Queen Margrethe's 75th Birthday Celebrations: April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Celebrations for
Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday
will take place in April 2015

75aringrslogo.jpg-4_zpsy9yei95c.jpg

Last edited:
Dronning Margrethes 75-års fødselsdag bliver fejret både i Aarhus og København | Billed Bladet

Don't know how reliable it is but apparently for the Queen's 75th birthday:

A few days before her birthday there will be a concert at the Aarhus Concert Hall

on the 15th there will apparently be an official party (sounds like a gala dinner /ball) at Christiansborg Palace where there 'will both be invited Danish and foreign guests'

On her birthday on the 16th the queen and family will make a balcony appearance at Amalienborg
Then a carriage ride then a private family dinner at Fredensborg

Interesting to see if this turns out to be true and if so,will those foreign guests include Foreign royals from Europe?

How spectacular! I had hoped they would do a big celebration for QMII's 75th birthday and it seems like that is indeed going to happen. I am sure the foreign guests include foreign royals – but presumably only the Greek, Swedish and Norwegian royals (although I'd love to see all the European royals come together).

Lots of European royals came for her 70th so I wondered if they would invite them all again this time or just stick to her sisters families and the Scandinavian countries. Personally I hope they do invite all European royals so we get to see at least some of them!

I think that the Dinner at Fredensborg Castle on the 16th will include foreign royals. But there seems to be no two-day celebrations with a gala concert as well. If I understand it correctly, the concert in Aarhus will be a week before the birthday, so that there won't be the foreign guests.

:previous:

This article from TV2 about the concert in Aarhus mentions that the concert will be "attended by the royal family and official guests from home and abroad" (provided the translation is correct, of course).

So it is possible some foreign royals - most likely only the Swedes and the Norwegians - may attend the concert as well as the April 15-16 celebrations.

:previous: The translation is correct. "Official guests" DK and abroad and the text elaborates that the guests that are referred to are invited personally by the DRF.

And I think you are right, it will predominantly be the SRF and NRF.

Looking forward to the celebrations. The Danes do know how to put on a good show.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beautiful picture of HM! Her smile is so lovely. I am so stoked for the birthday celebrations.

That's a nice photo, but I would have prefered a regal gala pic with orders, jewels and all the glam.

Judging from the events in line for her birthday, Im sure we will get a lot of pictures of the queen in full regal gear.
This is a nice smiling picture of the Birthday girl

That's a nice picture of Margrethe. Relaxed.

Looks great. I hope the European royals are invited, just like in 2010 for her 70th.

That would be wonderful but I think it maybe just the Swedish,Norwegian and Greek Royals.

That would be wonderful but I think it maybe just the Swedish,Norwegian and Greek Royals.

And we already know that the Queen of Norway is in US at the time for the celebrations.

Wonderful picture. She looks quite like her father King Frederick IX.

I hope we see her sisters and their families at the events.

Nice photo of the Queen, she looks relaxed and happy.

On April 8th in Aarhus
"The day shall Queen Margrethe out on the balcony at Aarhus City Hall to be celebrating the occasion of his 75th birthday, which is eight days later, on Thursday. 16 April.

With her on the balcony also Prince Consort and the royal couple(Frederik and Mary), Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, participating in the festivities during the day."

Special day indeed
Dronning Margrethe træder frem på balkonen i Aarhus | Billed Bladet

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia will attend the celebrations in Copenhagen, 15-16 April. But the are not scheduled to attend the concert in Aarhus on 8 April. We have to wait and see if more members from the Royal Family will attend. So far it is only (one or two exceptions) the King and Queen that have engagement during the coming months.

Royal Court Agenda:
H.M. Konung Carl XVI Gustaf - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia will attend the celebrations in Copenhagen, 15-16 April. But the are not scheduled to attend the concert in Aarhus on 8 April. We have to wait and see if more members from the Royal Family will attend. So far it is only (one or two exceptions) the King and Queen that have engagement during the coming months.

Royal Court Agenda:
H.M. Konung Carl XVI Gustaf - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

according to this article, Sofia will make her debut at the Queen's party
Sofias debut på den europeiska scenen | Nyheter | Expressen

For the 70th birthday five years ago there were three tiara events: a dinner for the official Denmark that was not attended by foreingn Royals, a theatre gala and a Dinner at Fredensborg.

This year they seem to do things differently: the concert is days before the other gala events and probably not a tiara event. The Dinner on the 15th seems to be not a purely Danish event, since the Swedish monarchs already attend on the 15th, and then there is another Dinner at Fredensborg on the 16th.

For the 70th birthday five years ago there were three tiara events: a dinner for the official Denmark that was not attended by foreingn Royals, a theatre gala and a Dinner at Fredensborg.

This year they seem to do things differently: the concert is days before the other gala events and probably not a tiara event. The Dinner on the 15th seems to be not a purely Danish event, since the Swedish monarchs already attend on the 15th, and then there is another Dinner at Fredensborg on the 16th.

My guess is that at the Concert there will be no foreuign royals present apart from Family as it is not in Copenhagen.
At the 60th birthday in 2000 there where 2 Galas. On at the Theatre the evening before the birthday and then at the birthday a Gala Dinner and Dance at Christianborg Palace.

Last edited:
Could someone provide pictures of the Queen's Christening ?

Three new stamps have been issued by Post Danmark in honour of the Queen's 75th birthday. The stamps bear drawings of the Order of the Elephant, the Order of the Dannebrog, and the Merit Medal.

Tre nye ordens-frimærker - Kongehuset

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom