think.”

HM (on The Crown Prince): “He is so happy, and that… that is because he has a lovely wife and a lovely child.”

HM (on whether the birth of Prince Christian has made The Crown Prince even happier): ”I think that… the whole time, as he has become… in preparing for the wedding, the whole time… he becomes a happier and happier person, and that is lovely to see.”

HM (on HRH Prince Joachim’s civil status): “Things must develop as they can, and I do not think that he is in great haste; I think that those in most haste are certain magazines!” (Her Majesty makes a funny face, and the press laughs)
Reporter: “What do The Reigning Couple think when you see that he is suddenly paired with a tennis trainer?”
HM: “Then we think: Well, what do you know!”

HM (on her knee surgery): ”I think that it has gone fantastically well. I am very grateful that it has gone incredibly easy for me, and very quickly, I think, or so they say; I can only say that I am very content!”
Reporter: “Has it been a hard rehabilitation?”
HM: “No, I really do not think so because with the summer weather we have had this year, it is an easy matter to get well.”

HM (on the leg trouble of her husband (leg ulcer) and herself): “We call it solidarity”
HRH: “Solidarity.” (laughs wholeheartedly with the press)
HM: “And it is even the left leg on both of us, it doesn’t get much prettier than that, does it?!” (Her Majesty lovingly places a hand on her husband’s shoulder.)

HRH (on the consequences of his leg ulcer): “I have not had the time to play tennis because of the leg, so I hope that you will not bring too much attention to my stomach!” (the press laughs, and The Prince Consort continues:) “It is because of tennis!”

Several statues in the gardens of Château de Cayx are the works of The Prince Consort himself. When asked why he has kept this artistic skill a secret, he replies: “I think that when… It is a hobby, so I say that I do not take myself seriously, but I like to work with my hands, so therefore, I do not talk about it, and I have kept it a secret in order to avoid getting criticised”.

DR1 also aired some recordings from previous Cayx conferences:
HRH (at a previous press conference, on some sort of illness): “I hope that it will pass over the next days.”

HM (from the press conference at Cayx in 1999, yelling at her late dachshund that barks loudly, thus interrupting her): “We have had… BE QUIET!”

HM (from the Cayx press conference of 1999 when expecting her first grandchild, on The Prince Consort and herself becoming grandparents): “We will probably be just as silly as all other grandparents seem to be.”

His Royal Highness (at the Cayx press conference of 1999, on grandchildren): “There is no doubt that I would like more and many grandchildren!”

HM (at the Cayx press conference of 1999, on her knee, which has troubled her before her 2006 surgery. Obviously, The Prince Consort's knee gave him some troube at the time): “It is very well, thank you.” HRH: “And therefore, mine is doing quite bad”. HM: “We share!”

HM (from the Cayx press conference of 2002, on the female interests of her eldest son): “I do not know what is and what is not at the moment!”

HM (from the press conference at Cayx in 2003, foreshadowing the October engagement when asked what she thinks of The Crown Prince’s girlfriend): “We have met her, as you are aware of, and we deeply appreciate her.”

HM (from the press conference at Cayx in 2004, on HRH The Crown Princess): “We are simply very, very happy to count her as part of the family.”

HM (from the press conference at Cayx in 2004, on when The Crown Prince Couple will produce an heir): “It will all happen in good time.”

HM (at last year’s press conference, on arthritis pains): “When I sit down, I experience no pain, so, it is not that grief.”

/Lasse Pedersen

Thank you so much Lasse for taking the time to translate pieces of the interview, I really appreciate it! :flowers: I looked around for a good article or transcript, but all I found was short articles from Ritzau etc...

A question. Do you or anyone else remember the reason why they changed the castle's name from Caïx to Cayx? I don't remember...

I mean no disrespect but why doesn't the Queen get her teeth fixed? I have seen pictures of her when she was younger and she looked quite pretty, what happened? Again, I mean no disrespect but just curious.

Thats a good question Ive noticed too again no disrespect from me either.

I too have noticed her teeth and I also mean no disrespect.

Here is a short video and long video of the whole conference, in which Queen Margrethe is asked about Joachim's girlfriend, Marie Cavallier.
Here's another article as well.

In all, it seems that the Queen was slightly tight lipped about the relationship only noting that she had met the young French girl, that she was lovely (rather nice), and that was that. There was no discussion, or rather no comment regarding the subject of an engagement.

thanks for the pictures. QM looked relaxed in the pictures but looking abit tired in some too. Well,it would be nice if Joachim would say something rather than the Queen, maybe she didnt want to spoil anything:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 8.8.2007

Queen Margrethe II shopping at the weekly market in Cahors, during her summer
holiday in Caix, France - 08 Aug 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Article from Hello!

Queen Margrethe turns French housewife at local market.
Since Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik bought their rural getaway Chateau de Cayx in 1974 a trip to the ancient town of Cahors in southern France has regularly featured in their Danish couple's summer schedule. And the popular sovereign, who's currently on holiday there, is clearly right at home in the town, as could be seen this week when she did a spot of shopping at the weekly market.

Article

Back
Top Bottom