Queen Margrethe's Annual Press Conference & Holidays In Cahors: 2003-2009, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for pointing out that BB has covered this extensively in the past, Viv. The editor in chief is undoubtedly not pleased to miss out on the revenue from the circulation of the issue with the coverage.

Four pages, text and photos! Minimum! That used to be the norm, making it the "back bone" of the issue in the week following the press conference.

Must be annoying for an editor to miss out on :rolleyes2:!

Viv

Has Joachim and Marie been to the Chateau since it was announced that the Cheateau will go to Mary & Fred ??

Summary of a long article in Billed Bladet #36, 2013.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Our reporter went to France for a couple of days to cover the Regent Couple on their vacation there and the annual concert held at Chateau Cayx (I simply cannot figure out how to spell that name, so please bear with me).

It more or less the routine of previous years. QMII going to the local market, the locals pretending they don't know who she is. The LiW and the usual anonymous gentlemen following her around.

The concert is also an annual event, usually featuring some Danish performers. This year form the Danish Music Conservatory but also from the Central Conservatory of Music Beijing, so the music was a mixture of French, Danish and Chinese music.
In fact there were so many spectators that the chairs put up were insufficient and the chateau almost had to be emptied of chairs in order to provide seating for all.
But, QMII's back is not well. She was observed leaning several times to a tree before the concert.
A considerable fraction of PH's family were also present at the concert.

Our reporter also made a brief but very frank interview with Prince Henrik.
His wine is selling pretty well in Denmark, but also in China. What is not used at official events at home, is sold. (Beforehand the wine was popularly referred to as Chateau de Fox Piss).

Although PH's lands are small compared to the lands around Schackenborg (50 acres against 1.200 acres), he nevertheless complain as a genuine farmer must: "Everybody says it will be a super harvest this year, but I don't believe that at all....".

The wine production is financially viable, but only just: "It's alright but it's difficult. There ain't much money in agriculture and wine is made everywhere from Chile to New Zealand, from Californa to Moscow",

Q: Pardon, but don't farmers always complain?
PH: (Serious): "Yes, and they have a good reason for that"!

PH talks about the concert where they invited 40 guests, but it's clear from the pictures that at least three times as many showed up. They will also be celebrating his brother, Jean Baptiste's 70th birthday.
And PH also refer to his, ahem, pondus: "I know my belly is too big. The Lady in Waiting has indeed told me".

Q: Have you stopped excersizing?
PH: "No,my personal trainer have been down here at the beginning of the holiday, but he has gone home again. Instead I excersize with the adjutant and he is very stern".

Q: You have previously had problems with the back?
PH: "Yes, severe problems. But now it's going well. It's just the age that isn't so well. And that I can't do anything about".

Q: How is the Queen's back?
PH: "She has had problems with the back and she is also in pain. The official visit to Chile was indeed cancelled due to the Queen's poor back, but also because of the knees".

Back
Top Bottom