Queen Margrethe's 75th Birthday Celebrations: April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a pity that Henrik can't attend the celebrations. Some Danish media has of course blown it up as had Henrik already one foot in the grave... I hope he recovers quickly and I'm sure he follows it all on television.

Really a pity that Henrik can not attend. Wonder what that means for the carriage tour. Will the Queen be alone in the coach or will she perhaps joined by the Crown Princely Couple?

It would be a lovely alternative. And much better than Margrethe sitting alone in the carriage .

It'll be interesting to see if Mary and Frederik will ride the carriage alongside QMII. Also the balcony issue, I doubt QMII will be all alone on the middle balcony – perhaps Mary, Frederik and the children will appear on the same balcony as QMII and then with Joachim, Marie and their children, and Benedikte, Anne-Marie and their husbands on the other two.

It is very conceivable. There is some planning to be rescaled now. Also the dinners where Henrik should have been sitting at Margrethes's side. I guess Margrethe now will have Frederik and Mary on each side.
Or maybe the foreign Kings?

Last edited:
It is very conceivable. There is some planning to be rescaled now. Also the dinners where Henrik should have been sitting at Margrethes's side. I guess Margrethe now will have Frederik and Mary on each side.

Or they could place King Harald as one of her table partners as he will also attend alone tomorrow.

Or they could place King Harald as one of her table partners as he will also attend alone tomorrow.

I actually think this is very likely. And perhaps the most senior royal attending (if it isn't Harald, that is) as the other table partner. Or a son on each side, that would also be lovely.

I actually think this is very likely. And perhaps the most senior royal attending (if it isn't Harald, that is) as the other table partner. Or a son on each side, that would also be lovely.
I think they most senior royal attending after Queen Margrethe will be King Carl Gustaf as he is King since 1973. Yes it would also be nice if she would seat between Frederik and Joachim.

A neat little solution, that would be a nice and I think popular touch would be for QMII to take her oldest grandchildren with her in the carriage. Two of each.
In that way QMII won't be alone, PH has no reason to be... ahem... miffed and both M&F and J&M would be delighted.

As for the dinner. QMII will need a table partner and someone to enter the room with. The logic step would be Frederik as he is next in line. However as King Haakon is alone and he is I believe the monarch with longest number of years on the throne among the guests present - and he and QMII are personal friends, perhaps he will be a natural table partner for QMII?

But if we are to follow the protocol (let's for the sake of argument pretend PH is no more) Frederik would be a natural table partner but QMII would still enter the room alone. - Otherwise Mary would be left alone.
It will be interesting to see because it will be an indication of what is to happen eventually.

A neat little solution, that would be a nice and I think popular touch would be for QMII to take her oldest grandchildren with her in the carriage. Two of each.
In that way QMII won't be alone, PH has no reason to be... ahem... miffed and both M&F and J&M would be delighted.

As for the dinner. QMII will need a table partner and someone to enter the room with. The logic step would be Frederik as he is next in line. However as King Haakon is alone and he is I believe the monarch with longest number of years on the throne among the guests present - and he and QMII are personal friends, perhaps he will be a natural table partner for QMII?

But if we are to follow the protocol (let's for the sake of argument pretend PH is no more) Frederik would be a natural table partner but QMII would still enter the room alone. - Otherwise Mary would be left alone.
It will be interesting to see because it will be an indication of what is to happen eventually.

i love the grandkids "solution" in the carriage ride.
or with her daughter in laws and Frederik and Joachim on horses ;)

For dinner, i think she will enter with Harald.
Carl Gustaf has more years on the throne but he is attending with Silvia, and Harald will attend alone.

Last edited:

That would be an excellent solution to the problem, I must say. It would be an experience for the children and QMII as well as for all the onlookers. I would love for that to happen.

:previous: I doubt that. Since they are go to the official lunch at the City Hall which the children won't attend.

ADDED:
Seems like it will be F&M who help and accompanying Margrethe now Henrik can't. A nice solution that Margrethe will be accompanied by the heir to the throne couple and it will (if it is correct) surely be a hit!

On a Facebook page operated by people who have large and respectful knowledge about the DRF (some members work in the royal horse stables) Nothing is certain though, but they usually have proper knowledge. But we will see...

From a retired employee at the royal civil list:
H.M. The Queen's 75th birthday.
From what we call a normally reliable source it will be The Crown Princely Couple who accompanying Her Majesty at the the carriage tour from Amalienborg to the City Hall during her 75th birthday.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/21624055569/permalink/10155414898855570/

Last edited:
TV2 has published a poll from Megafon: Måling: Stort flertal vil beholde dronning Margrethe på tronen | Nyhederne

According to the incomplete details in the article only 18 % wish QMII to step down.
And 73 % believe Frederik is well or very well suited/capable to take over the throne today.

ADDED: Here are more details about the poll: http://politiken.dk/indland/ECE2625877/kongehuset-skal-genopfinde-sig-selv/

13 % believe the DRF is too elitist. (I.e. surround themselves too much with the powerful in DK).
However 11 % believe the DRF should involve themselves more with ordinary Danes.
The Danish power-elite has been estimated to consisting of 423 persons. Quite a number of those see the DRF regularly or are regularly invited to official events.

Only 19 % believe the DRF should generate an economic surplus.

During the last government the DRF was calculated to cost 342 million DKK a year, not counting PET protection (that is classified) including palaces, royal yacht and IIRC the guards battalions of the Royal Lifeguard.

66 % agree that Joachim's children should prepare themselves for having a normal job.
(The problem being that there are now eight grandchildren and presumably not all of them can be used in various royal functions, considering the size of DK).

57 % agree that Countess Alexandra should no longer receive an apanage.

Last edited:
A shame PH is ill.

Color me jaded, but I can't shake the thought he is having another one of his little tantrums.
I laughed at this...maybe Prince Henrik realized that he would have to bow to Queen Maxima, Queen Mathilde and Queen Letizia - all women who were granted equal status to their husbands as Queens...while he will never be a King...and the very thought made him ill!!!:ohmy::whistling:

:pI apologize...just me being wicked...especially if Prince Henrik is so seriously ill that he can not attend his wife's birthday celebrations!

I personally feel sorry that Prince Henri has the flu and imagine that he probably is miserable. He and the Queen seem to be very good friends. And, I think he would want to be at her birthday celebrations. I think suggesting that he is faking it is rather unkind. Could we believe the best for the Queen, her husband, and all their family and enjoy the celebrating.

Let's pray for a very speedy recovery so Prince Henrik will be able to attend the festivities with his cherished wife, the Queen of Denmark.

Could I see the Gala this night at 20.00 from Belgium ?
Have we the same hours/time as in Denmark??

Do you think that beside of the Greek Royal Family any other former royal families will attend the birthday celebrations?

Could I see the Gala this night at 20.00 from Belgium ?
Have we the same hours/time as in Denmark??

Well, look at the time listed in the corner of my post. The clock here in DK is now 11:05 as this is posted.

Both public service channels send live today, so perhaps you will be able to follow at least one of them.
Also the tabloid BT had a live camera from the celebrations in Aarhus, so keep an eye on the site as well.

Dr1 begin their coverage at 18.00 with showing the guests arriving.
Speeches are shown from 20.00 or so followed by entertainment.
The whole thing ends around 21.30

TV2 starts their coverage at 17.20 and continue to 21.25.

Both DR1 and TV2 are expected to put out clips little by little. So is BB.

According to BB the court has confirmed that M&F will accompany QMII in the carriage. Dronningen får selskab af kronprinsparret i kareten | Billed Bladet

So Roskilde was right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Are Queen Anne-Marie and Princess Benedikte already in Denmark? And any of their children? I'd love to know which members of the extended family will be present, but I assume that the court will not publish a guestlist for the privat dinner tomorrow evening.

Are Queen Anne-Marie and Princess Benedikte already in Denmark? And any of their children? I'd love to know which members of the extended family will be present, but I assume that the court will not publish a guestlist for the privat dinner tomorrow evening.

I think we could expect a guest list tomorrow, I think one was released back in 2010 for Her Majesty's 70th Birthday. A private dinner at the Court in Denmark doesn't really mean that it is a secret.:ROFLMAO: More that the guests more tend to be family and friends. The dinner is broadcasted in TV, just as the official gala dinner tonight.

sorry, I'm from Italy and tonight I would like to watch it but DK stream doesn't work here..Do you know if it exist another live-stream available for Italy or for the orher countries? thank you and sorry for my english..

The Royal Court with Lene Balleby confirms: Queen Margrethe aren't going to sit alone in the carriage through the streets of Copenhagen tomorrow, The Crown Prince Couple will step in and accompany Margrethe.

https://www.facebook.com/billedbladet/posts/10152979009137928

TV2 news: Kronprinsparret erstatter prins Henrik på karettur | Nyhederne
It just happens as like the Diamond Jubilee Carriage Procession for Queen Elizabeth II when Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall stood in for Prince Philip.

I think we could expect a guest list tomorrow, I think one was released back in 2010 for Her Majesty's 70th Birthday. A private dinner at the Court in Denmark doesn't really mean that it is a secret.:ROFLMAO: More that the guests more tend to be family and friends. The dinner is broadcasted in TV, just as the official gala dinner tonight.
No, certainly not secret. I just didn't expect a guestlist.
I'm looking very much forward to tomorrows dinner because I find it so interesting to see the extended family and friends (and their jewels of course:D).

Please, I need your help. I dont find the link to watch the live broadcast of the gala. Anyone can help me ??

Back
Top Bottom