The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy

Love seeing CP Mary singing along to Anne Linnet.

Old 04-08-2015, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Lovely. Christian was cracking up when he saw the legendary QMII imitator, Ulf Pilgaard, imitating his farmor.
Perhaps it i the first time he see Ulf Pilgaard in that role? But the resemblance really is spooky! http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...l-bt-og-nf.jpg
How fun! thank you again for including this titbits

Old 04-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Helle ... seriously!?

The CP family look absolutely stunning.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:06 PM
Majesty

One of the better stand-upper was on stage, Jonathan Spang and he was sharp!
QMII tried not to laugh when he made a swipe at the Minister for Finance (Treasury) but she was blue in the face and had to give in.
Also his reference to the weekly government reshuffles were hard on QMII's diplomatic face.

Christian obviously loved Jonathan Spangs reference to "bridgegate" where he said that with a ninja-trained Frogman we should count ourselves lucky he didn't blow up the bridge almost per reflex.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beautiful pictures.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
One of the better stand-upper was on stage, Jonathan Spang and he was sharp!
QMII tried not to laugh when he made a swipe at the Minister for Finance (Treasury) but she was blue in the face and had to give in.
Also his reference to the weekly government reshuffles were hard on QMII's diplomatic face.

Christian obviously loved Jonathan Spangs reference to "bridgegate" where he said that with a ninja-trained Frogman we should count ourselves lucky he didn't blow up the bridge almost per reflex.
It was at least until now the best part of the show

Did you notice that Prince Christian tried to say something to his dad during the "Bridgegate"reference? But CP Frederik hushed him gently and after the joke they talked
Old 04-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's a very good and funny show and the DRF are having a blast.

BB article - telling Christian and Bella were the stars on the red carpet - at least it was their names the people cheered most.

Prinsesse Isabella og prins Christian sørgede for underholdningen ved Musikhuset | Billed Bladet
Old 04-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Majesty

The absolutely brilliant Ørkenens Sønner = Sons of the Desert, who have lifted the art of innuendo to the limit delighted QMII, especially when they were seen singing her praise outside Amalienborg. That it until the door went up and two dachshunds charged out and the four entertainers had to flee.
https://yt3.ggpht.com/-MIPNWDxa-yI/A...k-no/photo.jpg

We also saw some footage from the silver anniversary of the Regent Couple dancing the wedding waltz and QMII kissed her husband briefly on the lips. (That dance is a must at copper and silver and if possible gold anniversaries here in DK. And when the music plays the wedding waltz the happy couple are expected to get up and kiss).

The show is ending and now the DRF (perhaps the children too?) will "gå kur" in the concert hall. I.e. they will walk around and greet as many as possible of the guests. That will also be shown live.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The absolutely brilliant Ørkenens Sønner = Sons of the Desert, who have lifted the art of innuendo to the limit delighted QMII, especially when they were seen singing her praise outside Amalienborg. That it until the door went up and two dachshund charged out and the four entertainers had to flee.
She and CP Frederik totally cracked up when the dachshounds were on the loose
Old 04-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The absolutely brilliant Ørkenens Sønner = Sons of the Desert, who have lifted the art of innuendo to the limit delighted QMII, especially when they were seen singing her praise outside Amalienborg. That it until the door went up and two dachshunds charged out and the four entertainers had to flee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
She and CP Frederik totally cracked up when the dachshounds were on the loose
They did Christian, Isabella and Mary and Henrik himself as well. I guess it's not an unfamiliar scenario for them

This was how it looked in the Danish living rooms

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp...65574555_n.jpg
Old 04-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
They did Christian, Isabella and Mary and Henrik himself as well. I guess it's not an unfamiliar scenario for them
That´s my guess
Old 04-08-2015, 04:51 PM
Majesty

The whole family, including the children and Bella with her flowers, are out to greet and thank the performers.
Now it's time for a bite at a standing buffet.

It was actually good show. Very varied and occasionally lovingly disrespectful. Certainly child or tween-friendly as well.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

It's such a good way to do it. Isabella is after all only 7 years, Christian only 9 years and they naturally and confident walked and shook everyone hands - right after their parents.

Let continue the cute factor - F&M stroll around holding and cuddle each other hands on the way to "gå kur"

It's all very relaxed. A wonderful evening.

The children aren't along here at the "kur" though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish girl View Post
Not sure what other tiara it could be... Would love a close op photo.
A close up of the stunning necklace Mary wears tonight.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...b1249fb049f173
Old 04-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Majesty

The DRF will split up during their walkabout.

Joachim and our Marie will deal with the guests on the first floor. The Regent Couple will presumably deal with the ground floor as the guests here were seated on the floor.
The guests on the first and second floor were seated on the balconies. So I guess M&F (and perhaps with children?) will handle second floor.

Anne Linnet, who sang the song where Mary was seen singing along, just told that Mary know that song, because she, Anne Linnet, sang that song at Mary's hen night.

Christian and Bella do take part in the "kur" (walkabout/mingling). A lady has just told how she met them and chatted a little with them.

http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...-margrethe.jpg
A pic of the whole family enjoying the show.

BB tells us that at least two girls swooned when Nikolai and Felix arrived: http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige...iger-til-hvine
Old 04-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It's such a good way to do it. Isabella is after all only 7 years, Christian only 9 years and they naturally and confident walked and shook everyone hands - right after their parents.
And they look into the eyes of the person they are greeting
Old 04-08-2015, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Many thanks for all the pictures, videos and links. What great coverage and everyone looks so happy, relaxed and enjoying themselves. I wish our British prime minister looked like the Danish one!
Old 04-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Majesty

The fifers and drummers are playing the "tappenstreg", which is the infantry of the line and heavy infantry signal for lights out and time to hit the sack. (The equivalent of the bugler playing the evening reveille). It's a signal QMII uses at such official events and it's a very audible signal to her staff, family and indeed other present that the Majesty is leaving.

This is how it sounds:

In the old days. I.e. some 150-200 years ago the fifers and drummers marched through the garrison town and played the "tappenstreg" and that was a signal for the soldiers to leave the inns and return to the barracks.
It's derived from a Dutch word and it means putting a tap in the beer-barrel. I.e no more beers for the soldiers.

The tune is beat every night at the Royal Lifeguard barracks. Probably among the only places, or indeed the only place, in the world where this tune is still played every night. The Royal Lifeguard Regiment were by the early 1800's grenadiers. i.e. heavy infantry.

Here is a YouTube with Attraction Perfomances, they were really good!

Another Daily Mail article: Crown Princess Mary steps out in stunning floor length gown with family for gala night celebration honouring Queen Margrethe II of Denmark | Daily Mail Online

The story behind the Anne Linnet song and why Mary sang along: http://www.bt.dk/royale/linnet-efter...ed-paa-mit-hit
Old 04-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought it was a decent show. Nikolaj Lie Kaas was a wonderful host and I loved the shadow theatre, the bit about QMII answering the journalists' ridiculous questions as well as Jonathan Spang's piece. I still miss some of the refinement DR give their shows. TV2 adds a lot of unnecessary celebrity hullaballoo to theirs but, sure, this was definitely one of the better TV2 shows (hands down, I had feared the worst after Hamgate at her 70th birthday – that was downright distasteful ).

I'll agree with Ulla Terkelsen, the funniest thing about this show is to see the reactions from the royals and the other guests. I loved when Christian cracked up over the Bridgegate jokes. I thought the moment after the QMII/Henrik montage where the camera panned to them was precious. And I loved seeing Mary sing along to Barndommens Gade. That is my own favourite Anne Linnet song and I loved hearing the reason behind her singing along as well.

QMII looked regal as ever. Her gown was amazing and her jewellery complemented it beautifully. Mary's too. IIRC the dress is a repeat onto which I've thrown love before It's just so lovely and subtle. And that necklace! It definitely looks like a tiara – I wonder if it is and, in that case, which one it is. Alexandra looked gorgeous. Absolutely spectacular. I really miss seeing her at these sort of events. The children were precious – the boys dapper and little Isabella so poised.

Quote:
Good grief! QMII and Frederik will be sitting right in front of C2PO! We'll have to look at her all evening... (We need a suicidal smiley).
Nice.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Two nice picture of Christian and Isabella arriving

https://scontent-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...74&oe=559B9F68

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...8530275900.jpg
Old 04-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
very cute. I love how confident they seem.
Isabella is a clone of Frederik
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...8530323565.jpg

picture of Christian and Isabella sitting at the reception table
Michael Jaap @michaeljaap Børnemenu? Gallam...Instagram photo | Websta (Webstagram)

from the concert
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp...29161736_n.jpg

i like this one of Frederik
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp...40279420_n.jpg

Tags
queen margrethe's 75th birthday, queen margrethes birthday